Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You should all feel ashamed of yourselves for driving away such posters as TempleGR. These Skyrim fanbois are likely 12 year olds posing as bearded 35 year olds driven from their communities and seeking refuge in the Codex. Although they may look like a sasquach, talk like a sasquach, and behave as a marauding sasquach; by treating them as such, you are treating them as the 'other' and proving your heart's are hardened and afraid of the diversity they bring!. We should allow them to play with our games without fear of retribution! We should endeavor to welcome them into this community with tags raised in solidarity and unity!.

You have all missed an opportunity for the cultural enrichment of yourselves, and of the games we so cherish. As the Pope recently branded his racist flock "insignificant Christians" so do I brand you all close minded bigots!. For shame Codex! For Shame!.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
You should all feel ashamed of yourselves for driving away such posters as TempleGR. These Skyrim fanbois are likely 12 year olds posing as bearded 35 year olds driven from their communities and seeking refuge in the Codex. Although they may look like a sasquach, talk like a sasquach, and behave as a marauding sasquach; by treating them as such, you are treating them as the 'other' and proving your heart's are hardened and afraid of the diversity they bring!. We should allow them to play with our games without fear of retribution! We should endeavor to welcome them into this community with tags raised in solidarity and unity!.

You have all missed an opportunity for the cultural enrichment of yourselves, and of the games we so cherish. As the Pope recently branded his racist flock "insignificant Christians" so do I brand you all close minded bigots!. For shame Codex! For Shame!.

Some of these people are popamolers, EA sympathizers - we can't let them in. They have to go back.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Some of these people are popamolers, EA sympathizers - we can't let them in. They have to go back.

Yes but it's only a tiny minority of the Elder Scrolls community that support stuff like this:
:fallout3:
The Codex needs to keep calm and carry on. Besides, We need the Elder Scrolls community to do the work the monocled are unwilling to do; just think of the progress that could have been made if they had all started playing Kingmaker sooner and reported all of the bugs! Think of the specific skills they bring to the table... after all, we are all part of one genre under RPG, and you can't be thinking about how things were a generation ago. The future - the future of all RPG's and their fans - is a future where all RPG's co-exist in harmony...

...and are the same.

hexer

Witcher 3 is flawless and Bethesda didn't ruin Fallout.
Everybody should accept that Fallout 4 is twice as good as Fallout 2 because 2 * 2 = 4!
You can't beat logic.

naossano

Cipher
Isometric RPGs usually suck. Some of the best RPGs ever are isometric, but they are drops in the ocean.

When devs make modern isometric RPGs they either (1) don't have the money to make it first or over-the-shoulder third person, (2) have no idea how to make a combat system that is at least equal to Bethesda's piss-poor attempts, and so they avoid it altogether (3) hoping that all thirty-two nostalgiafags in existence jizz their collective tighty whities over an outdated presentation, and (4) some combination of those aforementioned three.

Maybe when it's finished, but not yet.

The fact that this awesome opinion, which i share completely by the way, is something that is posted here to "trigger" supposed RPG enthusiasts, is sad to me...

I don't think isometric is the best or the worst for rpg. You have crowd for both kinds that loath the other, just like there are crowds for board game and crowds for sport.
One provide more in-depth tactical decision while the other is more about reflexes and adrenaline.

naossano

Cipher
Witcher 3 is flawless and Bethesda didn't ruin Fallout.
Everybody should accept that Fallout 4 is twice as good as Fallout 2 because 2 * 2 = 4!
You can't beat logic.

Damn, that must mean that Fallout 76 is way too good to be played.
Do it, and you will be disapointed by every other games.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
One provide more in-depth tactical decision while the other is more about reflexes and adrenaline.
That's the way it has panned out, but I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive. I think it's possible to have very tactical popamole combat if you make the system good enough. In other words, combine a not-shitty version of kingdom come with rock paper scissors (can't get past platemail DT without thrusting or just being stupidly strong, switching to a unique stance allows you to slip between armor gaps better while losing power, or something like that). Toss in functional party orders before assaulting a camp or whatever too.

Swigen

Arbiter
New Vegas is Fallout 3 with all the interesting stuff removed and a handful of dialogue choices gated by bullshit skill checks.

bataille

Arcane
Chris Avellone is a learned writer who is only barely talented by nature and whose success is entirely based on diligence. All his work bears the mark of him taking his environment in. There is no 'Chris Avellone' in his stuff. He is a 'writer' you hire to 'write' for your game. He wouldn't be able to pen a book of his own. He IS the pen he writes with! There's little to no vision in this meat-machine!

:shittydog:

Last edited:

Swigen

Arbiter
Soul Calibur 6, Ace Combat 7 and later this week Resident Evil 2 reboot... Namco is off to a good start this year. Hopefully they keep it up and really make Mortal Kombat 11 into something special.

Hevnknekt

Educated
The reason why you hate on Skyrim so much, is because it's like a low-grade slut that you're attracted to against your will and against your better judgement. Your hatred comes from a deep sense of guilt and shame. These self-loathing feelings are intensified once you realize that the slut you contemptuously crave is actually Todd Howard. At some point, when you succumb to temptation once again, know that modding Skyrim is like putting a bag over the vulgar slut's face - the ordeal of fucking her may be more tolerable, but it won't wash the shame away. You disgust me.

user

Savant
I am sure someone has already said the exact same thing, but thank Todd that Bethesda got that shitty unpopular fallout franchise back then and now keeps improving it at every iteration.

Incendax

Augur
Pool of Radiance had full transgender support back in 1988.
Why can’t more games be like this?

fqTr0_d.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom