Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex's 2018 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started the poll, then I realised that I haven't played ANY of them. Not even one.
I also didn't play most of them and those I did I only played a little... :negative:

Heard that mouse stealth game was good.

Been on a nostalgia binge lately playing actually good cRPGs from the past (though The Bard's Tale remake was well done).

Zer0wing

Cipher
Fertile year for the underground indie releases but yeah, no, GOTY candidates are obvious eurojank - Pathfinder: Kingmaker or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. ATOM was almost there but the SPECIAL knock-off was meh. Not everything from Fallout was golden, guys.

Tacticool games should have their own awards really, they're drawing too much attention from usual RPGs.

Mortmal

Arcane
I started the poll, then I realised that I haven't played ANY of them. Not even one.
Atom rpg is really worth playing but i would advise not picking a melee build . Try high int and lot of survival or speechcraft first. Automatic weapons are considerably better end game.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's missing octopath traveller.Not that it would win , but still.
I don't think these polls ever included games that aren't available on pc. Nor should they.
People using their pc like a big console with steam , there' no difference at all. But anywyay what's the point arguing here , its like arguing with a wall and an autistic one even...

Swigen

Arbiter
Bought Atom, Underrail and Wastland 2 in the space of a couple weeks. Atom is my favorite of the 3 and definitely my favorite rpg this year.

GOtY however, goes to Hitman 2 ‘cause it was such a surprise. Playing it on Master gives me the feeling I got playing the older ones and what they did with the “legacy” levels was pretty swell too.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Also since it's the Codex GOTY why is it open for everyone
Only DU can make big Codex-only polls, and I'd rather not test my luck asking him now. Better save that for the new Top 50 CRPG poll later this year.

what measures have been taken as to not see again non rpgs becoming GOTYS dear op?
"again"? When did that ever happen?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Battle Brothers DLC and Grimoire 2.0 are missing

But worry not, he included 30 JRPG that no one plays and ASSassins Creed (the RPG) and of course Dark Souls (retexture of):retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom