Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Subnautica: Released (SPOILER WARNING past Post #1)

Ivan

Arcane
So i hate water levels and I tried this. Aurora exploded, decided to go to the rear thinking that's where the opening was. Night came. Something roared and I froze. Death was sweetly embraced.

Restarted now that I knew the grounrules. I got my water scooter and little ship, ran into a Leviathan and it seemed to 1 hit KO my little ship (I'm reading that this should not be the case)

Srategy: build base, construct upgrades, then find out what the FOOK I'm supposed to do.

Is part of the fun finding blueprints for shit you have zero info on? I swear I should have the laser cutter by now....

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So i hate water levels and I tried this. Aurora exploded, decided to go to the rear thinking that's where the opening was.

My story exactly.

The difference is I've never realized you can build a submarine (never found the blueprint I guess) so I kept exploring the depths with a gigantic network of air pumps and piping lol. Obviously at some point I thought "ok this is fucking absurd, constantly having to swim back to an air pipe to breathe, fuck this game".

Shortly after uninstalling I googled there is a Seamoth blueprint to find. Womp womp.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Restarted now that I knew the grounrules. I got my water scooter and little ship, ran into a Leviathan and it seemed to 1 hit KO my little ship (I'm reading that this should not be the case)
I don't know what you're reading, but you shouldn't be fighting the fucking Leviathan in the Seamoth.

Is part of the fun finding blueprints for shit you have zero info on? I swear I should have the laser cutter by now....
It is part of the "fun" and my least favorite thing about the game is how impossible it is to find certain upgrades. I recommend liberal use of buoy markers to designate wrecks etc. you've already explored; it will save you a lot of time double- and triple-checking old ground.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I think it does, but blueprints and data fragments are one thing that's most definitely randomly placed. It's very hard to instruct players to visit this particular wreck to find this particular blueprint - it's better to just tell players where to find the wrecks and see what they can find.

Do you play ass a nigger in this game?

No, you play as a chink.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
I think it does, but blueprints and data fragments are one thing that's most definitely randomly placed. It's very hard to instruct players to visit this particular wreck to find this particular blueprint - it's better to just tell players where to find the wrecks and see what they can find.

Do you play ass a nigger in this game?

No, you play as a chink.
Huh?
S23gfLX.jpg

dextermorgan

Arcane

Yes, part of the fun is unlocking things that make your life easier and enable you to advance the story. In the beginning don't stray far from Safe Shallows (where your lifepod is). Focus on exploring the surrounding area, scanning everything, collecting supplies, and manufacturing whatever you are able to. Check for radio messages regularly, then follow the markers they provide. On the way to each marker explore every piece of wreckage you see along the way. By doing this you should be able to collect most of the essential tech without wandering too far afield.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm hooked on this game (no pun intended). Once I got my first Leviathan encounter over with, it's not so bad anymore.

I love the exploration.

Q: is there any way to upgrade your lights either on the Seamoth or on your person when traveling deeper into the ocean? I swear, even during the "day" it's still sometimes hard to see.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know what you're reading, but you shouldn't be fighting the fucking Leviathan in the Seamoth.

It is part of the "fun" and my least favorite thing about the game is how impossible it is to find certain upgrades. I recommend liberal use of buoy markers to designate wrecks etc. you've already explored; it will save you a lot of time double- and triple-checking old ground.

1. There is no "the" leviathan. There are tens if not hundreds of them. And different types. And yes they love attacking the Seamoth.

2. You can't fight anything in this game, apart from knifing it. The developers are pacifist faggots trying to make some millennial statement about "gunz r bad mmmmkay."

Have you actually played this game?

dextermorgan

Arcane
2. You can't fight anything in this game, apart from knifing it. The developers are pacifist faggots trying to make some millennial statement about "gunz r bad mmmmkay."
You can grab onto a leviathan with the grappling hook and drill them to death with the prawn drill arm like some futuristic Cpt Ahab.
You just need to
git gud

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can grab onto a leviathan with the grappling hook and drill them to death with the prawn drill arm like some futuristic Cpt Ahab.
You just need to
git gud
Only if they're near the sea floor.

dextermorgan

Arcane
I think you can provoke virtually any one of them into attacking you (bringing them into range) by using jumpjets. But it's entirely pointless anyway since they respawn. Leviathans are meant to be "force of nature" type-obstacles, not enemies to conquer.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
there should be a warning about this on the store page to prevent americans from accidentally buying the garbage

From what I've watched (not playing it, deep sea monsters make me shit myself) the "wild" leviathans inhabit certain zones so if you're running into them often it's a sign you're getting off the playable area of the map.

Last edited:

dextermorgan

Arcane
They spawn in certain biomes (typically not the lush ones), at certain passages into the deeper areas of the map, and at the edges of the map (where the bottom drops off into the abyss - this is the edge of the playable area).

dextermorgan

Arcane
In opposite - normal "white" leviathans often are in areas where you can find valuable wrecks, schematics and materials.
The only place where you'll find leviathans in the immediate vicinity of a wreck is in Dunes and Mountains biomes. You can complete the game without exploring those...

Though you will need to at least enter the southern tip of Mountains because that's where the Gun Island is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom