Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted Member 22431

So the main quest is tied to Dan's quests or what? I just want know if I need to start all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannos

Educated
So ... this is Jay Bauman (from a few years ago) from Redlettermedia... right?
AAB843F51F9A83EA3539952B9AECD2B46D6E5CD4

tenor.gif

Sloul

Savant
Glutton is min-maxing, although I disagree with ''something you don't care about'', I picked it in alpha to min-max, I avoided it at release, because fuck... eating every 2 min is not something ''you don't really care about'', lol.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Before Grotesque manage to confuse everyone, because he himself is confused, the info he posted is old.
What you read on armors and weapons in the game is what you get.

If any retard reading this: no AC on armor (duh).

if I am confused is because this game's developers did not see proper to write a manual even with the basic information.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Aye-yai-yai this game has balance issues, eh? The random encounters are nearly impossible unless it's rats and wasps. I'm level 6 and don't feel like I should be hitting a brick wall THIS hard when it comes to shit like this.

I also don't understand why I've been playing for this long and have yet to see a single frikkin' piece of armor for sale or available from looting.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I have plenty of weapons. But I'm not sure how I'm supposed to win out in a random encounter of five humans with better weapons who are able to kill me before my second turn. And this is all in the starting location between the first town, the bandits and the bunker.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Also, preemptive strike: I'm 40 fucking years old and have been playing RPGs longer than some of you have been alive so suck a dick with your "git gud" answers. I can sniff out wonky balance when I see it.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Jesus. From playing the early-early access I had no idea they focused so hard on crafting. It's one of my favorite aspects of Underrail but I didn't expect it from this game. Fuck me. I almost feel like I should start a new game at this point.

All that said...am I crazy that there's nothing in-game that clues you into the necessity of crafting or the presence of these recipes?

razvedchiki

Erudite
dont need too,the materials you can find from the first village and you can quick save until you craft what you want (so you dont need to spent skill points in tinkering).
crafted weapons are more of an early game choice,expect if you decide to get the 1ap pistol perk and the perk that removes jam chance.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Ok, so, I'm seeing a very limited list of things I can craft...which is the same list I noticed at the very beginning of this game. I'm assuming you're talking about the Zip Gun, but I see nothing re: armor anywhere. Are recipes purchasable items? And am I wrong for not having trekked out to the big "Long Russian name I can't remember from memory" town?

I've done most of what there is to do in the first village, the bunker and am currently in the Roaring Forest as per the bandit quest. It *felt* like a fine order of things to me at the time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also, preemptive strike: I'm 40 fucking years old and have been playing RPGs longer than some of you have been alive so suck a dick with your "git gud" answers. I can sniff out wonky balance when I see it.
Maybe that is the problem,people have invented the quick save/load system a while back.

Joke aside,pump up speech and survival to get rid of those encounters.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Yeah "speech" is always my main stat in RPGs so that's fine, it's just that when it doesn't work I'm fucked. I mean I'm not talking about "Ohhhhhh shit I almost won!" type shit...I'm talking about "Ok my one and only shot missed and I just got wasted before my second turn" type shit. Fwiw, I don't remember the earlier version I played being this strangely off-balance.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
you dont need the recipe,gather the ingredients from the site i posted and craft them.

Ok but for those of us who had no idea this list/site existed...that's a pretty fuckin' big oversite on the developers' part, no? I mean...what the actual fuck?

krilcebre

Learned
you dont need the recipe,gather the ingredients from the site i posted and craft them.

Ok but for those of us who had no idea this list/site existed...that's a pretty fuckin' big oversite on the developers' part, no? I mean...what the actual fuck?

You can find recipes in game by talking with people, this is just a cheat sheet I guess. You don't need to craft those, but some encounters can be very difficult in the early game. If you can't win, run to the green area and you'll escape. You'll find easier encounters from time to time. Also get yourself some stimulants.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Yeah I've been to the bunker and fooled the guys by hiding most of my shit in the locker near the entrance so it's not a matter of not having stuff. It's that there's not been, to my knowledge, a single piece of armor for sale or to be looted yet in the game which is a little crazy. And not knowing about the stuff on that list means I've been selling all my scrap thinking that I just haven't hit the part of the game where crafting is relevant yet.

I know it's an indie and all but I'm just noticing some very strange balance decisions and/or design oversights here.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
lol

Ok. Started a new game. Did all the village stuff and left for the bandit/factory. First random encounter: 5 dudes with guns killed me before I even had a turn. Tell me again how the random encounters are based on your level and this game is properly balanced? I take nothing back from my Steam review, but jesus H. this needs some work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom