Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

2house2fly

Magister
You may as well wait until they've put out all the DLC, since they'll continue patching the game gor all that time and it's possible the DLC will introduce new bugs. There's no reason not to wait until it's as polished as it can possibly get

Cael

Arcane
You may as well wait until they've put out all the DLC, since they'll continue patching the game gor all that time and it's possible the DLC will introduce new bugs. There's no reason not to wait until it's as polished as it can possibly get
So, buy it 5 years later at a dumpster fire sale. Got it ;)

Deleted Member 16721

Finally found a magic tower shield for Valerie! It's just a +2 with no trickery, but better than her mundane one she'd been lugging around since the start. Still got fairly shit robes for my wizard and only a +2 INT hat but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important for wizzing. Vanishing of Varnhold quest continues to be pretty cool other than the fact that I probably should make a trek back to my barony just to reassign dudes and make sure nothing's on fire. Going over/through the mountains to reach Varnhold takes a decent chunk of time and the quest has had a fair bit of running around, so I might've rolled into a new month and had new events trigger. It is a bit of a shame that you can't just set your kingdom to "If the baron isn't around you idiots handle any crises" mode and it auto-assigns people to solve shit if they're available. Could even have the drawback of them not automatically jumping on opportunities, just fixing problems.

You can assign people to do events from the world map even if you're far away from the barony. Just look for the Kingdom button in the bottom right of the screen when on the world map. Makes things much easier obviously.

You can assign people to do events from the world map even if you're far away from the barony. Just look for the Kingdom button in the bottom right of the screen when on the world map. Makes things much easier obviously.
Yup, but you've still gotta bet in your territory to do that. Which doesn't make it quite as much of a trip as hauling ass back to the capital but still means I'd have to go over the mountains. I have got that southeast region though so maybe I can snake down there without hitting any mountains and slowing down, not positive about that.

purpleblob

Savant
If you have expansion installed, the tiefling companion should add a kingdom project that speeds up travel in mountain region. Also, there is a food recipe that reduces travel fatigue (cheese crostata)

Deleted Member 16721

Yep, the food that enhances travel time without fatigue is great, and I didn't realize you had to be in your own territory to access the Kingdom from afar. Interesting.

Incendax

Augur
The Kingdom Resolution mod has an option to access the Kingdom Management screen anywhere. It’s a nice quality of life improvement that should already be in the game because simple communication spells exist.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yup, but you've still gotta bet in your territory to do that. Which doesn't make it quite as much of a trip as hauling ass back to the capital but still means I'd have to go over the mountains. I have got that southeast region though so maybe I can snake down there without hitting any mountains and slowing down, not positive about that.
If you got silver lake region, you can get to it taking a path east of the mountain, that is how I managed my kingdom during Varnhold chapter.

Edit: Also you should build an aviary in your capital, it will let you control the kingdom from Varnhold area even if you don't have it claimed.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Has anyone figured out how to the use the teleportation to your other settlements? I got a Mage Tower in my capital, do I need one in all villages? I was hoping it would at least work one way if you only got it in capital.

Put a teleportation circle in every city you want to be able to travel to and from.
I don't have that option. But I also don't have an arcane advisor yet.
But Mage tower building in its description mentions teleportation, I was hoping that would be enough.

Terenty

Liturgist
So ive got two questions

1. Is the game sits comfortably among all time classics?
2. Is it playable now from start to finish?

ArchAngel

Arcane
So ive got two questions

1. needs some more time in the oven to be in top 10 (or some good community patches). It is top 20 without that for sure
2. It is playable but still feels unpolished in may aspects of it.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Is this game patched enough to play or should I wait a few more months? Tried it when it first came out and it was fun but a shit show of bugs and I had to stop.
New patches bring new bugs. E.g. skinning used to work but is now broken in 1.2.0 beta. So you shouldn't take it for granted that in a few months it'll be more (and not less) playable.

---

From a Steam review:
This is what Pillars of Eternity, should've been like

:shredder:

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant
So ive got two questions

1. In my opinion, yes it does, one of the best cRPGs out there.
2. It is playable but still need some more polish. Much better now though.

If you got silver lake region, you can get to it taking a path east of the mountain, that is how I managed my kingdom during Varnhold chapter.

Edit: Also you should build an aviary in your capital, it will let you control the kingdom from Varnhold area even if you don't have it claimed.
Nice, thanks! I'll have to look into building that too, since having access to basic kingdom management everywhere would be pretty handy just so shit doesn't blow up.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Nice, thanks! I'll have to look into building that too, since having access to basic kingdom management everywhere would be pretty handy just so shit doesn't blow up.
And if you got access to upgrading village in one more region (you get it when you control 6 total regions), you can upgrade village in silverlake and build an Aviary there. Then you will be able to do kingdom management even from Tors of Levenies

Telemetry

Educated
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Varnhold spoilers
Told Tristian to fuck off. Now, I just finished Pitax and realized I have no candidate for the counselor position. C&C bitches, you reap what you sow.

The guy who designed the custom portrait selection screen is a moron. I have to click 1000 times to find the perfect waifu

Funposter

Arcane
The guy who designed the custom portrait selection screen is a moron. I have to click 1000 times to find the perfect waifu

They must have assumed that you'd pick the perfect option and put it in the game files, rather than downloading entire packs. That's the only explanation I can think of for why it's so useless.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Varnhold spoilers
Told Tristian to fuck off. Now, I just finished Pitax and realized I have no candidate for the counselor position. C&C bitches, you reap what you sow.

After Varnhold you get a chance to save him from Defaced Sisters in the Nyrissa's house. Did you not do that as well?
Let me guess, you picked the half orc envoy at start?

Telemetry

Educated
Patron
After Varnhold you get a chance to save him from Defaced Sisters in the Nyrissa's house. Did you not do that as well?
Let me guess, you picked the half orc envoy at start?
Yeah, it's there I told him to leave and never even contact me on snapchat. I picked lander actually. He also left, in a coffin. And the lady from the lamashtu cult also left. Doing a LG playthrough right now.

I'm not complaining, it's just cool that the game doesn't hold your hand at all. It's a trend in new RPGs that I definitely approve.

Telemetry

Educated
Patron
Nobody's perfect, that period was very tough on the queen, the stress got to her. She is a human being too.
No but seriously never picked that option before wanted to see what happens, plus I never use the guy, he sucks

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey guys, for those of you who know Russian, in this thread https://2ch.hk/vg/res/28917800.html#28921210 appeared some anon who claim to be from Owlcat Games, who is telling some pecular shit about what was and why it was, what was cut from game etc.
I hope someone with better English will read that and translate for Codex crowd, and harvest some brofists.
Posts #277 #288 #291 #298 #306 #335 #355

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom