Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So how is that meeled build going, RK47? Is it worth it?

Decent to a point, then it became really really bad once you face multiple ranged enemies.
You're fine facing a bunch of punk and some bandits maybe with good positioning, but overall, not recommended as a main build. You have very little in ways of defense when fighting in the open.

And you can't possibly melee this...

GbzCBzT.jpg

:lol: Uh oh...

96Esfwz.jpg

AXXQPHY.jpg

Superb sequence lets Chad move first. Maybe this might save him from being murdered. I count at least two Dragunov snipers, and other high tier weaponry. It's a good thing it's night time...

iOSrj6q.jpg

They landed a few good hits, forcing Chad to pull out a Super Stim.

2JoIkY0.jpg

And Chad survived a LMG burst. Thank you DT7 armor. Barely making it out with his life.

Run51Iq.jpg

Note to self: Do not do explosive deal anymore.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Was just level 5 with no defensive perks but Endurance was buffed to 10

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I saw the armor shop and bought armor in Kraz. My problem, like I said last night...was that I was under the impression that Kraz was a mid-to-late game goal.

Deleted Member 22431

Was just level 5 with no defensive perks but Endurance was buffed to 10
It was a miracle that you managed to escape. This elite team is serious business. 140 HP! I think they have level 20 or something. I will deal with them later. I don't wanna die now, huh.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They really need to fix the issue with CNPC's going out of combat during combat. When meeting snipers, they frequently get pulled out of combat, meaning that I have to take point, which I'm simply not made for - I've got Fidel trained and equipped for that exact purpose. I have to run up, take several shots to the face, until the others get close enough to be pulled into combat.

It's extremely frustrating when it happens, and it's just the icing on the cake when it comes to the abortion that is the CNPC system/"controls".
It has the highest HP pool in the party for a reason, and its armor is somewhat cheap to buy if you can find it on traders.
The dog armor is really expensive in the beginning and it's random. I gave up the dog because the armor was never for sale when I wanted. The dog armor should be always on sale. The same thing holds for the best weapons and armor. They should be always there waiting for you and making you excited to do more quests and earn more money. It's terrible that it's random and the player needs to rest just to see if they appear.
I agree, at least partially. It took fucking forever until the vendor got the doggy armor, and doggo just kept dying and dying and dying. Mostly from being shot in the head by his friends. But still counts.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

I agree, at least partially. It took fucking forever until the vendor got the doggy armor, and doggo just kept dying and dying and dying. Mostly from being shot in the head by his friends. But still counts.
I think there is a dog helmet too.

krilcebre

Learned
RK47 Did you mix up auto weapons in your melee build, or how do you deal with chance to hit penalty if you haven't (I noticed you are using an auto weapon on those pics you sent). :salute:

krilcebre

Learned
With the frequent patches and their plans to significantly alter the gameplay in the future, not sure it's worth it to play this right now.

It's more than worth it. Everything works fine, some balance issues here and there, but nothing major.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Check STR req stats for weapons, because you'll be quite far down the line before you can pick the perk that overrides it.
You're too low on carry weight as well to be able to get properly geared-up, and with such a low END, it'll be paramount.

EDIT: Seeing how you're pretty much aiming to do the same build-type as I did, I fired up the game to check on my stats.

Child Prodigy
Shooting Gallery Fan

Might be able to deal with a lower END if you keep it constantly buffed with food.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think there is a dog helmet too.
There is. I got both at the same time. In fact, when dog armor finally showed up at the Krasnoz vendor at around lvl 16-18 or so, it had two different dog armors and a dog helmet, IIRC.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
With the frequent patches and their plans to significantly alter the gameplay in the future, not sure it's worth it to play this right now.
It is absolutely worth playing now. It's fully playable, and I haven't run into any really major bugs. Some oddities, some frustrating things, yes, but what game doesn't have flaws? It really is great. GOTY 2018, snatched from the jaws of PF:K.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It is absolutely worth playing now. It's fully playable, and I haven't run into any really major bugs. Some oddities, some frustrating things, yes, but what game doesn't have flaws? It really is great. GOTY 2018, snatched from the jaws of PF:K.
Oh I'm playing it since release, but I feel that shelving it for a more updated version instead of just continuing and then replaying everything is a waste of time. I tend to not replay rpgs, and this along with pathfinder are two games that I'm sure will offer a much better experience down the line.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Alright, so, of course, as soon as I say that there aren't really any major issues, I hit a major issue: Sometimes CNPC's will run into areas and open doors that will trigger combat with everyone. And since there is literally no fucking control of CNPC's, this seemingly cannot be prevented in any way. I can no longer enter the Inn in Fogelevka without manually telling my jolly band of retards via dialogue to wait outside and then manually tell them to rejoin afterwards.

Deleted Member 22431

The only serious problems are the ones you always have with sandbox games: quest related bugs. I can't finish three quests. It sucks.

razvedchiki

Erudite
stealth is super good if you go solo (especially with rifles),you position yourself at the edge of the map and snipe everyone.
melee curently could be viable if you got all the armor/melee dmg perks so only in easy/normal or in lvl 30+ if you go expert.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The only serious problems are the ones you always have with sandbox games: quest related bugs. I can't finish three quests. It sucks.
Which ones? I just noticed that if you turn in the Fogelevka talk-to-old-accomplices-to-find-that-one-dude quest in the wrong order (and lie), it doesn't complete and acts like you haven't turned all three in.

Deleted Member 22431

Which ones? I just noticed that if you turn in the Fogelevka talk-to-old-accomplices-to-find-that-one-dude quest in the wrong order (and lie), it doesn't complete and acts like you haven't turned all three in.
The car quest, one in Fogelevka and I forgot the third one.

Deleted Member 22431

stealth is super good if you go solo (especially with rifles),you position yourself at the edge of the map and snipe everyone.
My current playtrough is a sniper solo. I still suffered early on, even with high stealh. It takes time before you become a murder machine. The advantage, besides being able to profit from lone wolf, is that you increase your level faster.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Speaking of quests:
What is the seedy underbelly of Krasnoz? I honestly have no idea who to talk to regarding Dan's investigation into Shishak's accomplices. I'm meant to check out Peregon and Krasnoz, but there's basically zero indication on who to speak to, from where I'm standing.

krilcebre

Learned
Speaking of quests:
What is the seedy underbelly of Krasnoz? I honestly have no idea who to talk to regarding Dan's investigation into Shishak's accomplices. I'm meant to check out Peregon and Krasnoz, but there's basically zero indication on who to speak to, from where I'm standing.

I don't exactly remember who said it in game, but there is a gang guard on the ship in Krasno, just by the brothel. Talk to him.

bddevil

Educated
Wait I just read about 2ap crafted pistol with insane base damage, available as early as Otradnoe ? wtf ?
Is this possible if you're playing ethically and don't look at recipes on the internet and don't know the combination needed ?

Most of my early game my diplofag character used regular knife, then I switched to basic crafted pistol (the rifle from the old guy wasnt that great) then nagan and once I did the slavetrader ambush quest (Lyudmila is a fucking beast with that sniper rifle, she took on most of that squad) I got bunch of armor and makarovs to sell and then lucked out and bought a scorpion from a random caravan/stalker for 2k, this was a huge chunk of my rubles.

BTW the funniest way out of the bunker without getting jumped is
eating a toadstool. those thugs look at your hallucinating ass and run away like you're carrying black plague. thanks Katya :salute:

too lazy to quote RK47, but about Fidel and melee being made idea, I think melee in general the more you progress starts to fall apart. Especially with companions. I guess, my point is that melee companions in this game = sponges as you encounter more and more ranged dudes with guns that inflict a ton of damage, making the companions offensive melee perks kinda useless. I kinda wanted to explore the dog's melee line as well as Fidel's, but offensively those seem more and more underpowered the more I play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom