Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Merged thread when it shouldn't have been

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

Hello mods. So I created the Love Letter to Kenshi thread in hopes of sharing my review (which I worked hard on) as well as some screenshots and trying to get others to participate with stories and screenshots as well. I realized there was a general Kenshi discussion but I wanted my own thread without spoilers and with more of a focus on the review + helping people realize how good the game was. It was unduly merged by Crispy into the general Kenshi thread and I'm upset about it. I worked hard on that thread, from the review to the screenshots included with the review (with descriptions on each) and promoting a game I think people should play. Now all of that is lost in the mass of the Kenshi general discussion where people are a lot farther in the game and posting spoilers and things that wouldn't have been in my thread.

Truth be told I'm pretty pissed about this. I also made a "Kenshi invented a new genre" thread that I thought, even if I was wrong about it, deserved to live. Crispy just merged everything. I can't continue to post on a site where threads I work on are going to be merged for no good reason at all. This may be my last post on here because of it. If you guys want people to deliver and add content to the site then they should not be punished for doing so. If you're going to punish new threads then I see no reason to stick around and post new content for the site.

Sorry, but Crispy fucked up on this one and yes I am upset about it. I just wanted to bring this to everyone else's attention. Thank you, Fluent.

Jinn

Arcane
I hope you've enjoyed your introduction to rpg codex moderators.

They are a very special bunch.

The threads in question were just a step below Safav level of fanboyism/redundancy/inanity, which is why I think it's fine they were merged with the main Kenshi thread.

It does beg the question though: why has the same not been done to Safav's threads?

Bohr

Arcane
Have you considered a guest slot on Lilura's blog instead for future reviews? Guaranteed a big audience and the moderation policy is apparently more friendly and consistent. Just a thought, would hate for this sort of content to disappear entirely.

Don Peste

Arcane
Not sure you needed two different Kenshi Fanboy threads (although I wouldn't mind), but yeah, c'mon, who did this? Let the poor fella at least have one.
Many games have multiple threads. There are like 10 different New Vegas Mods Definitive Threads. Let him be happy with his shit.

Jinn

Arcane
Not sure you needed two different Kenshi Fanboy threads (although I wouldn't mind), but yeah, c'mon, who did this? Let the poor fella at least have one.
Many games have multiple threads. There are like 10 different New Vegas Mods Definitive Threads. Let him be happy with his shit.

Thing is, usually those threads are dedicated to Codex Classics™ that have fallen out of discussion for months to years. Kenshi was only just officially released recently and has an active thread with plenty of views that isn't even that big yet. I get Fluent's enthusiasm to share his experiences with a great game that is exciting him, but he doesn't need to make a thread every time he thinks a different aspect of said game needs to be pointed out and illuminated for the world. We've had GRPG shit-filled up enough with multiple unnecessary PoE II threads lately. It doesn't need to become a trend for every contemporary game someone is fanboying. It just kind of annoying.

And honestly, it does the game more harm than good around here. Fluent acts like he's doing the game a great service by "penning reviews" and granting it new genre classifications, but it just creates a natural aversion to the game when someone blows their load so hard about it everywhere.

Fluent, you were doing good, but then you had to get all caught up in this self-proclaimed persona of spreader of "positivism and childlike innocence" for RPGs. Only an arrogant fool would classify themselves as having childlike innocence. And arrogant is what you were quickly becoming in your naivete.

Deleted Member 16721

The threads in question were just a step below Safav level of fanboyism/redundancy/inanity, which is why I think it's fine they were merged with the main Kenshi thread.

It does beg the question though: why has the same not been done to Safav's threads?

That's bullshit and you know it. My thread had a review, screenshots with descriptions, I worked hard on it. To say it was a step below Safav is BS, I'm not a shitposter nor a troll, I want to actually contribute content to this place because I like doing that.

They weren't fanboy threads. Maybe I was off on the "Kenshi created a new genre" but it was worth a discussion and people were posting in it. My thread was a review/love letter and also helping newbies understand why they should play the game. It was getting great ratings for every post, there was no need to merge them. Whoever did it screwed up big time and I'm very upset about it.

Deleted Member 16721

Jinn you can fuck off. It has nothing to do with arrogance. It has everything to do with wanting to share my experience with others, which is what a forum is for. You can just stop responding to my posts now because you bring nothing but negativity to them. I don't think I'm doing some "great service", I think I'm sharing with others which is what I LOVE TO DO. So just be quiet if you don't understand where I'm coming from.

Deleted Member 16721

Exactly. I just wanted a little place to share my review and promote the game, as well as encourage others to play it and promote them sharing their screenshots and stories. The general Kenshi thread is just a mish-mash of stuff, usually spoilers and higher level talk. I wanted something different and was penalized for adding new content.

Jinn

Arcane
Jinn you can fuck off. It has nothing to do with arrogance. It has everything to do with wanting to share my experience with others, which is what a forum is for.

There are plenty of opportunities to do so without starting a thread about it every time you think you have something unique to say. I do understand where you're coming from, I think you just got carried away and are throwing a tantrum on an internet gaming forum right now.

Deleted Member 16721

There are plenty of opportunities to do so without starting a thread about it every time you think you have something unique to say. I do understand where you're coming from, I think you just got carried away and are throwing a tantrum on an internet gaming forum right now.

Nah, bullshit. My Kenshi review thread deserved its own thread and I thought I was starting a good discussion with creating a new genre. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I don't feel I have something "unique" to say or its some great arrogant crusade. I like sharing my points of view and a forum is for starting discussions. Both those threads started good discussions, and are now lost in the mish-mash of the general thread. It's dumb and it's why I won't be posting stuff here anymore.

Jinn

Arcane
Nah, bullshit. My Kenshi review thread deserved its own thread and I thought I was starting a good discussion with creating a new genre. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I don't feel I have something "unique" to say or its some great arrogant crusade. I like sharing my points of view and a forum is for starting discussions. Both those threads started good discussions, and are now lost in the mish-mash of the general thread. It's dumb and it's why I won't be posting stuff here anymore.

To be clear, I wasn't accusing you of going on an arrogant crusade by posting individual threads to express your opinions about a game. I think that was just more some naive enthusiasm. I was specifically talking about your self-proclamations about what kind of poster you were in shoutbox. However, the degree to which you're upset about your threads being merged (not even deleted, just merged) does seem to cry out "my opinion deserves SPECIAL recognition, not to be jumbled in the mass of a main thread!" Either way, your rage here just seems particularly intense and disproportionate to the situation at hand, which is really what is of interest to me.

Anyway, seeya later dude.

Deleted Member 16721

To be clear, I wasn't accusing you of going on an arrogant crusade by posting individual threads to express your opinions about a game. I think that was just more some naive enthusiasm. I was specifically talking about your self-proclamations about what kind of poster you were in shoutbox. However, the degree to which you're upset about your threads being merged (not even deleted, just merged) does seem to cry out "my opinion deserves SPECIAL recognition, not to be jumbled in the mass of a main thread!" Either way, your rage here just seems particularly intense and disproportionate to the situation at hand, which is really what is of interest to me.

Anyway, seeya later dude.

Tell me, what's the point of creating a new thread then? Do we all just post in a 50-page long thread already? That's just dumb. Naive enthusiasm or not, that thread was my little thing, my joy on this site that I enjoyed and went through a hell of a lot to work on. Screenshots, uploading to imgur, copying the links, writing descriptions, it was a cool thread and the posts got brofisted and what not. The main 50-page thread was talking about high level encounters, spoilers and more. Is there not room for multiple threads on a god damned RPG forum? That's just stupid if that's the case. You can judge me all you want, that's your opinion, but I enjoyed that thread and went through trouble to make it and it's bullshit that it's gone. I'm upset and sad that it's been merged and ultimately destroyed in the general Kenshi thread.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This has, once again, been resolved due to patient and careful negotiations conducted in Shoutbox.

- Your humble Sheriff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom