Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Merged thread when it shouldn't have been

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Jinn

Arcane
Tell me, what's the point of creating a new thread then? Do we all just post in a 50-page long thread already? That's just dumb. Naive enthusiasm or not, that thread was my little thing, my joy on this site that I enjoyed and went through a hell of a lot to work on. Screenshots, uploading to imgur, copying the links, writing descriptions, it was a cool thread and the posts got brofisted and what not. The main 50-page thread was talking about high level encounters, spoilers and more. Is there not room for multiple threads on a god damned RPG forum? That's just stupid if that's the case. You can judge me all you want, that's your opinion, but I enjoyed that thread and went through trouble to make it and it's bullshit that it's gone. I'm upset and sad that it's been merged and ultimately destroyed in the general Kenshi thread.

I am sorry you got sad. I would urge you to try to not let the goings-on of an entertainment forum effect your emotions so violently, however.

Anyway, welcome back!

Deleted Member 16721

Thank you, Jinn.

And for the record, I guess it wasn't Crispy who merged them. I don't know who did, but whatever, it's fixed now, all is good. So my apologies to Crispmeister for calling him out without knowing who in fact merged the threads. :brodex:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
So hold on. Some retard spams a bunch of inane threads, and the merging for once is justified, and then it gets reversed? So are you going to reverse all the other mergings? Are you gonna unfuck the strategy, tactics and simulation sub-forums, the merging/splitting of which almost entirely killed discussion on them.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/simulations-now-moved-into-general-gaming.120672/

Note that far more people were upset over this than one single autistic shitposter.

Edit: Btw here's the thread from 2015 where Infi was begging DU to this. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/separate-board-for-squad-based-tactical-rpgs.98567/

Of course no one wanted it and it didn't happen. Then as soon as infi is promoted he goes ahead and does it anyway.

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
  1. Gregz:
    Crispy: Fluent, you accused me in public of being the one who merged your threads. Crispy Crispy: I'm very upset about that. <- Crispy I have an idea
  2. Modron:
    Now i understand why they promoted crispy so infinitron can pretend his hands are clean.
  3. Gregz:
    OK so here's the idea, why not log all administrator actions automatically (I assume DU already is), and have a single stickied thread in Site Feedback where that log is dumped
  4. Gregz:
    Then everyone will have full transparency over which mod did what

Repressed Homosexual
I agree with every single word that fluent said in this thread.

Don't worry, fluent. The moderators on this site have so little going on in their lives, that their only sense of purpose in life is merging RPG threads from anyone who expresses an original idea about a new one, just to aggravate other people they've never met, and make themselves feel that in their megathreads, they are "one of the boys", and those "silly newbies" are not.

As if anyone cares about these dumb, hundreds of pages long megathreads filled with paragraph upon paragraph of unfunny snarky comments and other nonsense that people pat each other on the back for. You couldn't pay me to read one.

You've actually interested me in trying Kenshi.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm eating Dunkaroos while watching clips of Don Cherry's Rock 'em Sock 'em hockey. I'm pretty sure I have little going on in life.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hello mods. So I created the Love Letter to Kenshi thread in hopes of sharing my review (which I worked hard on) as well as some screenshots and trying to get others to participate with stories and screenshots as well. I realized there was a general Kenshi discussion but I wanted my own thread without spoilers and with more of a focus on the review + helping people realize how good the game was. It was unduly merged by Crispy into the general Kenshi thread and I'm upset about it. I worked hard on that thread, from the review to the screenshots included with the review (with descriptions on each) and promoting a game I think people should play. Now all of that is lost in the mass of the Kenshi general discussion where people are a lot farther in the game and posting spoilers and things that wouldn't have been in my thread.

Truth be told I'm pretty pissed about this. I also made a "Kenshi invented a new genre" thread that I thought, even if I was wrong about it, deserved to live. Crispy just merged everything. I can't continue to post on a site where threads I work on are going to be merged for no good reason at all. This may be my last post on here because of it. If you guys want people to deliver and add content to the site then they should not be punished for doing so. If you're going to punish new threads then I see no reason to stick around and post new content for the site.

Sorry, but Crispy fucked up on this one and yes I am upset about it. I just wanted to bring this to everyone else's attention. Thank you, Fluent.
Your ((love letter)) was Shafav Hamon tier with fanboyism. But still a decent ((review)). But Shafav-tier none the less

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OP seems very butthurt about his crpg let's play yt channel not getting any views.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Can we merge this thread with "where is cooking?" and then merge with "where is sports?" and then merge with "last post on codex" and then merge with "replace news with megathread" so we get a big blob and then we can finally play this blobber?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Have you considered a guest slot on Lilura's blog instead for future reviews? Guaranteed a big audience and the moderation policy is apparently more friendly and consistent. Just a thought, would hate for this sort of content to disappear entirely.

Lilura has a blog?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom