Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Renevent

Cipher
I had to take a break from the game and I think I screwed myself. I tried a few times now but I can't figure out where to go. My journal says I have no active quests, and I've been running around trying to find areas I haven't been but no luck. The only obvious place is the snow area but the ogres there are waaay higher level and I can't come even close to beating them.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I had to take a break from the game and I think I screwed myself. I tried a few times now but I can't figure out where to go. My journal says I have no active quests, and I've been running around trying to find areas I haven't been but no luck. The only obvious place is the snow area but the ogres there are waaay higher level and I can't come even close to beating them.

There's a way to the castle from that area, just escape / use camouflage from the yétis things and go south through the small forest area, then, you reach a portal, go around the castle through another snowy path and find a hole on the walls after reaching another forest area.

Then :

you avoid the impossible/titanic static guards and get the key to the next temple from the prince

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Is there any news on the sequel? Are they working on it? Is it the same team that worked on They Are Billions?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Yes, it's the same people who made They Are Billions.

Darth Canoli Arcane Warrior is quite fun, you get to apply fire or ice etc to your sword & for some enemies s/he can burn through them quicker than any other character IMO.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Is there any news on the sequel? Are they working on it? Is it the same team that worked on They Are Billions?

From their website / About us (in addition of informations from the previous page) :

We are currently working on the console version of the game while developing our new hardcore RTS title, They Are Billions that is now available on Steam Early Access.

http://www.numantiangames.com/about-us/

IncendiaryDevice thanks for the intel, not going to restart it anytime soon though, my current team has to get through, is it applied during the combat ? (losing one combat turn, just to satisfy my curiosity )

Renevent

Cipher

There's a way to the castle from that area, just escape / use camouflage from the yétis things and go south through the small forest area, then, you reach a portal, go around the castle through another snowy path and find a hole on the walls after reaching another forest area.

Then :

you avoid the impossible/titanic static guards and get the key to the next temple from the prince

Thanks for the tip but I think I already got past the castle (sounds familiar). I think this is where I am in the story?

https://imgur.com/a/24CNSfS

And my journal shows this for active quests:

https://imgur.com/a/5yAvupf
24CNSfS

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
IncendiaryDevice thanks for the intel, not going to restart it anytime soon though, my current team has to get through, is it applied during the combat ? (losing one combat turn, just to satisfy my curiosity )

No, it's a spell & just costs SP. You normally have enough SP to take down most enemies. I can tell you, they make extremely short work of Ents, for example.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Renevent

You probably have to explore then, there's a tedious battle against the ultimate guardian to get to the oasis city south next to the desert but if you can't kill the yétis in karranga, you probably can't even scratch that thing so you'll have to kill every living thing you cross path with to grind some levels, once you reach 20-25, you probably can kill the ultimate guardian or maybe there's other areas to get through first like the "thunder" castle, east of cunavarn (this one is a pain in the ass) and his related temple ...

Doesn't sound like they are working on the sequel at all.

:negative:

Although, i'm not quite sure i'm going to like the sequel that much when it's released in 2025 or something, apparently, they want to improve the visuals and atmosphere which is probably going par with increased loading time.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Thanks for the tip but I think I already got past the castle (sounds familiar). I think this is where I am in the story?

https://imgur.com/a/24CNSfS

And my journal shows this for active quests:

https://imgur.com/a/5yAvupf
24CNSfS

Have you explored the small islands away from the main island yet? As in got the boat off that guy on the eastern coast?

According to my save file, you need to go kill Prince Darthenos in Devonia next.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
We need to fight every visible and random enemy in an area before gaining some bonus exp? Or just the visible ones? Or we dont receive any bonus exp at all?

I remember reading something like that before entering Velegarn Beach.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Damn, I made a serious mistake.

I was sleepy when playing and then I used two attribute points in axes instead of swords for the main char (Gaulen). The problem is that I already have a barbarian with specialization on axes.

Can someone know what can I do? I will search later, I kinda lost interest in the game for the moment cause I am very frustraded with this.

:/

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
Damn, a made a serious mistake.

I was sleepy when playing and then I used two attribute points in axes instead of swords for the main char (Gaulen). The problem is that I already have a barbarian with specialization on axes.

Can someone know what can I do? I will search later, I kinda lose interest in the game for the moment cause I am very frustraded with this.

:/

-Change Skill Level To: Require to move the mouse over a skill any character posses and wait for the tool tip to appear. This options change the level of any chosen skill to any level the player want, to do so, simply set the wanted value when the character screen open while traveling on the map with the relative branch selected, so that the value of the skill is visible, then over the mouse over the target skill and wait for the tool tip to appear, done

To see the change in the skill level it's necessary to close the character screen and reopen it, but the tool tip shown when overing over the skill with the mouse is updated correctly immediately. Remember that higher the ability, higher is the cost to activate it. Passive skills have no cost of course

https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/990/

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I would have liked to see a sequel, and possibly fixing the 'issues' as it really had potential. That seems very unlikely with the apparent success of TAB. Fuck that normie tower defense BS, someone needs to educate the masses that blobbers are the ultimate and apex form of vidya gaymes.

Incendax

Augur
it does get very repetitive, probably the biggest issue.
Yeah, this is my biggest issue with the game. Without Respec you pretty much just repeat the same few combos over and over for 100 hours.

The game is really fun for the first 10 hours or so.

Drowed

Arcane
I mean, I beat the game in 40 hours, more or less, 43 if STEAM is correct. Obviously I didn't complete 100% of the game, but I did a lot, I remember defeating all the enemies on several of the maps, for example. I don't think it's such a long game, I imagine that if you do just the basics you can finish in less than 20 hours. But I agree that after a certain point the game ends up being more of the same and you always end up using the same skills, in the same order.

JDR13

Arcane
I mean, I beat the game in 40 hours, more or less, 43 if STEAM is correct. Obviously I didn't complete 100% of the game, but I did a lot, I remember defeating all the enemies on several of the maps, for example. I don't think it's such a long game, I imagine that if you do just the basics you can finish in less than 20 hours. But I agree that after a certain point the game ends up being more of the same and you always end up using the same skills, in the same order.

Are you talking about They are Billions or Xulima? I can't see how it would be possible to finish Xulima that quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom