Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Codex Year of the Donut
Hey guys, for those of you who know Russian, in this thread https://2ch.hk/vg/res/28917800.html#28921210 appeared some anon who claim to be from Owlcat Games, who is telling some pecular shit about what was and why it was, what was cut from game etc.
I hope someone with better English will read that and translate for Codex crowd, and harvest some brofists.
Posts #277 #288 #291 #298 #306 #335 #355
used google translate
tldr:
cut content involving robots, brothels, cities actually showed buildings that were constructed but cut due to difficulty in implementation
they couldn't find a russian QA team and had to do it all in-house
1.2 should be next week

didn't see anything else important

ArchAngel

Arcane
In a LG playthrough you rejected to help an
Angel
to redeem itself? What?!
Nothing is more LG than
executing a traitor :obviously: and Tristan double fucked up, first by falling then, and a much graver offence, by betraying me.
No that would be LE or LN. LE if you are doing it to a good guy. LN if doing it to anyone else. LG can do it to Evil people, everyone else should not be executed for betraying because if they are not Evil their reasons were not worth killing over.

Hey guys, for those of you who know Russian, in this thread https://2ch.hk/vg/res/28917800.html#28921210 appeared some anon who claim to be from Owlcat Games, who is telling some pecular shit about what was and why it was, what was cut from game etc.
I hope someone with better English will read that and translate for Codex crowd, and harvest some brofists.
Posts #277 #288 #291 #298 #306 #335 #355
used google translate
tldr:
cut content involving robots, brothels, cities actually showed buildings that were constructed but cut due to difficulty in implementation
they couldn't find a russian QA team and had to do it all in-house
1.2 should be next week

didn't see anything else important
I'm glad they cut robot content, but cutting brothels is unforgivable. If Divinity Original Sin 2 has shown us anything it's that more CRPGs need narrated sex scenes. Mild shame to lose the cities showing buildings that were constructed but I actually don't give much of a shit about it. It's something that'd make me go "Oh hey cool look at that" once and then I'd play the game the same anyway.

Still haven't gone back to check on my kingdom, but since I just learned the location of "The valley of the dead" and based on how the rest of the quest has been panning out that has an air of finality to it, so I might just try to knock the quest out before coming home for good. And if it continues on after that point then I can try to run to the border to check everything's doing alright.
PS: How the fuck they keep springing surprise zombie cyclopes on me I have no idea. Almost every other encounter in the game up until this quest has had basically everything visible and in the game world, but I've had 2 or 3 encounters with zombie cyclopes now where they spawn in behind the party or on the edge of the world map. Bit of a pain in the ass but I keep an eye open for it now so I can run my wizard and BAM away.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've finally recruited Nok-Nok. He's very cool, but probably won't replace Amiri as my "wing-man". Amiri has the Freebooter buffs. Plus nice synergy with a Keen Elven Curved Blade, Outflank and soon Seize the Moment. Already has Shatter Defenses too. Think I'll now level her as a 2handed Fighter, 5-7 levels. Weapon Training with Bracers of Dueling would be nice (and I would finally have a character that can take advantage of them). As well as double Strenght bonus on attacks. Although it would also be nice to take 4 Vivi levels for Mutagen, 3d6 Sneak, 50% Crit and Sneak Resist.

Nok-Nok can't really replace Valerie either - pretty good AC potential, but low HP, low Will and Fort saves. Worst of all, I can't reasonably make him into a reliable Intimidation character.

Also finally recruited Storyteller as my Magister and promptly built Teleportation Circles in all my 6 towns. YESSSS! Now that IS a very useful upgrade (and cheap).

Not much luck with the artisan items so far, though. My Vivi/Monk/Fauchard Sword Saint for now had to settle for flurrying a +1 Quaterstaff (more Str damage then unarmed/claws). But Irlene just arrived, so maybe she will deliver some better staff... with the teleportation circles I will also finally recruit the remaining 4 artisans.... or maybe Tulip will finally make something better then kamas and slingstaffs (also upgraded her village to town and upgraded her and Dragn's shops).
Btw. I remember it used to be possible to reroll items, which the Artisan will deliver (although it seemed to happen when they deliver one item, and determine the next). But now I always seem to get the same items, even if I try to reroll these few months a few times.

Last edited:
The fuck? Anyone had this issue? I've got all adviser slots filled and all are available (Poked my head back to check on the kingdom) and for whatever reason I can't assign anyone to this problem. Anyone else run into this and know of a solution? I'll probably just end up eating the penalty on it, but it's odd since there are other problems and I can assign people just fine.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm an eejit. I haven't got an espionage adviser yet which is probably what that needs.

Last edited:
Ended up not entering the valley of the dead tonight since I did a bunch of random-ass exploration on the way. Got a bit annoyed at some stat draining caused by fey-funk (Apparently not a curse since remove curse didn't do any good, but it took a fuckload of regular restorations to clear it up since lesser restoration didn't work) but other than that pretty smooth sailing. Got a +6 INT hat which is nice, and learned that unfortunately a clockwork amulet (Automatically makes haste and slow act as though cast with extend spell) doesn't stack with extend spell itself/metamagic rod extend. Bit of a shame since my main use on the extend rod was haste since rarely do I want/need extra time on crowd control, but eh. Also had an encounter against what looked like incorporeal ghosty things called soul eaters which was almost Pillars of Eternity-like when I used a fucking web spell to keep them in check. Was annoyed it worked as well as it did. They might be corporeal though since they're apparently not undead, no idea.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
but it took a fuckload of regular restorations
full heal (or mass heal) will be the quickest way once you have that spell because it removes everything at once, whereas restoration only rolls for how many stat points it heals, so you might get unlucky and need many castings.

I'm assuming regular restoration is "Restoration", in that case it actually restores full drain or damage from one (but only one) ability score. It's lesser that has a dice roll, and that only applies to damage not drain.

full heal (or mass heal) will be the quickest way once you have that spell because it removes everything at once, whereas restoration only rolls for how many stat points it heals, so you might get unlucky and need many castings.
:what:
Jesus, thanks for the heads up on that. I feel retarded that I burned up all that diamond dust on restorations, but I didn't remember heal removing stat drain (And in fact all the shit that it apparently does). What's really bad is that this made me pull out my 3rd edition PHB (Since I never did grab 3.5) and it's basically the same in there, too. Except it just flat out heals to max HP, whereas the 3.5/Pathfinder version heals 10HP per caster level up to 150. Then made me pull out my AD&D PHB and look it up and though it's a bit different in there it still cleans shit up beyond just HP damage. Weirded out at how I didn't remember that at all.

Thanks though, that's really handy to hear. It still would've been a pain in the ass (3 party members got fucked up on 3 stats each, so 9 casts of restoration or 3 casts of heal, and IIRC he can memorize 4 restorations per pop and only 1 heal) but knowing that now is great. Especially if I get hit with more extra-durable stat drain.

ArchAngel

Arcane
:what:
Jesus, thanks for the heads up on that. I feel retarded that I burned up all that diamond dust on restorations, but I didn't remember heal removing stat drain (And in fact all the shit that it apparently does). What's really bad is that this made me pull out my 3rd edition PHB (Since I never did grab 3.5) and it's basically the same in there, too. Except it just flat out heals to max HP, whereas the 3.5/Pathfinder version heals 10HP per caster level up to 150. Then made me pull out my AD&D PHB and look it up and though it's a bit different in there it still cleans shit up beyond just HP damage. Weirded out at how I didn't remember that at all.

Thanks though, that's really handy to hear. It still would've been a pain in the ass (3 party members got fucked up on 3 stats each, so 9 casts of restoration or 3 casts of heal, and IIRC he can memorize 4 restorations per pop and only 1 heal) but knowing that now is great. Especially if I get hit with more extra-durable stat drain.
Heal does remove ability damage (type of damage that goes away with enough resting) but does nothing vs ability drain. For ability drain you need Restoration or Greater Restoration.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The fuck? Anyone had this issue? I've got all adviser slots filled and all are available (Poked my head back to check on the kingdom) and for whatever reason I can't assign anyone to this problem. Anyone else run into this and know of a solution? I'll probably just end up eating the penalty on it, but it's odd since there are other problems and I can assign people just fine.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm an eejit. I haven't got an espionage adviser yet which is probably what that needs.

You need the spymaster. Improve the Diplomat skills until you can access one. Even if the game shows a few slots, more open later once you have improved the current slots to an extent (generally level 3). There are a total of 10 advisor slots.
To be more precise, Relations score needs to hit 60 before Espionage advisor slot unlocks.

Telemetry

Educated
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Guys, I want to do an evil character and I have a question.

Does it matter if the character is lawful or chaotic? I want to try the kineticist and a monk dip is really helpful there for crane style and shit. On the other hand I don't want to compromise a fully evil playthrough.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you are going to play a ranged kineticist you don't need monk levels. All you are going to do is slow down your blast advancement. For successful evil playthrough anything but CE should be good. CE should be doable as well but if you pick CE options when they present themselves you get to murder a lot of quest NPCs and even your companions.. you are kind of left alone in the world as a result :D

Incendax

Augur
I want to try the kineticist and a monk dip is really helpful there for crane style and shit. On the other hand I don't want to compromise a fully evil playthrough.
I've been playing around with a Kineticist/Thug since the change to Deadful Carnage, and it is officially fucking hilarious. Enemies walk through your Walls / Clouds / Deadly and die, setting off chain reactions of fear that make them turn around and run through your death zones over and over again. Fire Kineticist is a pretty decent skill monkey for this, since you can get Dazzling, Dreadful, Elemental Whispers (Viper), Skill Focus (Persuasion), and Persuasive without even touching your core feats. That leaves you free to go Dodge / Unarmed / Crane Style / Crane Wing.

Con: Thug 1 does delay your Kineticist levels, which always hurts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I found out by now what is the hardest challenge in this game:

To resist the urge to restart with a totally different build after reaching Varnholdt or so.
I got one party in Pitax, another after finishing Season of the Bloom, a solo run after doing Trolls. My first party I stopped just after beating Stag Lord and my current 1.2 beta run with another party I am in the middle of Varnhold chapter :D

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I found out by now what is the hardest challenge in this game:
To resist the urge to restart with a totally different build after reaching Varnholdt or so.
This is your new best friend.
What for? To take the fun out of levelling up my character?
I mean, there will probably come a time where I've seen the early content so often I'll be sick of it, but until that happens, I'll do the it sweaty, manual way.

I'm about to start the final chapter of this, with no big bugs, so I guess waiting paid off. But I got 50K gold worth of build points dissapear in thin air for no apparent reason :argh:

I'm havin a great time with my paladin, both in conbat and larping. I really like how the GOOD options often are *KILL*KILL*KILL* (but I still can't say no to Nok-Nok's requests, denying him fells wrong :().

Heal does remove ability damage (type of damage that goes away with enough resting) but does nothing vs ability drain. For ability drain you need Restoration or Greater Restoration.
Ah, then it was fine for me to burn all those restorations since it IS ability drain. I'm still not sure what caused it (It was during the big clusterfuck fight at the barbarian camp, I assume the defaced sister did it but how she did it I dunno) which threw me for a loop a bit.

You need the spymaster. Improve the Diplomat skills until you can access one. Even if the game shows a few slots, more open later once you have improved the current slots to an extent (generally level 3). There are a total of 10 advisor slots.
Thanks bro. Only fairly recently got access to the diplomat slot anyway so it may take a bit before I get the spymaster slot which is the only one I'm missing (Unless there are ones that use the same stats/hidden stats, since espionage is my only zeroed out kingdom stat).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ah, then it was fine for me to burn all those restorations since it IS ability drain. I'm still not sure what caused it (It was during the big clusterfuck fight at the barbarian camp, I assume the defaced sister did it but how she did it I dunno) which threw me for a loop a bit.

Thanks bro. Only fairly recently got access to the diplomat slot anyway so it may take a bit before I get the spymaster slot which is the only one I'm missing (Unless there are ones that use the same stats/hidden stats, since espionage is my only zeroed out kingdom stat).
It is their gaze attack. They keep their faces covered for a reason :)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

It's a mostly humorous review, but it actually have fair share of truth and outlined some problems the game has. The other points this anon made wasn't included here, one important - game have none-existant adventures for all, except rogue/thief, because there is only skillchecks for this kind of character, it could easily be traced through option when only those get exp form skillchecks who actually passed them, and Thiefs always two levels ahead of everyone. like 90% of skillchecks are like this.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How the fuck do I make sure
Octavia doesn't die at the House at the Edge of Time?

I did her personal quest, surely that ought to be enough. She's my only arcane caster. Can't even loot her or use a Ressurect spell on here. That's some fucking bullshit men.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How the fuck do I make sure
Octavia doesn't die at the House at the Edge of Time?

I did her personal quest, surely that ought to be enough. She's my only arcane caster. Can't even loot her or use a Ressurect spell on here. That's some fucking bullshit men.
1.2 patch will let you get custom companions in that part of the game. wait for it and buy one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom