Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
and never watched a single movie.

I haven't either

really? wow. such prestigiousness.

Dv7luRIVYAAEhqe.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was just sharing it as a curious fact, as it seems everyone has watched some movie or read some book.

Quillon

Arcane
Well, you guys must be older than I thought, otherwise being at least a teenager in 2000s and not having watched any HP movie that released throughout the decade must be a rare phenomenon.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I missed the hype by a few years. When I heard of Harry Potter it just looked too childish to me. I also reflexively stray away from anything that's the current hype when it comes to reading and movies. For games, well, we are on the codex.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think I missed the hype by a few years. When I heard of Harry Potter it just looked too childish to me. I also reflexively stray away from anything that's the current hype when it comes to reading and movies. For games, well, we are on the codex.
So you're a hipster?

The Real Fanboy
Ok you two need to legit read Harry Potter because they are some of the best fantasy books ever written (and yes I'm including it over Philip Pullman's Dark Materials series and La Belle Sauvage even tho I love those books too sis)! The wizard duels, the school dramas that rival Anne of Green Gables, the Quidditch matches, good vs. evil, sneaking out to Hogsmeade, the mystery at the heart of each book! Sigh, Hogwarts is iconic! (btw when you're done reading them and watching the films you can totally take the House test on Pottermore and see which one you get, I'm in Slytherin!)

I don’t think Josh actually cares about winning awards himself, but I think he’s probably generally irked that games like Heavy Rain (that is games that deemphasize or lack completely the strengths of the medium) are lauded as the apotheosis of what games can be.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I don’t think Josh actually cares about winning awards himself, but I think he’s probably generally irked that games like Heavy Rain (that is games that deemphasize or lack completely the strengths of the medium) are lauded as the apotheosis of what games can be.

I completely agree that it's retarded some people think video games being more like cinema is better and elevates the medium somehow. However the way he presented this and his argumentation for it is butthurt, and the QTE for sucking dick doesn't prove anything by itself.

2house2fly

Magister
I enjoyed the two Harry Potter books I read because the last quarter or so of each one mainly consisted of plot twists and firing Chekhov's guns. I forget the specifics of what they even were, I just like narrative elements clicking into place and they did a good job at that

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
My wife bought the Harry Potter books, so I read them, but we were already well past the targeted age group at the time. They were ok at best (the first one or two) and tedious (the last few) at worst.

Millennials grew up on them though and many think they're the best thing ever.

At this point I don't know if Sailor Woedica is trolling or not. Part of me really wishes he is.

I'd say almost definitely. Nobody shows up on the Codex that obliviously positive--with a laundry list of likes (Tumblr! POE!) guaranteed to annoy many Codexians--without being an intentional troll.

Basically Sherry-lite. It's entertaining though, as opposed to a Safav or a Templar.

AwesomeButton

Patron
So you're a hipster?
Yes, ironically, it turns out I was an instinctive hipster before I knew the term ("before it was cool").

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom