Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Viata

Arcane

That is a really great video. If anything, Capcom should watch it and see what they think should be fixed or not(zombies not getting into the main hall is really stupid when they can get past any door, btw).

I'm sure the management has been aware of ALL those aspects and a thousand more from the month the company's QA got their hands on the first playable build. The question, however, lies in prioritization. Since there is not enough time to do everything, stuff like this usually stays not implemented/fixed (low priority).

Well, Capcom did a lot of things to fix RE 6 on PC after release. So they could do the same here after releasing it, as the priority of releasing a complete game comes first.

That's why you don't pick any item until you get to the popo station so you can get the costume key. Leon has to change his outfit to increase his rate of fire by shooting it gansta style where as clarie gets a revolver that she fan fires.

I remember hearing a kid say this in the arcade. We thought he was making it up. That doesn't happen anymore...

TOP 10 THINGS ONLY 90s GAMERS WILL REMEMBER! NUMBAH OOONE

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Homeless looking guy missing a haircut in oversized dirty ass shirt screaming in his empty apartment for small amount of troll views. real scholar
Appeal to popularity fallacy. All of the best youtubers started off small. And many entertaining ones never grow to be big.

I remember hearing a kid say this in the arcade. We thought he was making it up.
Good old memories.
My favorite is still:
"If you fall down there, you'll unlock a secret stage." People then do that and their character die. I lost many friends at arcades this way.
To be fair the game does tell you brad has a key is there and how to get to him after you beat the game.
e66a4fc372a08b776dab2e9796fd35f09628195a.png
177afff1509998975e28a05a8c78627fa2108297.png

It just doesn't tell where to use it or that you can increase your ROF with the costumes.
Edit:changed my hotlinks to the archive.is of the page.

Last edited:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

Latro

Arcane
All right, I've been sitting on this one for awhile so here it goes:

I want the knife to go back to being useless.

Back in the old days, the knife was an important weapon. It was the symbol of so many things: you didn't choose Jill like a smart person, you ran out of ammo and are telling all enemies you're now fucked, you have huge balls.

The knife has since been promoted and pushed hard for Summerslam since around... I don't recall exactly, maybe REmake, but it has become useful. Very useful. It will continue to be useful in this RE2 Remake and it shouldn't. The knife has not earned itself to being anything more than a gimmick weapon and a joke you give to a big block of tofu. First off, the knife is bullshit. Zombies don't care about being stabbed, every other monster is a monster and laughs it off, the only possible use it can have is cutting through tape which Leon can probably do with his own fingers if he really wanted to.

Now many of you may disagree and think I have suffered brain damage, but I want the knife to go back to truly dogshit status. If the knife is in your hand, you are walking into a You Died screen. Bring back the jobber knife.
have you even see the knife-only no damage RE2 runs on youtube? they just walk past most enemies or take advantage of the enemy attack patterns and avoid everything. you really could just learn all the map/enemy placement and just not get hit. even the bosses look pretty easy with knife-only. this is the era of dark-souls, people learned to take advantage of 3d enemy attack patterns, you don't even need to kill most of the dudes in these games

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
OK, while we are bitching about fixed vs. over the shoulder camera, real men already went beyond that.

Let me present you the isometric Resident Evil remake for the Sega MegaDrive / Genesis:

Generic-Giant-Spider

OK, while we are bitching about fixed vs. over the shoulder camera, real men already went beyond that.

Let me present you the isometric Resident Evil remake for the Sega MegaDrive / Genesis:

This reminds me of that canceled Game Boy Colour port of RE1.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Ink Ribbons should be the only way to save your game period.

Developers too afraid of not meeting the masses expectation that their game plays exactly the same as every other game out there. (third person aiming, ammo counters, and now autosaves). Don't want to inconvenience them too much away from the norm.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
They should allow to choose the way of saving just before choosing the game's difficulty. Like they did with the controls in REmake HD and RE Zero HD. One option will be the way is intended to play the game, but the casuls would have the other option too.

RE7 has no autosaves (but tapes), if I remember correctly.

RE7 had unlimited tapes and checkpoints in the normal and easy difficulty. The hard one had limited tapes and no checkpoints at all.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Ink Ribbons should be the only way to save your game period.

Developers too afraid of not meeting the masses expectation that their game plays exactly the same as every other game out there. (third person aiming, ammo counters, and now autosaves). Don't want to inconvenience them too much away from the norm.

All a developer has to do for any controversial design decision is to somehow relate it to Dark Souls. It'll work. If you do it on its own, yeah you'll open the floodgates of sissy boys flailing their noodle arms in uproar. Say something like, "Taking inspiration from Dark Souls..." and suddenly everyone is okay with it. That's how it's supposed to be. Dark Souls is the only way they'll understand and support what you're doing.

Why have ink ribbons across all difficulties? Dark Souls. Why have a fixed camera mode? Dark Souls. Why have enemies capable of instant killing moves? Dark Souls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom