Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Viata

Arcane
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...january-25th-2019.122418/page-25#post-5968476
Tp7PWSD.png

MX8Xitq.png

ALhTceA.png
gGaTDCs.png

qY2hYc4.jpg

7ZAbjEm.png

LWL2VLx.jpg

aDJyxqb.jpg
D56WpLm.jpg

nbyHjX4.png
0kGdrtb.png
tYZSCVq.png

NKCOh9O.png
3Qjwse2.png

LfWMDWQ.png

IBrhFGw.png

WQ8htMI.png

GuZieZg.png

Z630IRf.jpg

jIP2b3O.jpg

dLJGWna.png

XiBnyik.png

Viata

Arcane
lcDUUR8.png

I finally got the time to replay this game, which I wanted for a long time. So, this is a game about your character(Boku) spending his summer vacation(The title of the game can be both My summer vacation or Boku's summer vacation, Boku is I in Japanese) at his uncle's house in Japan's countryside, which is 31 days of August 1975. You can fish, catch bugs and pit them against each other, water plants, fly kites and some more things while exploring the place. It's pretty much an idealized Japanese summer vacation in a rural town. The game is mostly about the fun of childhood in a rural town instead of plot(as if there is any) or anything like that. It's a kid's game, after all. So far I just played one day(one evening, in fact). I think this game is the definition of "comfy game", btw.
This is Boku. His father is taking him to his uncle's house.
cd6FI1E.png

Here is the whole family eating. Boku, Boku's uncle, his wife and their two daughters. This is the last meal of the day, btw. You can also get some barley tea or milk from the fridge here, if your character is thirsty.
LrCHht0.jpg

The little girl is watching TV there, while the father is reading the news and the mother is there to keep him company(like any good wife out there).
BmGatVa.jpg

This is a gift from his uncle. The content, sadly, is not what the cover shows. It's a kit for bug capturing(it even include medicine for them, I forgot the take an ss, I'll do it later). Btw, the cover of the box says "Heroes of the sky". Pretty cool.
oqSL5d3.jpg

This is outside the house. Sadly I couldn't go farther because it's already night.
doOnOae.jpg

Here is what Boku wrote in his diary before going to sleep. His mother is having another baby, he is now living with his uncle and wonder if there are a lot of fun things there.
ba9y1SG.jpg
The game really begins on the second day, as the first one is just meeting everyone, eating and receiving a gift.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Max Payne with Kung Fu mod. The new moves sometimes gave an interesting results, although "stunning" enemies made it too easy for me at the end. Still great game, it was nice finishing it during the winter while cleaning New York from the criminal scum.

20181222112830_137kqz.jpg

20181222115947_1cyk5b.jpg

20181222120218_1zaj9v.jpg

20181222131140_1kikgj.jpg

20181222144121_1w9jd7.jpg

20181222144138_13lkur.jpg

20181222145607_1vykce.jpg

20181222150627_1xpjfk.jpg

20181222150902_1pfkhe.jpg

20181222181216_1q2k68.jpg

20181222185953_1g2jh6.jpg

20181222200726_1pkj85.jpg

20181222214722_1j3ky5.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Chiaroscuro in BLAM,
AKA Main Belt Destruction Extraction with my "Basilisk" class destroyer as seen from afar:
7FEA7D3C3F859F0F85D0F9EFD35BF5624EC57DC4

...Because nothing says "disarm and immobilize a space battleship WITHOUT killing everyone on board" like spamming it with dozens of cannon launched nukes.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Do you play anything than CoaDE these days, DraQ
I did replay Ori recently, 've been playing some Guncaster, and I am meaning to:
  • Restart DOS2 (at classic, because it seems that it might be the more sensible way to play it)
  • Restart Skyrim with nu-Requiem
  • Finally play through Witcher 3
  • go through my backlog and reply some more stuff
It's just that things like work take quite a bit of my time, and CoaDE doesn't require much context to sit down and implement a cool idea you just had (it's like build restartitis, but without an RPG) - but it tends to eat time with remarkable efficiency.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Combat in enclave feels a bit, i dunno, too floaty? Sometimes i feel like i got the hang of it and can easily deal with heavily armored orcs, sometimes they give me trouble - this sort of stuff.
It's very annoying when you die on the level before reaching the checkpoint. Once you reach one the only penalty you're going to get for the death is a -10 gold. All levels are replayable.
You don't have skill points or anything like that, but you can buy your character's equipment. So you do have some interesting choices and trade offs to make.

All melee characters can use the crossbow, but it's only effective if you can aim at the head. Bows are easier to one-shot kill with, but they're not as fast to shoot and only the huntress can use those.
Spellcasters are walking cannons with only two spells depending on the chosen staff, though i can't notice the difference between the druidess and the wizard.
Halfling is a small and faster version of the default knight, my go-to character. The gnome engineer is a slow halfling, but is the only one who can equip bombs and molotovs.
Poison dagger is amazing.
Levels look pretty cool and varied so far, especially that underwater facility one.
Yet to tackle the dark side campaign.
HOexcvm.png
urVIUCB.png

LJgFjsE.png
AZzTtCq.png
yB6s0Q5.png
4CaHuVl.png
S5n2yAJ.png
LyHexLk.png
0ugBSlD.png
c4l0k9R.png

^I didn't expect the Kaiju fight to be honest
UX0MQXg.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom