Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prelude to Darkness quick question

Martyr

Arcane
I've ignored the righteous path of the Watcher and instead decided to side with the Rebellion.
in Land's End Genwen instructed my party of anti-heroes to destroy the Temple by throwing an explosive powder into the flame on the altar.
how the fuck do you do that??
I've tried using the powder, dropping it, dropping and using it - nothing happens.
Genwen also said that the priestess shouldn't be nearby, but she literally never sleeps, you can't kill her and there are no dialogue options.

Martyr

Arcane
sarisely, still no asnewr?!
where are the monocled gentlemen, ladies and trannies who have played this game???

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For the priestess, I remember that you can put something in the food to make her sleep. There are some sisters in town who can tell you about the plant you need.

There is also a playthrough on the subforum and I think they also tried to do as many of the Rebellion quests without ending by siding with them.

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
For the priestess, I remember that you can put something in the food to make her sleep. There are some sisters in town who can tell you about the plant you need.

There is also a playthrough on the subforum and I think they also tried to do as many of the Rebellion quests without ending by siding with them.
her food?? huh. alrighty then, let's see if this works out.
thanks!

edit: okay, I bought "Banderwillow" from Fowyr . this seems to be the plant that you were talking about. now back to Kalliope.

can't find any objects in Kalliope's house which you can interact with. still no dialogue options other than "have you come to worship? -yes -no", dropping, using, dropping & using does nothing.

Last edited:

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did you talk at the inn with the guy who sends you to bring food to the priestess? He should give you some food which you can then "poison". I don't remember if the plant needs to be processed before adding it to the food. I think the dialogue with the sisters should have indicated if it's required.

Martyr

Arcane
Did you talk at the inn with the guy who sends you to bring food to the priestess? He should give you some food which you can then "poison". I don't remember if the plant needs to be processed before adding it to the food. I think the dialogue with the sisters should have indicated if it's required.
oho, that's helpful ! now let's see ...

edit: that was the solution! Kalliope is dead, the Temple is destroyed.
thanks again!

if I'll ever encounter more problems during my playthrough, I will post in this thread.

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
How'd you get it so the game doesn't crash every 10 minutes?
I didn't have massive issues with crashes like others have reported either (fortunately). There is one area in the game which is a major obstacle though; at one point in the game you can help out an alchemist/wizard dude and he will send you to another area where your thaumaturge will acquire the golem skill. However, in order to escape this area you have to be very very careful with the camera.

Martyr

Arcane
did I just get
punished by a goddess
because I
killed a druid for the rebellion
???
what a remarkable game. really outstanding.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
You can increase the framerate of the game by pressing A or S (not sure which one). This will make combat/traveling faster. For me 40 FPS was the sweet spot. I tried with 60 but got frequent crashes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom