Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire Version 2 is actually out

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why is that retarded little fuck Zepo Zep still posting here? He claimed the game was a scam and was never coming out, then that it was a buggy mess that would never get patched, then that because it had no manual it was even worse...
One by one ALL of his stupid comments and jealousy fueled angst have been proven wrong yet he still hangs around Grimoire threads throwing his bullshit to anything and everyone
I have to agree that the moderators of this forum should give Mr Blakemore the authority to ban idiots like him from posting in Grimoire threads, its one thing to have some fun a a little trolling just to spice things up... hell Mr Blakemore engages in enough of that himself but plain old hateful comments are not only boring but are like white noise after a while

Bohr

Arcane
It's a little known fact that Zep unfortunately grew tired of Grimoire and Cleve's threads and moved on with his life :(

I don't even care about your shitty game anymore...but you continue to drag my name into it.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
It's pretty easy to trigger Cleve.

One or two sentences, or a shit rating.

Then you clowns get to read his 4 paragraph rants and all circle jerk with each other.

You should be thanking me.

Zep--

Tigranes

Arcane
It's a little known fact that Zep unfortunately grew tired of Grimoire and Cleve's threads and moved on with his life :(

I don't even care about your shitty game anymore...but you continue to drag my name into it.

Zep--

Really? But he keeps talking, again and again and again. His heart isn't even in it, it's all low-effort going through the motions, like a guy who's been pissing on the stairs to the restaurant for years and just is on autopilot by now.

Jazz_

Arcane
Is there any kind of noob guide for this game? It's literally the first blobber that's turn based I'm ever going to play. Might as well play the best, right?

I'm in the same boat to be honest. Never played an old-school blobber. I just got Inclinoire and I'm getting my ass whopped left and right. The spells of the magic classes are always resisted and even the weapons don't penetrate shit most of the time, in fact I have discovered that if I remove the starting weapons I increase the chance of hitting with my warrior, berseker and ranger; of course that's not what you want to do long term because weapon skills improve with use. Anyway, I was close to defeat the moustached rude chaps in Aquavia but then the asshole whistled and more appeared, so I'm still working on that, the plan is to grind a few lowly mobs and level up before facing them again. The most important thing is that I'm having fun, the game oozes charm from every pixel.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
in fact I have discovered that if I remove the starting weapons I increase the chance of hitting with my warrior, berseker and ranger

Then you're ahead of 99% of the people who start playing Grimoire. It's not Pillars of Eternity and you can have really shitty party builds and awesome party builds.

In case you haven't seen it: http://grimoire.wiki

Jazz_

Arcane
Then you're ahead of 99% of the people who start playing Grimoire. It's not Pillars of Eternity and you can have really shitty party builds and awesome party builds.

In case you haven't seen it: http://grimoire.wiki

Is it normal to get pretty much all my spells resisted at the beginning? or was it my fault for not distribuiting points accurately at the beginning with my magic classes? maybe I'm missing something, what's the skill that influences your chance to hit with spells? Also, does the chance to hit change depending on the level of the spell (represented by those dices) I choose to cast?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
maybe I'm missing something, what's the skill that influences your chance to hit with spells?

Depending on the magic school that class uses, the name of the magic skill can be different. It's always among the mental skills and should be highlighted in pink:

• Alchemistry The magical study of the four elements of fire, air, water and earth.
(06:Assassin,Berserker,Metalsmith,Ranger,Thaumaturge,Thief)

• Litany The holy study of divine prayers that lead to power and favour with the gods.
(02:Cleric,Templar)

• Necromancy Communication with the spirits of the dead and demons to acquire occult secrets.
(01:Necromancer)

• Sorcery The magical art of memorizing and casting spells.
(06:Bard,Jester,Pirate,Sage,Warrior,Wizard)

• Arcanum The study of the most powerful, dangerous and arcane magic secrets and spells.
(06:Bard,Cleric,Necromancer,Sage,Thaumaturge,Wizard)

http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Skills#Mental_skills_.2815.29

The amount of points in that skill, the power level of the spell and the attributes/resistances of the monster determine whether you hit with a spell.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Brand new spell casters are pretty terrible, but you notice a difference as they level up. As mentioned above the characters primary casting skill is highlighted in pink so just make sure to pump points into that.

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
d09s333.jpg

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
so there's no excuse not to get it now

Except it's only available for "sale" from reptilians.

I'll buy it full price from GOG if it ever comes there, not giving a cent to Steam.

Gog is owned by polish decline enablers.....
Steam is owned by Israeli decline enablers.

Gaben is jewish? CD project red has witcher easily the worst AAA rpg of all times. Sapkowski writer is also plagiarist

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Version 2.0.0.10 Up, Manual SOON!
JANUARY 6 - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
Have put an updated build on Steam that fixes a possible glitch in inventory management and a couple changes to configuration to protect users from screwing up their own configuration file so badly they have to delete it to get the default.

You should not be able to set a screen mode or scaling in configuration unless fullscreen mode is first set to ON. Otherwise both these values will remain at defaults for a windowed mode. I suspect this might solve some problems where users toy with their configuration file and set something like a windowed mode with scaling and a different screen resolution on.

Working on the manual every day, should be out by this Friday. Almost all Grimoire milestones are due next Friday and this one is no different. The manual is bound to come out by next Friday.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Can you change the main screen background image, or does it load up a different one randomly? (Didnt see the cool new ones, yet)

This game will never, ever be offered anywhere for $12.95 before the year 2025. That's a promise.

I am considering an opening discount. It is highly recommended by Steam. After that, it will go to full price and stay there for the next 8 years.

+M

He was calculating in neanderthal years, which is different :roll:obviously:roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom