Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
It's like phrase; "can I speak with your manager" was invented for situations like this.
From the comments
Aquamanisokay 51 points 6 hours ago

Something similar happened to me. I only used Origin for the Sims. I bought every single one from Sims 1-3. One day, two of my expansions for Sims 3 stopped working, and because they have to be installed in a certain way, my games went hay wire. Went onto customer service, they basically told me 'Nah' the few times I tried to resolve it and get my games back. Twice, I asked for the supervisor, they both put me on hold FOREVER and when they came back, they both told me the supervisor was unavailable. It was obvious no one wanted to deal with this and just wanted to get me off their back as soon as they could. This issue went on for so long, that I just said I would give up. This was a few years and I haven't logged into my account since then and I've made it a point not to buy EA anymore, on PC and console. Loyalty for years and they laugh in your face then. They're just money grabbing pricks.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I suppose it could be a major problem down the road for preservation's sake when digital inevitably dies or changes too much so you need physical copies, but PC never really had a re-sales problem. How much do you even get for console game re-sales that everyone always makes a big deal out of it, anyway? It also generally seems to be in-store credit.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Zionmax!

0LZpD4O.png

mwnn85

Savant
There's still enough stuff getting released to not warrant giving these sh*tstains a single penny.
$10k on micro transactions for FIFA? You'd have to be insane and/or addicted.

They were decent once - lots of picks on that list up to 2005 or so, from all kinds of genres.
I'm pretty sure the last game I bought would've been Battlefield 2.
The quality takes a complete nose dive not long after. Mostly annual sport (re)releases and licensed games.
Dungeon Keeper mobile was a farce as is most of the garbage they churn out.

Instant avoid now along with Zenimax, Paradox, etc.
Few of the old dev/publishers left and of the ones still going there's really only Nintendo, 1C and a few others that knock out remotely interesting.

Dexter

Arcane
The Swedecuck has left the building: https://www.ea.com/en-ca/news/an-update-on-our-creative-leadership
An Update on Our Creative Leadership
Patrick Söderlund is moving on from EA.
The note below was shared today with EA employees by our CEO Andrew Wilson.

-------

Team,

Today we are announcing that Patrick Söderlund has made the decision to move on from EA. After nearly two decades as a pioneer for our company and industry, he will begin a new chapter later this year.

Patrick has been a trusted business partner and a great friend, and his inspiring leadership has had an outstanding impact on EA. As an integral part of the management team for many years – including as head of Worldwide Studios and, most recently, Chief Design Officer – he’s been an agent of change and transformation. From his early vision for Frostbite, which has now become a cornerstone for our technology strategy, to being a champion for Players First experiences, Patrick has always ensured we put creative at the center of everything we do. He has also been unwavering in his commitment to building our pipeline of amazing new games to come, and his fingerprints will be on the experiences that we bring to players well into the future.

We wish Patrick the very best in his next life adventure, and we thank him for his many significant contributions.

As Patrick transitions over the next three months, it’s important that we recognize how deep creativity runs through EA. It’s our core DNA, and both Patrick and I agree that we have never had a stronger set of leaders across the company. Our studios led by Laura Miele, marketing and publishing teams led by Chris Bruzzo, the technology organization led by Ken Moss and our growth teams led by Matt Bilbey, will all continue to disrupt the industry and pioneer for our players. We’re going to lean into the talent and expertise that all of our teams bring, and collectively own creative at Electronic Arts as a central element of our strategy going forward.

A few teams will move within our organization with this change. The SEED team led by Johan Andersson will join our studios group to continue driving advanced design and innovation at the leading edge of games. We’re deepening our focus on user experience, and welcoming Jason Wozencroft to our studios to lead a strong, unified UX approach for our games and services. And with new games and content playing a vital role in our networked future, the EA Originals and EA Partners teams led by Rob Letts will join our Strategic Growth group.

We’re now accelerating into a year where we are delivering some of the most impressive games our studios have ever created, with even more amazing projects in the pipeline. We’re pushing forward to offer access to more great games and content through our industry-leading subscription services. Our competitive gaming program is coming off one record-setting season and heading straight into the next with even higher aspirations. As a company, our culture of creativity and pioneering for our players is powering every step we take.

Thanks again to Patrick – he will always be a part of our EA family. And thank you all for leading us forward.

Andrew

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
EA can't catch a break from bad shit. Some retard lost a game at madden tournament and decided that the best thing to do is go and shoot people at the tournament.

Here is a metokur reporting,at least it is a tad bit funnier than journos retardation.

Black

Arcane
You can't really build a lasting business model with a handfull of overrated gambling games.
That's true, if your customer base consists of creatures capable of critical thinking.
But this is video games.
Oh look.
https://twinfinite.net/2019/01/fifa-19-europes-best-selling-game-2018/
FIFA 19 outsold every other title across Europe in 2018, with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 trailing behind.
Forget shitty companies, we need to start killing consumers.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You can't really build a lasting business model with a handfull of overrated gambling games.
That's true, if your customer base consists of creatures capable of critical thinking.
But this is video games.
Oh look.
https://twinfinite.net/2019/01/fifa-19-europes-best-selling-game-2018/
FIFA 19 outsold every other title across Europe in 2018, with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 trailing behind.
Forget shitty companies, we need to start killing consumers.
IT'S TIME
iu

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom