Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But you sacrifice some of his offensive powers (d8 sneak attack) and high level rogue abilities (which are pretty awesome) for that.
No. You keep the d8 sneak attack and newly gained sneak dice from vivi will also be d8 as long as you keep on using small blades like dagger, kukri etc, and the gains from vivi spellcasting and mutagen, mummification etc outweigh those of continuing as knifemaster.

Also I think once he's level 10 in KM, he should be able to take the advanced Rogue feats on Vivi discovery levels. They share a fair amount of feats anyway (such as Crippling Strike).
But Opportunist and Double Debilitation would be kinda nice too.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
That's also very true, however. Not to mention his crit range with improved critical while using keen kukris means he should still be fairly reliably hitting shit even with impossibly inflated AC since rolling a crit counts as a hit even if you whiff the confirmation, IIRC.

That's actually not correct.
Only a natural roll of "20" is an auto-hit. Having a crit range of 15-20 is meaningless if you can only hit on 20.

Funposter

Arcane
Especially the haste part, since I've got that on both my PC and Reg so I can get a large number of casts per rest

Yeah, that's a big part of it. You can also stack it on Octavia and Jubilost and you don't even need to waste a level up learning it since Haste scrolls are common enough. Pretty much every party should have one or two casters that can Haste just based on using the companions that aren't awful.

ArchAngel

Arcane
But you sacrifice some of his offensive powers (d8 sneak attack) and high level rogue abilities (which are pretty awesome) for that.
No. You keep the d8 sneak attack and newly gained sneak dice from vivi will also be d8 as long as you keep on using small blades like dagger, kukri etc, and the gains from vivi spellcasting and mutagen, mummification etc outweigh those of continuing as knifemaster.

Also I think once he's level 10 in KM, he should be able to take the advanced Rogue feats on Vivi discovery levels. They share a fair amount of feats anyway (such as Crippling Strike).
Well if taking levels in Vivi keeps giving d8 sneak and access to Opportunist and Double Debilitation then Vivi is a superior choice. But that all sounds like badly integrated multiclassing because Vivi should not give access to Knife Master abilities like d8 sneak attack. Sneak attack should be a combination of d8s and d6s.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fuck Ekun, Linzi is a much better Archer. Bard 7/Eldritch Knight 10 is all you need. You get better attack than Ekun (small+good hope+bard song), better damage (arcane strike+good hope+bard song), can buff, heal. You invalidate a whole line of feats with just casting Blindsight lvl 4 spell that lasts for 10 min/level which is actually forever. You got better defenses with access to stuff like Mirror Image and you can fuck up enemies with access to Grease and similar spells. All you will lose is the 4th weakest attack that never hits anyone anyways.
Ekun depends on others buffing him to make him good, Linzi does both buffing and killing.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Damn, thanks for reminding me, I need Arcane Strike on Linzi and Jaethal.... And maybe Harrim and even Regognar (not that I use him) too.

Knocked that encounter on the head, next floor of the dungeon has immediately turned in to "Cast death shield on Valerie and send her forward by herself". A smart man would've gone to a shop to stock up on things like scrolls of death shield (If available). Unfortunately I am not a smart man. I am pretty well stocked on rations though and only decided to rest after getting a few rooms into floor 2 so things should be fine. Memorized a break enchantment after what I heard from the ghost (And looking at the murals and shit) since that sounds like it might be useful too.

That's actually not correct.
Only a natural roll of "20" is an auto-hit. Having a crit range of 15-20 is meaningless if you can only hit on 20.
Well shit! Suppose taking improved crit was a bit of a waste then. I already thought it was a smidge questionable since crits don't impact sneak attack damage but I thought it'd make him hit more reliably, oh well.

Edit: Fuck, death ward. Should stop playing in the wee hours of the night.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Well if taking levels in Vivi keeps giving d8 sneak and access to Opportunist and Double Debilitation then Vivi is a superior choice. But that all sounds like badly integrated multiclassing because Vivi should not give access to Knife Master abilities like d8 sneak attack. Sneak attack should be a combination of d8s and d6s.

I think that's the correct behavior in this case. The description says nothing about the feat effect being limited to sneak attack dice coming from the Knife Master classs. Seems like even a KM 1 / Vivi rest should get d8 on all sneak attack dice with knife-type weapons:
Sneak Stab (Ex)
A knife master focuses her ability to deal sneak attack damage with daggers and similar weapons to such a degree that she can deal more sneak attack damage with those weapons at the expense of sneak attackswith other weapons. When she makes a sneak attack with a dagger, kerambit, kukri, punching daggers, starknife, or swordbreaker dagger, she uses d8s to roll sneak attack damage instead of d6s. For sneak attacks with all other weapons, she uses d4s instead of d6s.

This ability is identical in all other ways to sneak attack, and supplements that ability.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Damn, thanks for reminding me, I need Arcane Strike on Linzi and Jaethal.... And maybe Harrim and even Regognar (not that I use him) too.
It does not work with divine casters...

Damn. Oh well, wasn't really using Jaethal anyway. But good point about Linzi, that will bring their damage output a little closer and I wanted to use her more. Not that I plan to turn her into an EK, would be nice to continue to progress song bonuses.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fuck Ekun, Linzi is a much better Archer. Bard 7/Eldritch Knight 10 is all you need.
At that level she already got offed in my game. :lol:

Has anyone tried Ekun as a sacred huntsmaster?

You mean giving him 3 levels for the pet teamwork feats, respec him, or just going multi when you recruit?

In the first case, I did try on a main char ranger, and really felt it wasn't worth it, especially since on 1.1.x, divine casters levels don't stack for spell durations/power, and pets lategame are not good as they were in the beginning (from chap VI onwards).

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Ok, I'm sure this was already discussed/answered multiple times, but how does the exp sharing toggle work exactly? It only gives extra exp if you have less than 6 chars in the party? Do I understand the tooltip correctly?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I'm sure this was already discussed/answered multiple times, but how does the exp sharing toggle work exactly? It only gives extra exp if you have less than 6 chars in the party? Do I understand the tooltip correctly?
You kill Dragon, dragon gives 600 XP.
XP sharing ON: Everyone in the party gets 600/6=100 xp even if you have less than 6 in party. Everyone outside the party also gets 600/6= 100 xp.

XP sharing OFF: Everyone in the party gets 600/X, X = current number of party members. Outside of party they always get 0 xp.

hell bovine

Arcane
Fuck Ekun, Linzi is a much better Archer. Bard 7/Eldritch Knight 10 is all you need.

You mean giving him 3 levels for the pet teamwork feats, respec him, or just going multi when you recruit?

In the first case, I did try on a main char ranger, and really felt it wasn't worth it, especially since on 1.1.x, divine casters levels don't stack for spell durations/power, and pets lategame are not good as they were in the beginning (from chap VI onwards).
Full sacred huntsmaster likely.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Full sacred huntsmaster likely.

Just get a mercenary then, why respeccing to a class that doesn't fit the companion backstory?

hell bovine

Arcane
Because not every playthrough has to be serious business. Already did one, next one might as well be an evil troll who ruins every companions life, and sacred hunstmaster kind of fits if you go the evil route. (except Nok-Nok, can't do any harm to the little guy...)

It's not like a three level dip makes much sense either, from an rp standpoint.

ArchAngel

Arcane
New beta patch.. with some serious updates now:
Here are some updates for the 1.2 beta. This time we have been able to significantly decrease loading times - so be sure to tell us whether you've notieced a change over here:

Please note that a few of these notes are in rough shape - they'll go through another phase of editing before the release of Patch 1.2.

• System: Loading times have been significantly reduced.

• New setting: you can now choose to significantly increase loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.

• New feature: you can now enable camera following. Just double-click a character's portrait or hit F to enable it, and disable it by manually controlling the camera (WASD, arrow keys or pressing on the mouse wheel). Camera-following is also automatically disabled on battle start.
  • New feature: to save yourself a loading screen, you can now hover your mouse cursor over the table in the throne room, and you'll see an exclamation mark if anything new has happened in kingdom management while you were gone.

• If one of multiple NPCs taking part in a dialogue didn't have a portrait, an incorrect portrait could be displayed. Resolution: fixed.
  • The 5th rank-up event for the Community stat could get stuck. Resolution: fixed.
  • Clicking on the weapon slots located under the character's model in the inventory could increase the weight of items currently carried by that character. Resolution: fixed.
  • After upgrading the capital to stone buildings, some of the rooms in houses surrounding the main square could become inaccessible. Resolution: fixed.
  • On lower difficulties, an encounter with Soul eaters in Vordakai's Tomb could get stuck if the player character died. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Rage ability of Korgath's Shackled Fury had neither a name nor a description. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, you can always access an animal companion's info - just open its master's inventory or character sheet and look to the right. Useful when you cannot select your pet due to mind-affecting spells, for example.
  • Decreased the difficulty of fighting the Wild Hunt: thier special abilities have been nerfed on Normal and lower difficulty levels.
  • Improved lighting in one of the houses at the "Outskirts Village" area.
  • Improved daytime lighting at the "Attacked Trader" area.
  • Improved nighttime lighting in the unupgraded capital (the torches were too bright).
  • Items brought by kingdom artisans could come in an unidentified state. Resolution: instructed the artisans to speak slowly and use short words when explaining to the ruler what their creations do.
  • Kanerah could suddenly vanish during rank-up events when acting as a Treasurer. Resolution: gave her pills that help with STT (spontaneous tiefling teleportation).
  • The Soot-Blackened Brand, an item that is of interest to the Storyteller, was too hard to find: it was hidden in a locked gnome chest that would only appear at the "Ford across the Skunk River" area while the "Troll Trouble" quest was active. From now on, you can simply pick it up from a container in the same area.
  • It was impossible to finish the throne room event "A Mysterious Letter has Arrived at the Castle" (a letter from Linxia that comes during the "Deal With the Devil" quest). Resolution: fixed.
  • Three magical tree stumps could suddenly start moving with the wind at the "Abandoned Hut" area. Resolution: nailed the stumps to the ground.
  • At the "Other World" area, summoned creatures could trigger the teleport seuqence when they entered the blue mist, trapping some players in that area. Resolution: fixed.
  • Animal pelts could disappear when transferred into a chest. Resolution: fixed.
  • In rare cases, if the "Pitaxian crowd" event was started in early versions of the game, some of the previously implemented fixes didn't work. Resolution: fixed.
  • If a dialog started while the local map window was open, the dialog window would overlap with the party interface. Resolution: fixed.
  • A few items that the Storyteller asked you to collect were missing from the game. Resolution: you can now find the Charred Screwdriver with the Technic League's Brand at the "Dappled Quagmire" area, and the Tree Crest Inkwell at the "Carnival Glade" area in the portal to the First World.
  • Tanglefoot bombs' entanglement effect could last too long. From now on, they can only entangle targets for up to 1 minute.
  • You can now only enter Tuskgutter's Lair if you have Amiri in the group.
  • A weapon slot in Amiri's interface could remain locked after finishing her companion quests. Resolution: fixed.
  • Even after Jaethal would come to life, she could regain some of her Undead feats with time. Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases during Ekun's "Bury the Past" quest, some of the enemy giants would not join the fight on their own, which made it impossible to talk to Ekun afterwards. Resolution: fixed. Those players who have already been affected by this bug (they see Ekun standing on his knees and cannot talk to him) need to kill the giants located one screen to the right.
  • In rare cases, Dragn could start coming to the throne room endlessly instead of giving the masterpiece. Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases, players could get stuck in the capital tavern during romance with Octavia. Resolution: fixed.
  • The event connected to Jubilost's article could happen even after Jhod is not available anymore to present it. Resolution - dixed, the event will not trigger in this case.
  • In some cases, the game incorrectly interpreted the player's decisions taken after fighting
  • Hargulka and Tartuk at the "Troll Lair" area. Resolution: fixed.
  • At the "Old Sycamore" area, the sleeping bandits' characteristics did not properly reflect the fact that they're sleeping. Resolution: fixed.
  • It was possible to accidentally fail Valerie's romance before it even begins. Resolution: fixed.
  • Several events were incorrectly marked as opportunities. Resolution: fixed.
  • Executing Edrist Hanvaki could block further playthrough if Auto Kingdom Management was turned on (this would stop game time from moving forward). Resolution: fixed.
  • Mim Wobblegander no longer gets stuck on her way to Talon Peak. Resolution: fixed. For players with saved games where she is already stuck, she will be waiting for them on the top of the mountain now.
  • Tirval kept coming if the player decided not to help her. Resolution: fixed.
  • The time limit to solve the main quest in the last chapter was a bit too strict. Resolution: the time limit was increased
  • Powerful area effect abilities and spells cast by the enemy had their DCs lowered on lower difficulties.
  • The big ramp in the middle of the "Troll Lair" area now takes the player to the second floor instead of outside.
  • Kingdom alignment wouldn't change to reflect the player's current alignment during the "Renown Across Golarion" event. Resolution: fixed. From now on, the alignment will change as it should and the capital will reflect those changes.
  • In Chapter 7, Maegar Varn could die before his final dialog. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players could permanently lose access to Nok-Nok if they have seen a certain statue before they were supposed to. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the north-west of the "Silverstep Lake Village" area, you can summon a wyvern. The way to summon it has been made more logical and consistent.
  • From now on, the "Saving Grace" quest will start no matter what the status of the "Hour of Rage" quest is.
  • During Nok-Nok's companion quest, the player could gain "Hero" and "Jester" points by maing certain decisions and picking certain dialogue options. Gathering a high enough number of these points was the only way to open the relevant story paths for Nok-Nok during the quest arc's finale (and thus save him at the House of the Edge of Time later on). However, it was unclear how to gain said points, which lead to most players getting stuck with the quest arc's "bad ending" and Nok-Nok dying, even if they completed his quests in an otherwise appropriate manner. Resolution: we are streamlining this mechanic. The players will now always be able to select either the "Hero" or the "Jester" path for Nok-Nok during the quest arc's finale. Which path is open to them depends on what type of points they acquired more of.
  • Some of the Ancient Curse events happened too late. Resolution: these events were moved to an earlier date (warnings still show up 2 weeks in advance).
    In the Ancient Curse quests, counters showing time remaining until the end of the Curse didn't show . Resolution: fixed.
  • If Stefano Mosconi is alive during the "War of the River Kings" quest, he will now correctly appear in the Throne Room to "invite" the player to Pitax.
  • Two region upgrades didn't count into the region upgrade counter. Resolution: Fixed.
    In the class progression screen (seen on the Character sheet and during level-up), feats that allow selecting from different options (i.e., Weapon Focus, Spell Specialization and others) will now show the selected option.
  • During the Season of Bloom, the peasants that form the angry mob in front of your castle could make mistakes about the fate of a certain Lamashtu's priestess (located at the "Secluded Lodge" area) and some bandits ("Bridge over the Gudrin River"). Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases, opening the Inventory or Character Sheet windows could open them for the wrong character. Resolution: fixed.
  • The custom formation desription was changed from "NULL" to something more suitable. Unfortunately, that only affects newly created characters.
  • Buffs and debuffs applied by Tsanna during Chapter 7 should now display properly.
  • Buffs and debuffs applied by the Lantern King should now display properly.
  • Improved the appearance of the "Ancient Tomb" area.
  • Defender of the True World ability Beguiling Immunity did not work. Resolution: fixed.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Buffs and debuffs applied by Tsanna during Chapter 7 should now display properly

Finally I'll know if sacrificing Evindra was worth it.

Even after Jaethal would come to life, she could regain some of her Undead feats with time. Resolution: fixed.

:(

She becomes shit; the heals you get from Pharasma don't offset it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Do we have any info on the 1.2 ETA?
kotarsis
comment_modindicator_officer.png
38 minutes ago

We hope to launch the actual Patch 1.2 in a week from now.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
First time I regret for not buying game in Steam instead of GOG, can't get the beta branch in GOG.

:mob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom