Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Best part of Sweden's trailer is their religion.

Looks like a man. Not that I would expect anything less of Nu-Civ.

You don't know anything about Queen Crissy, do you?

800px-David_Beck_-_Christina%2C_Queen_of_Sweden_1644-1654_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

It looks fuckable enough for a princess....swedish princess. Far better than the game abomination.

Beastro

Arcane

Best part of Sweden's trailer is their religion.

Looks like a man. Not that I would expect anything less of Nu-Civ.

You don't know anything about Queen Crissy, do you?

800px-David_Beck_-_Christina%2C_Queen_of_Sweden_1644-1654_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

It looks fuckable enough for a princess....swedish princess. Far better than the game abomination.

When the baby was born, it was first thought to be a boy as it was "hairy" and screamed "with a strong, hoarse voice."[15] She later wrote in her autobiography that, "Deep embarrassment spread among the women when they discovered their mistake." The king, though, was very happy, stating, "She'll be clever, she has made fools of us all!"

According to Christina's autobiography, the midwives at her birth first believed her to be a boy because she was "completely hairy and had a coarse and strong voice". Such ambiguity did not end with her birth; Christina made cryptic statements about her "constitution" and body throughout her life.

:M

I'm finding the leader fetish thing cropping up more and more in Civ creepy. Originally they were just a face to put to a civilization, but what's the point of adding traits to the leaders specifically if you're not going to allow for a choice of several for each Civ to allow for different play styles (I dropped the series after III, and at a glance I assume that's what leaders served in CivIV).

By Civ 5 and especially in Civ 6 Firaxis decided that the point of leaders was to market the game specifically to the people in that country. Actually serving history is irrelevant compared to hitting each notch on the marketing target list. Hence, "Canadian Civilization". Of course doing all the stupid animations and crap for the leader in the diplomatic actions takes time, so no reason to have more than 1 per Civ.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
By Civ 5 and especially in Civ 6 Firaxis decided that the point of leaders was to market the game specifically to the people in that country
Civ 1 had 'murica. They wouldn't have sold a single copy in the US without them.

But putting in nations to increase sales in a different market is not automatically a bad thing. If they had no problem justifying US presence 3500 BC, I have no problem with Brazil or Mexico being there as well.
It's insisting of finding some obscure female one for gender equality, and the misguided "mah autistic vishun" to NOT use a leader because it had been in the game before that triggers.

The Civpedia entry for the SSSssaassshwhatever womyn leader outright states something like "we know nothing about her, except she existed". :roll:

Bring back Stalin.
Kind of funny when you think about it. I doubt they put him in to increase sales in sovietland, so it was more of a "what leader does everyone recognize for country X?" thing. I wonder if they actually considered Hitler at some point... :hahano:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
They are bordering on racist caricatures now tbf. I'll admit both this and the snownigger creature are at least funny in a full retard self-parody sort of way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom