Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Gunnar

Arbiter
I stumbled upon the artsy ending while exploring. It's interesting but not a particularly satisfying ending, I'm going to keep going and see what else I can figure out. Lots of password places I can't get into. Can anyone give me a hint about where to find the name of the genie?

Nobody knows. Cleve said that the name and the codes for the wishes can be found with Mindread - the question is whose mind should be read. The Djinn is blank.

People found the name in the resource files, but not in the game itself AFAIK.

About Mindread, are there topics that get locked behind the power level it's cast at? My mindreading guy can't cast the highest levels of the spell, so I wonder if I'm missing out on secrets because of that.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You can try casting a lower level Mindread and a higher level on the same guy to see if there is a difference.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Aren't they marked on the map? Though it may be the same icon for the other crafting stations as well.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Metallurgy seems to wear off as you take hits. I noticed my +7 AC bonus was getting lowered on some pieces after many battles.

Regarding the quest with Morraha, I just can't figure out this logic: She's desperate for you to rescue the princess and the khan, but has no idea what you're talking about if you inquire about the password to the palace- yet she's carrying it on her? I have to rifle through her pockets when she isn't looking and steal a critical password she has and would want me to know about and have? Why can't Morraha just tell you what the password is if you ask her about it?

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Metallurgy seems to wear off as you take hits. I noticed my +7 AC bonus was getting lowered on some pieces after many battles.

It seems that some items are a "natural fit" for the different types of crafting/enchanting. I only found one so far: Caliburnus sword stays enchanted permanently. So I suppose a Poison dagger may stay poisoned permanently and things like that. Maybe some armor pieces also stay that way for good. Would be interesting to get a list of all such items.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Regarding the quest with Morraha, I just can't figure out this logic: She's desperate for you to rescue the princess and the khan, but has no idea what you're talking about if you inquire about the password to the palace- yet she's carrying it on her? I have to rifle through her pockets when she isn't looking and steal a critical password she has and would want me to know about and have? Why can't Morraha just tell you what the password is if you ask her about it?
The whole conversation system doesn't make a lot of sense to me, to be honest, but I just did that "quest" last night and she gave me the password. Now, because I can't into keywords and I had to look stuff up in the Crowl section, my conversational M.O. since then has been to throw some money at NPCs, cast charm, cast mindread, and then talk. With all that, she was pretty forthcoming.

Still, I'm with you on stealing critical items as a general nitpick.

I didn't think to cast Charm on her. Actually I haven't done that with any NPCs. maybe that made the difference? What does charm do in conversations? It still makes zero sense that you would have to drag this information out of her.

It seems that some items are a "natural fit" for the different types of crafting/enchanting. I only found one so far: Caliburnus sword stays enchanted permanently. So I suppose a Poison dagger may stay poisoned permanently and things like that. Maybe some armor pieces also stay that way for good. Would be interesting to get a list of all such items.

That is very interesting indeed, I'll be on the lookout for more. Actually I noticed that Forged boots don't seem to lose the bonus, but that's probably just because enemies can't target your feet.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That is very interesting indeed, I'll be on the lookout for more. Actually I noticed that Forged boots don't seem to lose the bonus, but that's probably just because enemies can't target your feet.

Tried poisoning the Poison dagger - it doesn't stay that way.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Early on I was stuck in Crowl so I had to look up how to progress, and the guide told me to charm the monk librarian in order to get the catacombs key from him. I've been casting Charm on NPCs ever since, and while I didn't do any extensive testing on it or anything, it seems like whenever you mindread an NPC and get a keyword they then don't want to talk about, charm and/or bribes make it so they change their mind. "Password" was one of those words with Morraha. Maybe talking with a high diplomacy character helps too, but I don't have one of those, so I'm not sure.

When I asked her about Password, she gave me the standard "I'm not sure we understand each other" response that you get when you type in gibberish. It would be nice to get some different feedback, maybe "I don't trust you enough to talk about that" or something similar, because "Password" did not come up on my Mindreading list for Morraha at all. And she gave me 10 topics to ask her about. My talking guy has some Diplomacy, it's not maxed, I think it's about 50. The only use for it I have seen is talking down angry people.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The Oracle in the Oracle Garden (south of Nerukzhan) also has unlimited Improved Identify.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, I wrote a bug report for it on Steam.

Another question: How do you get past the Nether Titan in Periwinkle? I have the rats and the crystals, but there is no way to use them.

Gunnar

Arbiter
Okay, I wrote a bug report for it on Steam.

Another question: How do you get past the Nether Titan in Periwinkle? I have the rats and the crystals, but there is no way to use them.

You have to click on the item and have it ready before you step on the spot where the titan attacks you.

Gunnar

Arbiter

It seems that some items are a "natural fit" for the different types of crafting/enchanting. I only found one so far: Caliburnus sword stays enchanted permanently.

I enchanted Caliburnus and the enchantment went away like normal. :negative:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That's weird. Well, I got the blade in V1 - maybe something changed since then. Though it really shouldn't be save game related, since the item data is in the game itself.

Maybe it's a bug then and not a feature?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It went away quickly on another sword I enchanted and stays up on Caliburnus forever, even after fighting demonic stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom