Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Egosphere

Arcane
A room is white and has tiles = Copying Stanley Kubrick.

People are trying to finds reasons to hate Kojima, but why?

Where did I say that I hate Kojimbo?

And it wouldn't be the first time he took elements from a western film maker. Hitchcock cropped up several times in interviews.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-carpenter-speaks-halloween-secrets-834754
In other Escape From New York news, you sued Luc Besson in French court recently for copyright infringement.
(Laughs) They didn’t give us much money.

I think it was something like an €80,000 settlement, 20,000 of which went to you? How much did you want?
I have no idea. Look, CanalPlus is the company that, with me, owns Escape From New York. They came to me and said, "Luc Besson ripped you off on Lockout." Or Lockdown, whatever the hell that was. And they sent me the movie, and yes, he did. It’s the same story. (Laughs) I mean, you can’t do that, can you? You have to change a couple things. He’s after the president’s daughter? Come on. So I took him to French court.

The great thing is, I didn’t have to do anything, really. That's the kind of the job I’ve always wanted — where you don’t have to show up, and something happens. And we won! But any great dreams of retiring wealthy were shattered because they didn’t give us as much money as CanalPlus wanted. They wanted to get Luc Besson. They didn’t like it. [CanalPlus sought €3 million in the lawsuit.]

CanalPlus has some problem with Luc Besson?
Yes! Oh, yes. He has another company. But I think they’re actually doing some business with him, too. [CanalPlus] wanted to also go after the video game Metal Gear Solid, which is kind of a rip-off of Escape From New York, too, but I told them not to do that. I know the director of those games, and he’s a nice guy, or at least he’s nice to me.
tl;dr Carpenter didn't sue Kojima because he rike.

Suicidal

Arcane
I thought this game was already released:

Deadly Standing - A survival game

You can finally try playing the great genius Kojumbo. Everyone knows Kojumbo genius. Therefore, the game is brilliant. There was a global catastrophe. The big explosion changed the familiar world and the water began to go away. All marine animals are stranded. Death spread all over the planet. There were strange dark creatures. The birth rate of children has stopped, but there is a small ray of hope in the form of a new child over the past many years.
Mankind will have to protect this child at the cost of his life. You're a former prisoner and you have to take over this baton. You have a flask with a baby and you need to protect it from dark creatures. Survive, eliminate the danger, flee, hide. Find the necessary means for protection and movement. The car will make your life much easier.
Find out if you can solve the mystery game of the genius "Deadly Standing - A Survival Game".

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
4 years in development. Only shows cutscenes, and no gameplay. Still gets praise left and right. How the fuck does he do it?

serveimage

Troy Baker for every fucking game ever.

Let's not forget about Nolan North. He also deserves a place on the podium of most tiresome vocal cords recordings.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just another overrated game "icon" trying to be an indie dev. It will fail as all the rest. A game is not made by a single goy but by a team.

Viata

Arcane
A game is not made by a single goy but by a team.
Didn't he take his team with him? I mean, KojiPro was formed a long time ago, way before he went indie, so the team was with him a long time ago.
He did the same as Platinum, they just removed themselves from Konami(Capcom in the case of Platinum), but the team was already formed inside Konami(Capcom).

Solid Snail

Learned
The only negative thing about Kojima is the fact he is so full of himself. I can't think about other developers coming with a personal assistant which daily post on Twitter photos of her chief with a "Hideo Kojima today" description. Obviosly she is paid for doing that, but it's still weird and bizzare, many Hollywood actors don't do that and a game dev does it a lot on a daily basis.

I follow his Twitter for news about Death Stranding but instead I get a fuckton of crap regarding what movies he saw, what he ate, the usual "Hideo Kojima today" pics and useless stuff like this.

Terenty

Liturgist
This Sony/Kojipro partnership is a rather unique thing in the industry, because Kojima has an "indie developer" approach towards games i.e. he tries to inject new and original ideas, only he has lots of money to pull it off.

Death Stranding, from what little information we have, seems to be some kind of a delivery simulator with survival, stealth and action elements.

Reedus carries extra pairs of boots with different soles, in some footage he is wearing an exosuit in some he doesnt, so apparently you can upgrade your equipment, he drinks water, you need to manually balance his baggage( confirmed by Kojima), he can trip, slip, fall over, the river tide can fuck you up, the boxes you carry can get damaged etc.Theres some action elements, but its not the preferable way of playing according to Kojima.

Can you name me any other developer in AAA that comes up with similar ideas? I can only think of Fumito Ueda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom