Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Drakron

Arcane
srsly tho I dont think roman empire really fits into the whole small private army going on adventures abroad theme of expeditions to be HONEST, like werent most roman expeditions straight up conquests with hueg legions

No, the Gallic Wars were 60,000 Legionaries and 60,000 Auxiliaries against 4 million Gauls. And that started because Julius Caeser was trying to get out of debt.
Rome power was PROFESSIONALISM, they were also smart to basically stick their flag, put their superior administration up and leave the locals alone, they also had no problems with making alliances and their military power come from their Legions being professionals and not just rabble put into service, they werent some kind of power that could throw people at war since in order to be a Legionary you had to be a citizen to begin (thats also why there were no slave rowers in the Roman navy either), also Legions werent that large as initially they were 3.500 plus support.

Mustawd

My own example disproves your argument. I don't like viking settings(unless off course the protagonists are those opposing the snowniggers). I played the game because I liked Conquistador a lot. I doubt I would have even checked it out otherwise. I also assume the common retard watching "Vikings" or "Lost Kingdom" has no interest in niche rpgs or TB combat. The fedoras who worship the raiding norse are not known for their intelligence - and as we all know most of them are teenagers.

I loved the first 3 seasons of the show Viking. Had ut not been for the bugs I heard about at release I would have been hyped to play it when it came out.

So no, there is plenty of interest in the genre that could carry over if marketed correctly.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fasih-sayin-370a412a/

Besides being a game designer, Fasih Sayin is also a lawyer specializing in criminology and forensics, an award-winning author of short stories and poems, and the vocalist of a local heavy metal band. But his career in law and video games started as a criminal, for he was raised by software pirates in the heartland of Turkey. He's now on a quest for redemption, trying to buy every single game he once played without paying. He's been working freelance for a number of board game and video game companies as a game design consultant. He joined Crytek formally in 2012 as a game designer. Sayin is a Turkish guy who graduated from what's technically a catholic high school, followed by the Marmara University Faculty of Law. He then studied cinema at Plato Academy of Cinema, finished his M.A. thesis on interactive narrative structures and his Ph.D. thesis on the role of the audience in interactive narratives. He used to and still occasionally teaches advanced narratology, at several universities in Turkey.

:philosoraptor:

Tigranes

Arcane
The Plato Academy of Cinema

Fuck Oxbridge, I need to find myself the Diogenes School of Business Administration

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The new publishers made the (video game) news! how exciting:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/02/video-game-publisher-apologizes-after-hosting-ama-on-8chan/

Here's one of the screenshots that could be relevant here:

D0W5WmSWoAEPTYO.jpg:large

Shame about the pedo connection, because now we'll all have to boycott.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What pedo connection? I don't really care as long as their game is good as their other ones!

8chan is basically one of the big cesspool of the internet.

Imagine Codex with more right-leaning tendencies while on the same time having known self-admitted pedophiles (normal and weebs alike) and others degenerancies in one place. It, at the same time, is the worse version of Reddit and Codex and I don't know god-what.

Come to think of it, you will be a good fit there fantadomat :)

I suggest you go there and may the rest of us be spared of your edginess if you choose to stay there :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What pedo connection? I don't really care as long as their game is good as their other ones!

8chan is basically one of the big cesspool of the internet.

Imagine Codex with more right-leaning tendencies while on the same time having known self-admitted pedophiles (normal and weebs alike) and others degenerancies in one place. It, at the same time, is the worse version of Reddit and Codex and I don't know god-what.

Come to think of it, you will be a good fit there fantadomat :)

I suggest you go there and may the rest of us be spared of your edginess if you choose to stay there :)
Do i know you cuck? Go and tell Tyron to not buy you this game for your wife's anniversary.

Maybe you should go and migrate to RPGWatch,instead of whining like a little bitch. Tyron will be kind enough to make you an account.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Good boy good boy :lol:

I just pointed out the answer to your question: "What pedo connection?" while taking a jab at your 12 years old internet agression.

Good to know you are reacting so strongly to that :lol:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I hope they don't stick 100% to literal history. I do not mind mind historical settings but I hope they add a little mythology here and there and other types of low fantasy to spice things up.

I hope they make expeditions: Conan :bounce:

Mark Richard

Arcane
I hope they don't stick 100% to literal history. I do not mind mind historical settings but I hope they add a little mythology here and there and other types of low fantasy to spice things up.

I hope they make expeditions: Conan :bounce:
Technically Conquistador and Viking has curses, magic, and mythological beasts - all psychological manifestations. Beliefs and superstitions of that era have a tangible effect on the men. If someone believes they're cursed, that belief gives the curse power over them. Throwing restraint aside by making these facets unquestionably real would take Expeditions out of a genre it practically owns (historical fiction RPGs), and drop the series into a very large pond of fantasy RPGs. Don't you already have enough of those? Even on Kingdom Come threads some folk were clamouring for this perversive genre switch, as if they can't get it up unless they're choking an elf.

Barbarian

Arcane
I would love to finally see something related to the first crusade, but the best suited option to an expeditions game(assuming they go for a crusade setting) is certainly the 1101 Crusade(also called "Crusade of the faint-hearted" or "Oathbreakers Crusade"):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade_of_1101

Several separate and unorganized small armies(many lead by people who didn't follow up on their vows to reach Jerusalem in the 1st Crusade) try to cross Anatolia as the first Crusaders did, most being slaughtered or turning back on the way. The small groups of succesfull crusaders ending up on something more akin to a pilgrimage but still helping the fledlging and unstable Kingdom formed in the aftermath of the first crusade.

Cavalry turn-based combat might be something hard to develop I guess. Other than that the whole setting is perfect for the "small group of adventurers dropped into hostile and unconquered territory" premise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom