Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Inventory UI looks so boring and "unimmersive". Seems like the inventory management is gone too? Might be wrong though.

But do you guys remember that failed remake of Alone in the Dark? That game actually had a pretty cool inventory system, and I think if refined it would have added a lot to this game. Could have even kept in real time to add to the tension, with now going third person.

523781-alone-in-the-dark-inferno-playstation-3-screenshot-your-inventory.jpg

Looking down trying to find that ammo clip only to when you look up again notice that zombie right in your face.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Yep, that's one of my complains about the game. I really wish that the UI were similar to te original RE2. With the sounds, the character's portrait, the holter monitor and stuff

spot_g8-residentevil2-2.jpg

Mods will fix it!

Machocruz

Arcane
With HD TVs they're better able to present different fonts with more clarity, yet the UIs all use the same generic font because "it's clean and readable". Fucking backwards ass game devs.

Drakortha

Liturgist
RE7 also has a really shit UI. I think it's something about the RE engine, for both games to have the same shit UI, holy shit.

It's because it's not the true remake of RE2 that was originally promised. They took what they already had with RE7 and built the game from there.

Last edited:

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Inventory UI looks so boring and "unimmersive". Seems like the inventory management is gone too? Might be wrong though.

But do you guys remember that failed remake of Alone in the Dark? That game actually had a pretty cool inventory system, and I think if refined it would have added a lot to this game. Could have even kept in real time to add to the tension, with no going third person.

523781-alone-in-the-dark-inferno-playstation-3-screenshot-your-inventory.jpg

I mean, looking down trying to find that ammo clip only to when you look again notice that zombie right in your face.

i think that Alone in the Dark 2008 was a missed masterpiece. It had some very interesting ideas, the real-time inventory management & crafting being one of these. Frantically Juggling with your inventory while hearing the enemy approaching was a scary intense moment in the game.

More interesting than the tetris minigame inventory of the RE games.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
The original Alone in the Dark was very good as a survival horror. So why they don't do a remake?
aitd_3.jpg

Even better, they could remake this one:
frot5vkssrxcxhkwcaji.jpg

However, the problem with modern remakes is that they all tend to be third person shooters...
So, thinking again, better avoid remakes and stick with the originals.

5f44ac3cbdea244e084da893e9a0d208.jpg

RE7 had unlimited tapes and checkpoints in the normal and easy difficulty. The hard one had limited tapes and no checkpoints at all.
Yeah about that, to play hard mode you had to have either had preorder bonus which later became dlc, or beat the game on normal. Both are bullshit. Hopefully they learned that hard mode should be there from the get go this time (i doubt it). Even then the tapes don't really effect your gameplay as they typically come in packs of 3 at every new save point. As long you don't save more than 2 times at every point you're still going to have plenty tapes over. To be fair like Wunderbar said, classic RE games had a similar placement of ink saves as well.

If I was going to 'balance' a RE game I would put only one ink save at single save point in an area not at each typewriter and leave the rest laying around the place.

sullynathan

Arcane
Alone in the dark was a flop series, there's no money in remaking something with pretty much a non-existent fanbase.

Swigen

Arbiter
Ya’ll mind as well just play the original RE2 again ‘cause you’re clearly not the target audience for this game. This release is for people that jumped in at the mastapeece that is RE4 and want to know what special agent Leon Kennedy was up to before saving bitches and killing snitches. The only discussion that should be happening right now is, “who is Leon gonna sink his hairless twink weiner into first, Claire or Ada?” Does Claire have more of a “girl next door” bush? Does Ada Wong definitely have a landing strip? Does Leon have a preference?!?

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Though to be actually hit by the giant spiders in RE2 you had to be a special type of vegetable because you could run by them so easily. They had such a passive AI you had to stand around and wait for them to come after you finally just so you could see if they had any cool "You Died" fatality screen.

Viata

Arcane
Well, there is that liquid thing the spider drop when they are above you. Some just randomly drop it and it could easily fall on your head as you run by them. That was insta poison. Plus, given the new camera, they could do something better since the spider could easily hide away from your field of view when as you enter a new room. That, of course, if Capcom tried harder.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
In RE2 the spiders are not the problem. The problem are these plant enemies that throw you liquid. They can poison you easily and usually there's no blue herbs nearby on the lab. So you must collect them on the sewers and save them on the chest (Along with green herbs) until you need them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom