Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Viata

Arcane
However, you get that flamethrower before meeting the plants, that flamethrower was insta kill to them. They are easily to kill than spider, also.
Edit: For Leon, that is. Claire already had the M79.

Last edited:
That reminds me was there an actual subpoint system for getting an A/S rank in RE games? I heard you shouldn't use a first aid sprays in RE2 to get the best rank because it affected the hidden point score, never bothered to prove it, i just went with the cargo cult.

JDR13

Arcane
That reminds me was there an actual subpoint system for getting an A/S rank in RE games? I heard you shouldn't use a first aid sprays in RE2 to get the best rank because it affected the hidden point score, never bothered to prove it, i just went with the cargo cult.

You did get a better score for not using any first aid sprays. Or at least that was the common perception.

Iirc, that applied to the first 3 games and perhaps Code Veronica as well.

Hellraiser

Arcane
In RE2 the spiders are not the problem. The problem are these plant enemies that throw you liquid. They can poison you easily and usually there's no blue herbs nearby on the lab. So you must collect them on the sewers and save them on the chest (Along with green herbs) until you need them.

The plants only get the poison attack in scenario B if you deployed anti-BOW gas in scenario A. Otherwise their ranged attack is non-toxic.

There's no reason to deploy the anti-BOW gas anyway apparently, it does nothing except mutating the plants into the poison version in scenario B. Another umbrella product that works completely opposite to what it should do.

Generic-Giant-Spider

God, I love how stupid Tofu is. Only the '90s could get away with that shit.

Incase people haven't heard the story sully's reffering, there was a april fools gag in EGM that you could unlock Akuma as a playable character in RE2.
1d17fcf9aa29e3eea7699e5253fb013238b160ff
Reads like a textbook "that kid" story. I can see why no one believed the brad secret at the time when you had game mags pulling this shit.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Ugh, I hate bullet sponge being mistaken for difficulty. Give the enemies better AI and more lethal attacks.

For example: some enemies in the old RE games like Hunters could instantly kill you if you were the correct distance and triggered their lunge attack, have that be in Hardcore difficulty instead. It'd be way more interesting and fun if an enemy suddenly busted out an attack you never saw before and change your approach to them entirely.

Viata

Arcane
Ugh, I hate bullet sponge being mistaken for difficulty. Give the enemies better AI and more lethal attacks.

For example: some enemies in the old RE games like Hunters could instantly kill you if you were the correct distance and triggered their lunge attack, have that be in Hardcore difficulty instead. It'd be way more interesting and fun if an enemy suddenly busted out an attack you never saw before and change your approach to them entirely.
Zombies could spit acid/poison in hardcore difficulty, too. Also, making enemies more bullet sponge in RE makes no sense since you are supposed to avoid them, not kill them.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Zombies could spit acid/poison in hardcore difficulty, too. Also, making enemies more bullet sponge in RE makes no sense since you are supposed to avoid them, not kill them.

I don't think zombies spit acid at all in this one.

Pretty sure the insta lunge attack only happened when your health was in caution, pretty sure the orange caution, not sure though. If it did trigger even yellow caution, I can see that being a threat since normally theres no point of healing with that much health.

I do agree with adding more attacks and mechanics at higher difficulties or mode.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Safety spoilers

Some people that have the game already are saying there are no crows or spiders as well as no gargantuan moth. Hype IMMENSELY decreased if true.

Wunderbar

Arcane
That's a bummer if true.
I was looking forward towards photogrammetry-made super realistic spiders.

sullynathan

Arcane
things expected as the norm in a game I played in elementary school are now considered the HARDCORE options. lmao, and people say games haven't been dumbed down. autosaving is a baby sitting mechanic, and how is a game supposed to be tense when you can always count on it to correct your fuckups.
Dark souls has autosave
Dark souls is harder than every resident evil. Checkmate.

Solid Snail

Learned
Wait, there is an autosave option? I thought you could save only by using ink ribbons?
Why they heep doing this, Evil Within 2 had autosaves too and it totally kills the survival aspect of the game if you can just reload when you die playing replaying like 5 minutes.

Safety spoilers

Some people that have the game already are saying there are no crows or spiders as well as no gargantuan moth. Hype IMMENSELY decreased if true.
Outsourced chinaman modelling company cannot into diversity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom