Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm on my 2nd run of Vordekai tomb I found a crazy fight there
2 astradeamon and 3 thanadeamon
.. wtf.. did anyone try to fight this one?
If you win you get to
keep 45 000 gp of gems :D

Deleted Member 16721

If you win you get to

I couldn't win the fight so I gave my blood at the altar instead. You get a permanent astradaemon buff if you give blood at the altar in that room, but then you can't take the gems so it's one or the other.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you win you get to

I couldn't win the fight so I gave my blood at the altar instead. You get a permanent astradaemon buff if you give blood at the altar in that room, but then you can't take the gems so it's one or the other.
There is no way that my LG Paladin is going to sprinkle blood on shrines to Deamon Lords and want a buff from ultimate evil. It is either death to deamons or retreat :)

purpleblob

Savant
I defeated them but on normal difficulty.

I don't remember using any specific strategy - just used Valerie to grab 3 thandeamon with Tristian healing, while others focus on 2 astradeamon then killing thandeamon one by one.

0hy3pSa.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
I defeated them but on normal difficulty.

I don't remember using any specific strategy - just used Valerie to grab 3 thandeamon with Tristian healing, while others focus on 2 astradeamon then killing thandeamon one by one.

0hy3pSa.jpg
Yea I just did it on challenging. The trick was
to have death ward on couple of characters. All 5 just spam level draining abilities. Kind of a disappointment in the end. It could have been a much more interesting fight.
I even turned one of the thandeamons into a dog :D

I think one day where some crazy modder does a SCS treatment for this game all these fights are going to be lots of fun and we won't even need to raise the difficulty.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I can now confirm that Kingdom Management screen loads ultra fast. On my PC it is about 2.5s.

ArchAngel

Arcane
SSD. This loading speed is in beta patch 1.2L.
It will be faster with HDD as well, they made changes where game uses up more RAM and VRAM to speed up loading screen.

EDIT: FUck, teleportation circles no longer work for me in 1.2L :D

EDIT2: But at least they fixed skinning animals again.. I guess you win some and you lose some lol

bataille

Arcane
Regression testing is for chumps; real pathfinders make any changed code immediately available for the user. Still, I'm very glad that they're making progress with such limited resources (not having a dedicated QA department is kinda a death sentence for any software). Hope I'll be able to restart AGAIN in half a year or so, This time, it's going to be a full CE murder squad. Kudos to the heroic ruskies marching on. What a ride.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
did anyone notice loading time improvements with 1.2 beta?i have seen none.
using an ssd.
the rest of my hardware is old though,maybe thats causing the long loading times.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
Yea I just did it on challenging. The trick was
to have death ward on couple of characters. All 5 just spam level draining abilities. Kind of a disappointment in the end. It could have been a much more interesting fight.
I even turned one of the thandeamons into a dog :D
Yeah.
I beat them on Unfair using a combination of Death Ward and Animate Dead (as fodder). I have praised some of the fights in this game as having really good design, but this one was just a simple gimmick. Undead summoning is really damn good in this game, since they are generally immune to most of the bullshit inflicted by the biggest PITA enemies (Fey, Demons, Other Undead, etc).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Regression testing is for chumps; real pathfinders make any changed code immediately available for the user. Still, I'm very glad that they're making progress with such limited resources (not having a dedicated QA department is kinda a death sentence for software). Hope I'll be able to restart AGAIN in half a year or so, This time, it's going to be a full CE murder squad. Kudos to the heroic ruskies marching on. What a ride.
Funny shit, as soon as I took a long trip back on foot to my capital, teleportation circles started working again.. strange bugs are produced by this code.

Incendax

Augur
Bug: Changing my advisor sometimes causes a soft lock, forcing you into the upper right hand side of the map screen and not letting you leave or scroll anywhere.
Solution: Save the game, exit the game completely, then start the game again.

That's annoying, but I don't change advisors very much. So whatever.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So apparently I missed out on the best ending entirely because I failed a hidden Arcana check way back in chapter 3. Wow. I guess I'm gonna have to edit the save file and replay the whole chapter 7 all over again. This is some fucking bullshit tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom