Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Age of Grit Release Date: TBA

RELEASE DATE:
Jan 2019
Those release dates are for early access.

Also:
https://caverns-game.com/
Caverns: Lost Sky is a single player action-adventure RPG set in a fully destructible, voxelized subterranean realm. Join Strato in the Tellurian Sector as he battles hordes of Fera in his quest to find the sky. Level up and increase your stats, or ascend the caverns searching for buried treasure.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't add Caverns: Lost Sky because it looked awful, but I'll add it now.

Caverns: Lost Sky Release Date: TBA (Releasing on Steam EA in January) added to Third/First Person Action
Galaxy Squad Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA) added to Tacticool

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chrysalis Release Date: August added to Third/First Person Action
Bounty Hunter Release Date: January 18 added to Asian
Noel's Hope Release Date: TBA added to Third/First Person Action
神明在上
Release date: TBA added to Asian
Fear & Hunger Release Date: TBA added to Turn-based

Question time. I know there are some Western developed games that would probably better fit in a "Western JRPG" category. Should I create such a category? I am not putting them with Asian games.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Well a list of upcoming RPG , with confirmed 2019 release date ,that aren't simplistic phone games and aren't utter garbage could be more useful. Not even trying to be edgy , here's what is really worth watching and that being very generous:

Queen's Wish: The Conqueror Release Date: 2019
Star Renegades Release Date: Early 2019
Iron Danger Release Date: 2019
Caves of Qud Release Date: 2019
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones Release Date: 2019

If anything this year looks very grim.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Nomads of the Fallen Star Release Date: January 30 added to Tacticool
King's League II Release Date: 2019 added to Tacticool
Scarse Tactics Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
落尘之域 Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA) added to Asian
Fantasy Sino-Japanese War 幻想甲午 Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA) added to Asian
Crown Trick / 不思议的皇冠 Release Date: TBA added to Asian

了不起的修仙模拟器 RELEASED!
Tales of Vesperia RELEASED!

Drowed

Arcane
I'm amazed with the increase of Chinese games, I'm glad I decide to study this language.

Well, China is fucking huge.

If anything, it's surprising how long it took for its gaming industry to grow. Now the question is, how long it will take them to realize that selling to the international market (with acceptable translations) may even double their profit.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
I think it's less about realize and more the lack of people that can translate their game to English. I don't know how Chinese education works, but I don't think everyone there can easily speak English as most European countries, so their indie games are usually going to be Chinese only compared to other indie devs in Europe. That is only speculation, so I may be far off the mark here and only saying bullshits.
Many Japanese indie games are jp only, for example.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
三国佣兵传奇 Released!

Rogue Empire Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA) added to Turn-based
Little Legend Release Date: 2020 added to Side scrolling/Metroidvania
Dysmantle Release Date: TBA added to Action/Real-Time
Deck of Ashes Release Date: April 11 added to Turn-based
Heroes of a Broken Land 2 Release Date: TBA added to Blobber
VoidGate Release Date: TBA added to Third/First Person Action
Heroine Anthem Zero:Episode 2 Release Date: TBA added to Side scrolling/Metroidvania

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge has a page on Steam. It's a total conversion mod, which I suppose everyone already knows. Says 2020 release date and you need to own a copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I thought I would mention it, but I'm not adding it to the list.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade Release Date: Q3 2019 added to Tacticool
Autumn's Chorus Release Date: Early 2020 added to Action/Real-Time
Survival Journals Release Date: Summer 2019 added to Turn-based
Warforged Release Date: Early 2019 added to Third/First Person Action
Rending Sky Release Date: TBA added to Asian

Himeko Sutori Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)
Everpath Release Date: TBA (Available on Steam EA)

Sunless Skies RELEASED!
Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements RELEASED!
Lovecraft's Untold Stories RELEASED!
Wargroove RELEASED!

Nomads of the Fallen Star RELEASED!
Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times RELEASED!

Alvastia Chronicles RELEASED!
Record of Agarest War Mariage | アガレスト戦記 Mariage | 阿加雷斯特戰記 甜蜜新婚 | 阿加雷斯特战记 甜蜜新婚 RELEASED!

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

Source : https://doublesidedgames.com/black-dawn-rebirth-for-the-commodore-amiga-500-coming-2019/
We are very happy to announce that Double Sided Games will publish the 7th episode of the Black Dawn series! Black Dawn Rebirth is a rpg / dungeon crawler set in a futuristic science-fiction/horror theme. It is currently in development by one of its original authors Shaun Watters with the support of the creator of the series, Andy Campbell. Ten Shu (Barbarian+) is working on the graphics and the music is by Mike Richmond who already worked on the Black Dawn series in the past.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom