Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/181851410716/i-think-about-your-chance-encounter-with-st

haylobaybe asked:

I think about your chance encounter with St. Vincent a lot (two of my favorite people meeting on my birthday, I guess All my stars aligned). What was it like meeting her? And what are your top 5 St. Vincent songs?

I tried to be very brief because I didn’t want to be a nuisance. I told her I loved her music and she thanked me. I tried to scurry away but she said “Wait, what’s your name?”, introduced herself, and shook my hand. Then I successfully scurried.

All said, a five out of five celebrity encounter rating.

Top 5 songs in chronological order:

Landmines - I’ve had more than one relationship like this, so it very easily gets me in the heartzone. The floaty sound + the drum break a few minutes in are so good.

The Neighbors - The drums and key changes on this are great. I love the middle section from about 2 minutes to 2:35.

“How can Monday be all right
then on Tuesday lose my mind?
Tomorrow’s some kind of stranger
who I’m not supposed to see.”

Strange Mercy - Love the whole mood of this song, little bits like the “Oh little one your Hemingway jawline looks just like his,” and her sweet guitar licks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTvkzT6N_BA

I Prefer Your Love - Fuck, what a sweet sentiment for a song to your mother. Just beautiful.

“But all the good in me is because of you
It’s true
I prefer your love to Jesus.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-_P0H_A1MY

Young Lover - I’ve (thankfully) never had to deal with relationship like this, but damn. Despite the subject matter, the song is just really fun to listen to. I love the desperate energy after the key change at 2:23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYagYpFapU

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Figures that Josh would like all the boring songs.

I told her I loved her music and she thanked me. I tried to scurry away but she said “Wait, what’s your name?”, introduced herself,
:what:

Was that a "You too" moment?

Prime Junta

Neighbour of mine had a pretty cool celebrity story. He was drinking coffee at an open-air marketplace stall in Finland. Older guy shows up, asks in English, "is this chair free?" He nods. They drink their coffee in silence.

The older guy was Leonard Cohen.

My neighbour was a huge, huge, huge Leonard Cohen fan.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Figures that Josh would like all the boring songs.

I told her I loved her music and she thanked me. I tried to scurry away but she said “Wait, what’s your name?”, introduced herself,
:what:

Was that a "You too" moment?
:balance:
As Pater Balance, I'm sure Sawyer equally enjoys rape and being raped. For every thrust given there's a thrust received. 69 is more then implicit number for him, it's way of life, way of being, way of satisfying germanic urge to rape and dodging metooed

Sawyer is Balance and Balance is just too OP! Smug, fearless, vague nodding continues for eternity...:balance:

EDIT:
Read that as "Me too". Understandable mistake

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Sawyer's tumblr reads like the schedule of a former star, who now is relegated to perform his former hits at mall openings - most of the questions are about things he did one or two decades ago.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Maybe someone poke him with a question about the historical RPG. Not expecting a positive response though.

Latro

Arcane
I was listening to this "St. Vincent" woman on NPR and came off with the impression she was another bland sape.

Frozen

Arcane
He should listen to Lorde it will open up his horizons.

Music for virgin 15yo girls, totally up his alley.

Fairfax

Arcane
Guess Microsidian must be pretty rough if he's starting the new year all bitter. :M
Probably accepted that he'll never leave Obsidian. Now that's it's relatively stable as a Microsoft division, he might as well bring out his 2001-2006 self again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom