Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

cruelio

Savant
His brain literally doesn't have enough calories to put "KOTC2" in the kickstarter title and "Please send help" in the body.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm more curious about the gameplay, story, music, etc honestly. Token-style graphics I can deal with, but the game needs to perform in the other areas to make up for it, otherwise I'll just play some more Kingmaker, thanks.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't think gameplay is going to be bad, given the first game, the gameplay is the only reason I want to play this game.
Alright, but details? And what about the story? Plenty of room for improvement there, the first game's story was quite average.

And the music/sound was quite bland too IIRC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=769&p=5144#p5144

Hello! Sorry for the delay in updating. Finally - the game is done!! I've done all the testing and tweaking I wanted to do. I did my best to create interesting and challenging encounters everywhere, so I think that the game remains enjoyable from the beginning to the end without any boring parts. RPG lovers! Do YOU have what it takes to beat the Final Challenge? I dare you!
icon_twisted.gif
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also I've just created a bunch a characters for players who prefer not to create their party from scratch. Now I need to create the installer file and then look into everything else: webpages, KS, videos. You can look forward to the new screenshots and features webpages shortly, and maybe a more detailed update in here. Thank you for your patience!
icon_e_smile.gif

lol it's going to take him months to launch the Kickstarter

Martyr

Arcane
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=769&p=5144#p5144

Hello! Sorry for the delay in updating. Finally - the game is done!! I've done all the testing and tweaking I wanted to do. I did my best to create interesting and challenging encounters everywhere, so I think that the game remains enjoyable from the beginning to the end without any boring parts. RPG lovers! Do YOU have what it takes to beat the Final Challenge? I dare you!
icon_twisted.gif
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also I've just created a bunch a characters for players who prefer not to create their party from scratch. Now I need to create the installer file and then look into everything else: webpages, KS, videos. You can look forward to the new screenshots and features webpages shortly, and maybe a more detailed update in here. Thank you for your patience!
icon_e_smile.gif

lol it's going to take him months to launch the Kickstarter

löl, a Kickstarter after the game is already done?? isn't that the whole point of KS to finance the development of a non-existing game?
I'm really glad to hear that KotC2 is done and it will be an instabuy but I think his behavior is kind of strange.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think what's done is the demo campaign, and he plans to develop another larger campaign with the KS funds? Who knows.

Jinn

Arcane
Dude needs to pull the root he's been chewing on out of his mouth, eat a huge fucking steak, put KotC 1 on steam and GOG, and get his shit together.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
I don't think gameplay is going to be bad, given the first game, the gameplay is the only reason I want to play this game.
Alright, but details? And what about the story? Plenty of room for improvement there, the first game's story was quite average.

First game story was nothing more than a copy of the classic module "against the giants", and when i say classic its classic for a 40+ year old...

Tigranes

Arcane

Wait, someone is hoping for improved story from Pierre?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wow, it's happening! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=773&p=5151

Pre-KS Update

Greetings, RPG lovers!

Here are the latest news about Knights of the Chalice 2. This should be the last update before Kickstarter! Post-KS, I will probably create two new forum sections, one dedicated to KotC 2: Augury of Chaos (bug reports, suggestions and tips) and one for KotC 2 Module Creators (help and ideas).

In the last few days, I created new web pages for the game. The new pages include the following: KotC 2 Screenshots, KotC 2 Features, KotC 2 F.A.Q., and KotC 2 About Us. Be sure to check them out!

I also created a Twitter profile and Facebook page and I updated my Youtube channel. Would be very cool to have more 'Likes' and 'Follows'!

In addition, I completed the Kickstarter new-project registration procedure. But I still need to create the KS video and fill up the KS page with information, graphics, reward slots and stretch goals.

I've added links to the Kickstarter page, Youtube channel, Twitter profile and Facebook page in the website's menus, as well as 'Recommend' and 'Share' buttons on the web pages for KotC 2 Features, KotC 2 Screenshots, KotC 1 Features and KotC 1 Screenshots.

I also created the Windows installer for KotC 2: Augury of Chaos. The file is around 700 MB.

Work on the game was completed around 27 January. It wasn't an easy task, especially as my dad passed away in December at the age of 75.
icon_cry.gif

Apart from module testing and tweaking, encounter improvement and debugging, the things I focused on included the following:

* Temporary companions: A non-player character may join your party for a limited time. Such companions appear and act just like a party member, but the party-size limit does not apply to them. Also, you cannot un-equip their equipped items, or give them new items.

* Spell scroll highlighting: The Inventory Screen of each character now highlights whether a spell scroll may be learned by the character, or is already known by the character. This is done using small 'Known' and 'Learn' tags.

* Destructible objects in combat: Combat encounters can now include objects that must be destroyed by the player's party in order to complete the encounter. Objects can be non-magical, such as a gate or barrier of some kind, or they may be magical, such as an energy orb, a magic mirror, a mystical crystal, an enchanted statue or a monolith that heals the enemy every round or inflicts damage to the party each round until destroyed. Maybe the object serves as the phylactery of a Lich that cannot be hurt until the object is destroyed.

* Timed riddles: The party may be given a certain amount of real time, such as one minute, to answer correctly as many riddles as possible.

* Fighters joining a combat in progress: When new combat participants join an ongoing battle, they all roll for initiative and join the initiative list according to their initiative roll. Previously, new combatants were added at the top of the list, giving them an unfair advantage.

* When potions and consumable items are used, they are no longer subject to the concentration checks that apply to normal spells and spell-like abilities.

* In the Artificial Intelligence page of the Creature Editor, I added new buttons to turn on and turn off automatic spells for the reviewed creature easily. Automatic spells are spells like Mage Armour and Mirror Image, which have a full-day duration and may be cast out of combat. High-level casters have numerous automatic-spell options.

* In the editor, mousing over a creature and pushing G now opens the 'Monster Groups' screen and highlights the group of the moused-over creature, allowing the module creator to select all creatures in the considered group easily.

* In the editor, when several creatures are selected, Alt + click on a creature allows the module creator to equip all of the selected creatures in one go. The Inventory Screen is displayed and any items that you equip the creature with are also equipped in the Inventory Screen of the other selected creatures.

Of course, I have plenty of ideas for improving the game further. I have ideas for new items and new feats; I will talk about these during the Kickstarter. I also want to implement New Feat suggestions, meaning that a few recommended Feats will be highlighted whenever a character levels up.

I'm not forgetting Steam, of course, for both KotC 2 and KotC 1. But for now I need to focus on the Kickstarter page, create videos and do some interviews with video-game news websites (if possible).

I've already posted many new screenshots in the KotC 2 Screenshots page, so there's no need to add a lot of new screenshots here. Still, here are a few extra screenshots just for you! Please click on a picture to enlarge it.

I expect that I'll be writing an email to all the KotC customers and forum users about 48 hours before the Kickstarter, so that we can have a good start. That's a nice thing about selling directly on one's website: you can contact the customer base. If all my customers were on Steam, I would have more of them of course, but I wouldn't be able to contact them. Yesterday, I installed new mailing-list software to allow me to send emails to many recipients.

Thank you for reading! Feel free to post comments! Till next time!
icon_e_smile.gif

imweasel

It is going to be interesting to see how this kickstarter runs with an art budget of about 50 dollars.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Thanks for your service beta testing shit for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom