Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Archibald

Arcane
Most channels just give sponsors early access or some other intangibles, but locking off content en-masse, that's probably self-defeating. How do you grow the channel if you don't have a steady stream of interesting videos, except for paid subscribers?

mystery.png
mystery.png
mystery.png

I guess idea is that you lure people in with occasional free Youtube video and podcasts (if he still does them?). But looking at graphtreon it looks he is slowing losing support: https://graphtreon.com/creator/superbunnyhop

I don't know, maybe in the end it is worth it since as mentioned you need to spend more time on video reviews. So maybe per hour he is earning more now than he did one year ago and has more free time.

Overall I think that paid content can work, but you have to be pretty much industry leader so that people would hear all the time that you are doing these amazing reviews or what else, but Patreon doesn't really work like that. Probably 6 out of 10 people that are aware of his Youtube videos and think that they are (or were) good aren't even aware of his stuff on Patreon.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally something worthy of one's time. Interesting video, but I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't mention how the music in the original was miles better than in the Remake, and this affected the mood of the game.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Finally something worthy of one's time. Interesting video, but I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't mention how the music in the original was miles better than in the Remake, and this affected the mood of the game.

I thought you can unlock the old music in the remake?

Egosphere

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
At this point he is a full blown jap shit channel.

Vidya games are art.

and yet 10 years later nobody plays it because muh graphics
I don't know if anyone played it back then,or just a bunch of youtubers just parroted the opinion.
Seems like it was a cult classic. You didn't hear much about it when it came out, then it snowballed over the years into 'one of the greatest games ever'.
I haven't met a single dude that played that game or even knows about it. All i have heard about it is from youtuber roaches that try to look competent about video games,you know the type of idiots that have single fart filled with a plastic toys and game boxes. It was thrown for cool credits without even playing it. Also didn't the studio mate another shitty game,last guardian or something similar? It went like a wet fart in the wind,roaches talked about it and in a week time it was forgotten.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
SotC was a great experience when it came out. Chiefly because it attempted a lot of things differently AND it provided closure to another cult classic of the PS2 era, Ico. Many PS2 owners I knew played it (Ico) back then, although not everyone appreciated it and many did so years after release (remember that PS2 had a very florid used games market and loads of pirates).
I personally rate it as a very decent platformer, above average I'd say, although platformers were never my cup of tea. I only played it because two friends of mine were bugging me to no end.
I actually enjoyed it and loved its minimalist approach to storytelling. It gave you just enough incentive to go on, throughout the delicate dichotomy"white pussy ahead" and "Hands off my shit, you fuzzy nigger" and managed to do so both in its platforming sessions and in the very basic combat action.
Ultimately, I think Ico was a good game, although I never played it twice.

SotC was a very shitty game. Short, empty, needlessly stretched thin because of "muh art". What little gameplay it offers is shallow and repetitive. It was a great experience though, and I repeat it. The first time you go through it blind, it offers pleasant environmental puzzles and true exploration(™), although it turns out true exploration is actually quite boring. It's a game held up by a true artistic vision, as opposed to the cheap crap we think about nowadays when "muh art" is flaunted as a way to cover up technical shortcomings and is, generally speaking, lied and shat on constantly with little respect for its true meaning. As any true work of art though, to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand SotC. Or at least be inclined to apreciate it, otherwise you'll find the experience awful. As with its predecessor, I never felt the need to play it twice and without its predecessor, its value is greatly diminished.

The ending needs special mention though. Even if the incredibruh plot twist is blatantly hinted at from the first third of the game, the end still managed to amaze me. It's cathartic and very fitting, at least that's how 24 old me remembers it.

Last edited:
I played Ico on release, and Shadow of the Colossus on release.

Technically, seeing Shadow of the Colossus running on an actual PS2 in 2005 was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen in videogames, and I've been around for a very long time. I'd put it in the same ballpark as seeing Doom running for the first time at the end of 93, or playing Virtua Fighter 3 at the arcades in 1996.

People seeing the game for the first time almost 15 years later really have no idea. Now, that doesn't mean it was a great game, but I liked it, I like boss rush games in general and the minimalistic setup was nice.

Edgelords trying to shit on it a decade and a half after the fact are funny.

Perkel

Arcane
The Last Guardian is great though. Loved it.
It is very rare to see puzzle game that actually manages to get great story and do something else than some bullshit random mechanics, deliver amazing set pieces and technical marvel in case of Trico.

I had many times jaw on the floor especially in later 3rd of game. And this rarely happen with me.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The Last Guardian is great though. Loved it.
It is very rare to see puzzle game that actually manages to get great story and do something else than some bullshit random mechanics, deliver amazing set pieces and technical marvel in case of Trico.

I had many times jaw on the floor especially in later 3rd of game. And this rarely happen with me.
The puzzles aren't good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom