Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted Member 22431

But I repeat myself by saying the inventory screen is cancer
Please, explain to the developer why is cancer and provide alternatives with pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

pm_675

Arbiter
But I repeat myself by saying the inventory screen is cancer
Please, explain to the developer why is cancer and provide alternatives with pictures.
Because you can lose a couple of minutes looking for Rubles, for starters? That It perfectly simulates the annoyance and impatiance of looking for your money and not finding is not praiseworthy in a game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just post your character sheet so we can unfuck you with a thicc rod. :smug:
Prepare lube.

Luck is actually quite good for a full combat character since it adds more crit chance. More so than STR, if you're going ranged, since weapons requirements penalty can be skipped by raw skill points, which you should have plenty of by the time you're level 6+.

And LUCK does have rare applications to pre-scripted events.

I notice you have Luck 10, so why not just try your luck, kill insects and start fishing for something good in Otradnoye?

Last edited:

jaydee2k

Savant
Where the hell do I get armor in this game. Went from Otradnoye to the abandoned factory an learned how to build one from that demon worshiper but my tinkering skills are total ass.
Is there no way to buy one in early game? Same for better weapons, only have a rusted pistol and some old one shoot rifle from this old guy in Otradnoye. But none of the merchants has firearms in his repertoire.

RK47

Patron
Where the hell do I get armor in this game. Went from Otradnoye to the abandoned factory an learned how to build one from that demon worshiper but my tinkering skills are total ass.
Is there no way to buy one in early game? Same for better weapons, only have a rusted pistol and some old one shoot rifle from this old guy in Otradnoye. But none of the merchants has firearms in his repertoire.

The only place I know where you can buy armor is Krasno. That's for 100% certain stock. For randomness, you just gotta luck out when you meet random traveling caravans.

Anyway for those starting the game, here's a tip on how to handle the three stooges you meet in the wild correctly:

1RvWPtN.jpg

First you trade for the grenade.

XPHIT7r.jpg

Now throw it to the middle of the camp to hit all three.

Gcp3PPJ.jpg

They will try to fight back.

JFPQNXg.jpg

Aim for the hunting rifle guy first,

TVtfT6M.jpg

followed with the bare handed guy

wnrQs7Y.jpg

and take out the guy with the toy gun last since imaginary bullets only deal imaginary damage. Your bullets and knives are more real and therefore deadlier.

TzaaxuM.jpg

Loot them all for a nice hunting rifle and some drugs.

Last edited:

Puteo

Learned
Oh, and I second adding autobalance to trading at least. But I repeat myself by saying the inventory screen is cancer

Have you tried the Nuclear Edition mod? https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/1744482869759020315/

Should significantly reduce carcinogens and relieve all but the most serious cases of rectal inflammation

Fuck!
I made a save before leaving the bunker 371 cuz I suspected an ambush and ofc I died.
But when I reload previous two saves, my character is just lying on the ground, dead.

Any advice? Seems the game bugged up and I can't continue...

That just shows how much they were inspired by Gothic, sounds like :incline: to me

RK47

Patron
Atomboy
Numbers not adding up. I was wielding AKS74U
Tool tip says Damage 7-14
Then I start fight with book burners, 7 of them , 21 HP each.
I was one shotting a few of them with no criticals.
Can you explain how this works?

Cadmus

Arcane
Ok guys help me out please.
Tech support (bless them for working during Sunday) tried to fix my save and it didnt work. Maybe theyll manage a second time.
But anyway, if they dont, I got about 90 mins of game to catch up which pisses me off considering Im not a teenage no-lifer anymore.
Heres my char, tell me if its completely fucked up and should I cut my losses and start over:
B5Bh712.gif

Im in bunker 317 and the rats are giving me a hard time, lol.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
And now, some insight into the next patch, as written by the balance guy and translated by me:

The idea is to make Combat System v2.0.
1. More variety in combat: enemy tiers that will intermix in combat. You only met one level enemies before. Now encounters will have mixed tiers - for example 1lvl cultists may be joined by a 5lvl gunner, or, a 10lvl gunner squad may partially consist of naked peasants. Works both to make game easier and harder, depending on the kind of mixture you will stumble upon.
2. Casual-proofing pistols, SMGs and some ARs. All weapons were perfectly balanced before, but to see it you had to look at bullet properties. Since this is too hard for the casuals, we will be making it so low ap guns will have low damage and low armor piercing qualities, and high ap guns will have high damage and high armor piercing qualities, so the casual could be all like "ug, this gun has big number on it so it must be good" and he will be correct, instead of wrong, like before.
3. Adding new melee and fist weapon friendly abilities to the now useless perks. Maybe a free running perk if it's not hard to create.
4. Respecking option written by one of the writers (it's gonna be me, Atomboy!)
5. Final solution to NPC behavior - some new scripts that will make them act more human, hopefully.

There you go!
I really hope this one is going to hit home for everybody that has a hard time with the weapons mentioned.
He asked for my feedback, so I sent him most of the codex suggestions. Any new ones are also welcome.
So what you're saying is that you only wanted to be the Game of the Year 2018 for about one month of 2019.
Ok guys help me out please.
Tech support (bless them for working during Sunday) tried to fix my save and it didnt work. Maybe theyll manage a second time.
But anyway, if they dont, I got about 90 mins of game to catch up which pisses me off considering Im not a teenage no-lifer anymore.
Heres my char, tell me if its completely fucked up and should I cut my losses and start over:
B5Bh712.gif

Im in bunker 317 and the rats are giving me a hard time, lol.
You could practically throw away your first 4 levels and it would not matter massively. It's not even enough to see if you've got a "build" at a glance at all. Aside from the low Dexterity, it looks fine to me, and you'll be getting some Pistols that aren't too bad.

RK47

Patron
Huh. You ever played Fallout with less than 6 points in DEX? Not Fallout 3 or New Vegas, Fallout 1 & 2.
Try to keep DEX at a minimum of 6 next time so you have comfortable 8 AP in combat. The DEX also helps with your starting combat skills.

I see no issue with you taking Lucky One and Shooting Gallery.

But taking so high of a luck seems like a waste of points if you're not making a combat focused character. The usage is very rare too. For newcomers to the game, avoid putting too many points on Luck.
I'd say reroll and have a bit less on Luck. Unlike Fallout, ATOM's perks are not locked behind attribute or skill level.

Something like this:

GdmB2yt.jpg

Focus on Speechcraft first so you can avoid human encounters more consistently, they're way more dangerous than animals.

Cadmus

Arcane
hm ok...well, Ill try to continue with my current char if the devs fix my save, I dont mind not having an optimal character but Im disappointed Luck doesnt seem to do anything.
I was expecting getting lucky skill checks related to other skills or finding stuff or lucky conversation triggers related to other skills but you guys seem to be saying it only applies to crit chance

RK47

Patron
hm ok...well, Ill try to continue with my current char if the devs fix my save, I dont mind not having an optimal character but Im disappointed Luck doesnt seem to do anything.
I was expecting getting lucky skill checks related to other skills or finding stuff or lucky conversation triggers related to other skills but you guys seem to be saying it only applies to crit chance

Yeah Luck has its use in certain scenarios but it's very, very limited.
And some skills are also underused. Like First Aid.

Puteo

Learned
FYI, it's not too hard to edit your save to change attributes and whatnot; it's just that the guides on the forum suck and the unpack tool in the forum has a trojan in it.

If anyone cares let me know and I might gather enough of a shit to make a guide on how to do it safely

Technomancer

Liturgist
Luck should affect stuff in a more direct way, especially combat. You already had some ideas with grenades spawn on enemies. Make every point beyond 5 add 1% to chance to jam to the enemy weapons, making it +6% on 11 luck. Make it work even on weapons that do not jam usually so there is a chance to get lucky even versus advanced weapons. For any points less than 5 however you take the penalty instead. In a fight, only the single highest luck stat of any character affects others on the map.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Seeing a lot of talk about Russian references and what not - how's the game for someone who has no relation to that stuff?

Deleted Member 22431

Fucking elite mercenaries. I think I will run to their tank and use as a weapon.

Sloul

Savant
Hm....
atomrpgpopnewrel.png

That's good, but how did that happen? It didn't even show upon release. That's the 1st page mind you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom