Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This isnt all that different than his other games. It just lacks some of the detail. But yes, many of them are squarish.

A6WorldMap.jpg

ss_80305f6970a8b200f040417e2581dcbeef3533be.1920x1080.jpg

Nethergate-Resurrection-World-Map.jpg
Tim Cain approves of the geometric shapes!

:cainapproves:

passerby

Arcane
It's a interesting insight into him. Either it's from him as a game developer wanting to fill the map as much as he can, or he's got some autism shit going on.

Given for example his alternative approach to aesthetic choices in his games, that goes far beyond what can be explained by the budget, I'd say the latter.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #12

Jan 20 2019

Queen's Wish January 2019 Update!
Posted by Spiderweb Software

Another shorter update. Primary design continues. We just finished the third “chunk” of the world, out of about eight chunks. Internal testing is going well. Artists are making art. An August PC/Mac release still seems likely.

Also, we took a week off for the holidays. It was nice.

The earlier parts of designing the world tend to be the hard parts. That is because early on is where the quest hubs are placed. These are sections where someone tries to guide the player through one of the paths of the game. This requires a ton of dialogue, and dialogue is the most time-consuming part of my designs. Also, it requires everything in the plot to be in place. Anything I forgot to address or did a half-hearted job on, I have to return to and come up with a real answer.

With this last big chunk of work, I have finished all of the quest hubs. The whole plot of the game is in place. I have a lot to implement, in lots of cities and dungeons. I know what will be there, though, and that is great.

Backer Rewards

All Scrolls of Absolution have been made and sent out. Thank you for your patience! If yours never arrived, please let us know.

If you are contributing names, items, etc. to the game, the final deadline for these is March 31. After that, we can’t guarantee finding a good place to fit your preferred idea into the game. If you haven’t gotten one of our messages about how to contribute ideas, please send us a message.

We should start having more screenshots and other art to show off, as we start getting everything together for our official announcement and Steam page. For now, we have some nice new creature art below ...

Hope you are all off to a good start for the year, and I’ll be getting back to work!

- Jeff Vogel

ffe873a9d6d0729080beef3b1ae6902d_original.png

The mirelings are the result of a magical experiment gone horribly wrong. Are they truly intelligent? Or do they just seem intelligent to throw you off guard before they try to eat you?
3773116cbaeea5d2e40b7141a26e1ef7_original.png

The gigantic scorpions of the Vol Wastes. No special lore here. They just want to eat you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is there a release date? I assume that it will come out this year or the beginning of the next one.

EDIT: Good thing that the retard buttons are disabled :). Just saw that they think of August release.

Terra

Cipher
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2426771

Queen's Wish February 2019 Update!

This has been a big milestone month! The world of the game is half-written. All the basics of the world and the stories have been established. We just need to finish them. We hope that the Queen’s Wish content will be done at the end of May, and then we can do the Windows port and finalize everything.

This is a really grueling phase of development. Every day, I get up and do a chunk of game. A dungeon. Three sections of outdoors. Half of a city. There’s a huge pile of things to do, and every day I chip one thing out of the pile. That’s why it’s so satisfying to get halfway. It takes a lot of doubt away. This game will be finished. My brain is pudding, and there’s a long way to go. But we’ll get there.

We’re doing a lot of internal testing to polish the thing up. We want get all of the balance right: tense without being crushing. The game system has a lot of innovative stuff (like the fort building/resource system), and we want to make sure all is clear to the player. And, of course, it’s a new engine, so we have a billion bugs to fix.

We hope to release the game to a small group of our regular beta testers very soon. Kickstarter backers who are in the closed beta will have to wait until the Windows port is done, in a couple of months.

We are also scrambling to get enough art together to announce the game official and put up the Steam page! Our goal for this is April. It’s later than it should be, but some games it takes longer to get art than others. Happily, the art is looking really good!

Kickstarter Backer Update

If you bought the ability to name something in the game or add a character, item, etc, these things need to be finalized. The game is almost done! The deadline for these is the end of March. If I hear from you after that, I’ll do what I can, but I can make no promises.

And thanks again to the backers for their ideas. I have been really surprised and pleased by how clever and innovative you were. It’s been some really good stuff, and I’ve enjoyed working it in.

A Screenshot!

Finally, I am immensely pleased to be able to show off a screenshot for the game. It shows off a lot more of the art, interface, and big scary monsters hiding in the dungeons. I’ll have a lot more to show soon. Enjoy!

- Jeff Vogel

786c00c227f47f427a3d705549f4207f_original.jpg

Fending off a rush of mire boars in one of the many dungeons. Each dungeon has its own unique tactical situation, and you will have to carefully manage your abilities and items to be victorious.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToddMcF2002

Educated
My feelings on the current activities of Jeff Vogel:

Fuck this game, I'm way more excited about this shit right here-

Remaster Geneforge, add a little more complexity to the combat and I'm good for the next 6 Spiderweb games (Geneforge Remaster 1-6).

Remastering Geneforge is a downgrade if I lose out of combat scout capabilities. Battle preparation is horribly compromised by that damn Avadon engine

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
WTF, why are the square tiles now horizontal-vertical instead of being rotated 45 degrees as 'diamond' squares? Looks so much worse than the previous games he's made. God damn it vogel

Doktor Best

Arcane
Well i guess its time to face the fact that Vogel suffers some kind of artistic dyslexia.

I still like his games though.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well let's see if his claim is fulfilled with these planned encounter.

Because encounter design has never been vogel's expertise.

I love geneforge, but the maps are mostly trash mobs, but each area usually have cool lore or NPC or loot to find.

He does improve imo, i avadon, i think the bosses at least in avadons are interesting and creative.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Queen's Wish March 2019 Update!
Posted by Spiderweb Software (Creator)

Another month of milestones. The world of Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror now has 5 of its 8 sections completed, including one entire storyline. This was particularly satisfying. After years of planning and development, we actually finished a thing!

Even better, we released the game to the first tiny group of beta testers. Our core Macintosh test group has been pummeling the game for a couple of weeks now. Many glitches have been fixed. Queen’s Wish is rapidly turning into an actual shippable product. (Backers who get the closed beta will still see it in a few months when the Windows port is done.)

We’re getting very close to bring art-complete. We have enough art to put together our Steam page and game announcement, which we still want ready by April.

We have also begun the enormous job of sound design. Though we didn’t reach the Hire a Professional Sound Designer tier, we are still going to make sure Queen’s Wish has the best sound of any of our games. We’ve licensed some new really nice sound libraries, and we’re in the process of picking through thousands of sounds, one at a time, to find the good ones.

Another Screenshot

We’re still assembling all the art we need for the trailer and official release. We’ve gotten a bunch of interface art in, and we’ve attached a shot of the training window.

See you in a month, when we’ll have a lot more to show!

- Jeff Vogel

1e6a3482d785bd80a7bb291a2d84e946_original.jpg

The training panel. You have access to almost 50 abilities, and you can improve them and swap them in and out when at your home base. You can alter your build to handle different regions and challenges.

FFS Jeff why is it so small

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it's Kickstarter's editor automatically resizing images. But yeah he could have link the original image hosted on some other place, like many other developers do on KS updates.

Ranarama

Learned
I like the look. He's learnt that isometric is a fucking pain if you're going to do tiles and turn based movement

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom