Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Luzur

Good Sir
THE EPIC COMMODORE C64 SID COLLECTION
EC64SC_Title_Image.gif

The Epic Commodore C64 SID Collection includes 640 minutes of our most favorite SID tunes from our youth. Painstakingly selected and lovingly arranged into hour-long sectors, these are the legendary melodies that have burned themselves deep into our brains.
The EC64SC aims to be a delight for the veteran C64 freak as well as today's millennial who loves chiptunes but has never even seen an 8-bit computer.
Press play, turn the volume up to 11 and get into the groove!

https://www.cosmos-c64.com/The-Epic...bxJOan7Qhp_5pRqlVhx34F7eBi0DHrgEmJVJCp3nybCIY

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just 30 years early. Now, hoes and bitches indeed use computers to look up on style and makeup videos, and to make men miserable.

Luzur

Good Sir
Cuba 1898 - A new Amiga game in development from Iron Gate

Another year is upon us, which means throughout 2019 we are sure to get even more games appearing on systems such as the Amiga, C64 or even the ZX Spectrum. Sure enough as in the case of the developer Iron Gate who created games such as The Zing, The Real Brus Lii and Mini Legión they have since announced a new game to take us into 2019 and that is Cuba 1898. A very early stage announcement of a game that has inspirations to Konami's late 80's game of Green Beret.

Although not much is know about the game so far, what we can say is the game is going to be an action platformer developed using Backbone with the ability to climb ladders, visit different areas and most likely shoot at enemies on screen. Originally the game didn't look to have any backgrounds shown in the pre-alpha video above, but since then has improved graphically with added clouds to give it that much more developed look.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/...rTGWQg3DEqKvAH-ShCgd-SFGCji2O1ascbGVn00wSHavE

Hard Copy Party - A new Adventure game in dev for the Amiga by AmigaWave/Jude Big Studio

If you were rather downbeat to learn that the unofficial game of Back to the Future Part III: Timeline of Monkey Island did not appear on the Amiga but was instead an Amiga inspired game launched on the PC, then this will cheer you up immensily. As we've been told in collaboration with AmigaWave and Jude Big Studio, that they are developing an 80's inspired Adventure game called Hard Copy Party, which yes will most certainly be released on the Amiga!

Trap Runner - Final version released of a rather charming Amiga game!

Only hours into New Years Day of 2019 and already we are getting some great Amiga news, as just recently we were told via our Commodore Amiga Facebook group, that Retroguru, who were behind games such as Sqrxz and Hermes, have released the final version of a charming Amiga Jump'N'Platformer called ' Trap Runner ', which was developed by Night OWL Design.

(CONTINUE READING)

The Kiwi's Tale - A commercial length platformer for A1200/CD32, a fan-sequel to The New Zealand story! [UPDATE]

You can just tell it's Christmas especially with all these fantastic games coming out at once. And sure enough as a Christmas gift to you all, Earok has released the A1200 and CD32 version of ' The Kiwi's Tale '; a commercial length platformer for the Amiga1200 and CD32, as a fan-sequel to The New Zealand story and itself an almost 1-1 conversion of a freeware PC title from the late 2000s. Earok has noted this game is partly an apology for not having completed AlarCity (yet), but it's also something he's wanted to bring to the Amiga for some time - as well as being an opportunity to train in new skills for Amiga game development.

Luzur

Good Sir
Digiloi - PETSCII game for the C64 looks incredible!

With the end of the year fast approaching, you'd be forgiven in thinking there would be a slow down in games being released seeing as the Christmas game rush had just ended. Well prepare to have your minds blown, as earlier today Dr. TerrorZ released his incredible PETSCII game for the C64 called ' Digiloi '; a highly impressive PETSCII game that is shockingly also an action platformer!

Aviator Arcade II - An awesome C64 shoot em up gets a full release

Even more fantastic news has appeared in our inbox, as RGCD has finally announced the commercial release of ' Aviator Arcade II ', a game by Mark Hindsbo, Saul Cross & Thomas Petersen, which originally appeared as Aviator Arcade in 2014 as a three level 16kb cart game for the RGCD annual c64 game development competition. This game was developed after much praise and feedback from the Aviator Arcade version, as RGCD set out to release a feature packed Aviator Arcade II that blew us away during both of its preview teasers.

The story begins with an unknown militarized terrorist unit, known as the X-Force, occupying the peaceful city of Suburbia. As the top pilot in the world's anti-terrorist squad the job of defeating the terrorists falls to you! Flying your state of the art attack helicopter you are sent into what seems to be a straight forward seek-and-destroy mission - but as the story unfolds it will become apparent that the X-Force's goal is more sinister than anyone could have imagined... So grab your joystick, save the world, and see if you can get that all-time high score!

Space Moguls - C64 game inspired by M.U.L.E is now available!

Protovision is kicking it up a notch this week as they have just announced the superb looking M.U.L.E inspired game called ' Space Moguls ', is now available to buy for the C64 as either a disk, cartridge or disk and cartridge based version, each in a beautiful box of goodies! This game coded by C-H Skårstedt‏ with music by Stein Pedersen and Ole-Marius Pettersen, is a top down grid based strategy game that has to 4 player support, graphical landscapes such as woodland areas and lakes, granting land, town with services, and droids that are available to give you that helping hand.

According to the description of this tribute to M.U.L.E which was originally created by Ozark Softscape. You play as one of four contestants that have got through to the last round who must travel by spaceship to a new planet, bringing only the minimum amount of supplies to survive as the battle takes place to become the ultimate Space Mogule. Just be aware this will be no small task as you'll need to produce food, energy, materials, and ore as the focus to create wealth... Oh and make sure to use the Droid!

Compatibility
Space Moguls runs on any standard C64 in space or onplanet (or C128 in C64 mode). It is compatible to PAL and NTSC computers. It is compatible to C64 mini.
It is compatible to 1541 Ultimate or SD2IEC. But it expects only one disk drive to be active.

Other Supported Hardware
Additional players can either use the keyboard or one of these multiplayer adapters: our own 4 player adapter, Poly.Play's Superpad or Unreal's Inception.

Luzur

Good Sir
Guy In A Vest - Commodore 64 game to be published in 2019 by RGCD and Psytronik!

Amiga, MSX or ZX Spectrum not doing it for you? Then have we got some great news for you C64 lot! As earlier today we were told on Facebook that the upcoming C64 game ' Guy in a Vest ', has not only been announced as being published by RGCD and Psytronik this year, but the game has got a brand new intro trailer to whet your appetite.
Q&A

Luzur

Good Sir
Ultima 7 (Exult) - Modern recreation gets an updated Amiga AGA/RTG release!

Image supplied by NovaCoder

In 1992, Origin Systems and designed by Richard Garriott released one of the best RPG's ever created, a game that even today can be enjoyed by many by downloading it from GOG website. It just had to be ' Ultima VII: The Black Gate ', the seventh instalment of the Ultima series of role-playing video games, with the designer even saying "was the most masterfully executed of the Ultima series. his own favorite instalment overall of all time". Well if you remember this game and more especially 'Exult' ; a project to recreate Ultima 7 for modern operating systems, using the game's original plot, data, and graphics files. You'll be pleased to know that same engine has once again been made available for the Amiga by NovaCoder, but this time with the most recent update of the Amiga AGA and RTG port build of Exult!
Source 2) Discussion - Thanks for the heads up Per-Ola Eriksson

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Compendium of Amiga World magazine images

1. Premiere:
  • Why Electronic Arts Is Committed to the Amiga (double-spread)
  • Amiga Creativity, Productivity, Multi-Tasking (3 pages)
  • Mindscape: Amiga Knocked Our Socks Off
  • Activision: Congratulations to Amiga Owners
  • Digital Canvas (3 pages)
  • Amiga: The Future Is Here!

2. November/December 1985 to May/June 1986
  • Infocom Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (double-spread)
  • Mindscape The Halley Project
  • Andy Warhol
  • Electronic Arts Presents 8 Good Reasons to Own an Amiga (double-spread)
  • How the Amiga Creates a Display
  • NewTek Digi-View
  • Commodore Amiga advertisement

3. July/August to November/December 1986
  • Digital Canvas Greg Johnson & Avril Harrison (5 pages)
  • Compuserve
  • Cinemaware games
  • Activision Hacker II
  • Accolade Mean 18
  • Gamestar Championship sports series
  • Why Electronic Arts Is Committed to the Amiga Part II: The Class of '86

4. January/February to May/June 1987
  • Bethesda Softworks Gridiron
  • Compuserve (double-spread)
  • Microprose Silent Service
  • Cinemaware games
  • Amiga 2000 (double-spread)
  • Microillusions The Faery Tale Adventure
  • Electronic Arts The Bard's Tale
  • The Juggler

5. July/August to December 1987
  • Newtek Digi-View
  • Cinemaware games
  • Gamestar Championship Baseball
  • Only the Amiga Makes It Possible (double-spread)
  • Commodore Amiga 2000
  • Accolade Test Drive
  • Microillusions Happy Holidays

6. January to April 1988
  • Alien Fires: 2199 AD
  • Origin Ultima IV
  • Mindscape games
  • Cinemaware Rocket Ranger
  • Cinemaware The Three Stooges
  • Examples of Drawing/Animation
  • Mindscape Harrier Combat Simulator
  • TeleWar
  • Microillusions Photon Paint

7. May to August 1988
  • Electronic Arts software (double-spread)
  • Actionware games
  • Crazy Cars
  • Rainbird Carrier Commando
  • X-Specs 3D
  • Mindscape Superstar Ice Hockey
  • Psygnosis Obliterator

8. October to December 1988
  • Hybris
  • Cinemaware games
  • Taito games
  • Mindscape Captain Blood
  • Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair
  • Cinemaware TV Sports Football
  • Sega Outrun (double-spread)
  • Typecasting (What is an RPG?)
  • Interplay Battle Chess
  • Origin Autoduel

9. January to March 1989
  • Sword of Sodan
  • Gold Disk Movie Setter & Comic Setter (double-spread)
  • Arcadia games
  • Origin Times of Lore
  • Spectrum Holobyte Falcon
  • Ringside
  • HAM: Color by the Numbers (double-spread)
  • Bethesda Softworks Wayne Gretzky Hockey
  • Spectrum Holobyte Tetris

10. April to June 1989
  • Mindscape Hostage
  • Kingdoms of England
  • Accolade The Duel: Test Drive II
  • VidTech Scanlock
  • Actionware Prison
  • Sega Thunder Blade
  • Electronic Arts Deluxe Paint III
  • NewTek DigiPaint 3
  • Psygnosis Blood Money
  • SSI Questron II & Demon's Winter

11. July to September 1989
  • Denaris
  • NewTek Digi-View Gold
  • Capcom Pocket Rockets
  • Taito Rambo III
  • GVP A3001
  • Microplay Pro Soccer
  • Impulse software
  • NewTek Digi-Paint 3
  • Silmarils Targhan

12. October to December 1989
  • Mindscape Gauntlet II
  • Sega Afterburner & Shinobi (double-spread)
  • F40 Pursuit Simulator
  • World Trophy Soccer
  • Amiga World games of the year (2 pages)
  • Battle Squadron
  • SSI Pool of Radiance, Heroes of the Lance, & Hillsfar
  • Don Bluth's Space Ace
  • GVP Amiga 500 expansion
  • Chief Concerns: Keep Your Distance from the Big Blue Crowd
  • Koei Romance of the Three Kingdoms
  • Digi-View Gold 4.0

13. January to April 1990
  • Persian Gulf Inferno
  • Ubi Soft Pro Tennis Tour
  • Ultra Games Metal Gear
  • Sega Turbo Out Run
  • Ultimate Golf Simulator
  • Ubi Soft games
  • Rings of the Medusa
  • Sega Altered Beast

14. May to August 1990
  • Interplay Future Wars
  • Draconian Drakkhen & Chamber of the Sci-Mutant Priestess (3 pages)
  • Commodore Amiga 3000
  • Tennis Cup
  • Koei Bandit Kings of Ancient China
  • NewTek Digi-View Gold

15. September to October 1990
  • Psygnosis Anarchy, The Killing Game Show, & Matrix Marauders
  • Heart of the Dragon
  • Commodore AmigaVision
  • Operation Spruance: The Naval Warfare Simulator
  • Dino Wars
  • GEnie (double-spread)
  • Psygnosis Shadow of the Beast II & The Killing Game Show
  • Digital Creations DCTV

16. November to December 1990
  • Wrath of the Demon
  • Psygnosis Carthage & Awesome
  • ABC's Monday Night Football
  • Winners in the Wings (Wonderland, PowerMonger, Shadow of the Beast II)
  • Spectrum HoloByte Falcon Operation Firefight
  • Spectrum HoloByte Flight of the Intruder
  • Digital Photo Compositing
  • Bethesda Softworks games
  • Psygnosis Obitus & Armour-Geddon
  • Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp
  • Overdrive

17. January to June 1991
  • Psygnosis Lemmings
  • Letter from Arthur C. Clarke
  • Amiga Graphics: The New Wave
  • The Amiga 3000 Tower
  • The Amiga 500 Epilogue
  • Commodore CDTV preview
  • Street Rod 2
  • Interplay Checkmate, Battle Chess, Battle Chess 2: Chinese Chess

18. July to October 1991
  • Psygnosis Amnios
  • Team Yankee
  • Tie Break
  • NewTek Video Toaster
  • HAM Mode painting example
  • DCTV 24-bit painting example
  • Microprose games

19. November to December 1991
  • Psygnosis Barbarian II
  • Space Ace II: Borf's Revenge
  • GVP Impact Vision 24 hardware and software
  • Impulse 24-bit graphics hardware and software
  • Bethesda Softworks Wayne Gretzky Hockey II & Hockey League Simulator
  • Microplay Midwinter II: Flames of Freedom
  • Psygnosis Oh No More Lemmings!

20. January to February 1992
  • Psygnosis Oh No More Lemmings!
  • International Sports Challenge
  • Fantastic Voyage
  • Caligari 2
  • Letter from Arthur C. Clarke
  • Microprose Greens
  • Bullfrog Populous II

21. March to September 1992
  • Psygnosis Ork & Agony
  • Microprose World Circuit
  • Guy Spy and the Crystals of Armageddon
  • DCTV Paint example
  • Toaster 2.0 artwork
  • Team Yankee II: Pacific Islands
  • Cyberscaping example
  • Hill Street Blues
  • Babylon 5
  • Psygnosis Air Support & Red Zone

22. November to December 1992
  • Psygnosis Shadow of the Beast III
  • Amiga 4000
  • Commodore Amiga 4000 (double-spread)
  • Caligari 24
  • Digital Creations Brilliance
  • DMA Design Lemmings 2: Tribes

23. January to November 1993
  • Amiga 1200
  • 24-bit artwork "Study"
  • Animation example
  • Digital Canvas (two pages)
  • Digital Creations Brilliance
  • Commodore CD32
  • Artwork "The Elf Works Museum"

24. December 1993 to April 1994
  • The New Amiga Games
  • All-Time Amiga Game Hits (3 pages)
  • NewTek Video Toaster 3.1
  • Editor's Drawer: Amiga Rules!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wow. Been a while since I've heard a .mod track.

Too bad modern players mess up the stereo playback of them.

Gerrard

Arcane
That game has great graphics for an ECS game (though it suffered slowdowns in some places), and had cool stuff like real time palette changes when you go into caves or underwater.

Luzur

Good Sir
Well, brothers, i finally got my Commodore (pbuh) setup done.

IMG-20190211-000605.jpg

Feels nice to finally have a dedicated corner for mah bois again, like in the olden days, and i sat for like 6 hours yesterday just loading old games, demoes and stuff.
Both computers have been recapped with new kits, and i even did some extra "anti-volt" mods on the C64, and is planning on buying a new PSU for both of them, since the old ones i have are going on 30 by now. I also went home and cleaned out all the discs i could find in my parents attic, ended up with 5 floppy boxes full, i had more but i guess they are lost, somehow.

I also bought one of these bad bois for the A500:

And is prob gonna do what he did in the video aswell, i have one of those old external floppy drives laying around, which is dead, that i can grab the case from.

49899457-10213256666916647-7528725873411751936-n.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Now that['s some hardcore retrogaming. My favorite Commodore computer was the C64. I played so many great games on it including my first RPGs - Battletech, Pool of Radiance, Dragon Wars, Ultima 6 (which I thought was a completely ruined experience on the C64 due to a ridiculous and unacceptable amount of disk swapping). A few years later I got an Amiga 500 but it just didn't compare to the fun factor of my C64 though admittedly I only played a few games on it before selling it to a local public access TV channel that used it as a video toaster. As for my C64, I remember being completely blown away by the title music to Neuromancer and digitized Devo. Sound-wise the C64 version of Neuromancer was far superior to the Amiga port though the Amiga had better graphics. It's so great to see this topic and all the new stuff still being produced for these old platforms.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why? they are out there, and cheap too (still), just save in a weekend of drinking and you can afford a A500 easy, not the nice looking ones with box and all though.
I don't drink and a weekend of drinking in Eesti is 30€ max.
The current bid on that is 70€ with 30€ shipping, it will probably be a lot more expensive when it reaches the last few hours.
I have the money on hand I just can't really bring myself to justify it too much.

Luzur

Good Sir
Why? they are out there, and cheap too (still), just save in a weekend of drinking and you can afford a A500 easy, not the nice looking ones with box and all though.
I don't drink and a weekend of drinking in Eesti is 30€ max.
The current bid on that is 70€ with 30€ shipping, it will probably be a lot more expensive when it reaches the last few hours.
I have the money on hand I just can't really bring myself to justify it too much.

Then join one of the groups on facebook and get one cheaper that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom