Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2018: Results & Cool Graphs

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Gosh! Congratulations to the winner and thank-you to felipepepe for all the work in putting this poll together. :hug: Another placement in the top ten for Game of the Year is great to see and with it winning goty from other well known outlets there is a bright future ahead for a third installment now that Microsoft is in the picture to help continue to grow the world. :salute: This is not the first time I have heard of Ghost of a Tale and the Pathfinder I will look into from pictures I have seen it looks like a bg style game and those are lots of fun.

Thanks,
Sherry

V_K

Arcane
Game of the Year
1st - Pathfinder: Kingmaker
2nd - Kingdom Come: Deliverance

First place, unfinished mess RTwP diarrhea. Second place, muh popamole imersum game.

A retarded system of evaluation with retarded votes will give retarded results. Who would have thought?
Well, here you can have your "non-retarded" popularity contest... oh wait, it has the same top 2, with the 3rd place being Deadfire instead of ATOM.

Deleted Member 22431

Well, here you can have your "non-retarded" popularity contest... oh wait, it has the same top 2, with the 3rd place being Deadfire instead of ATOM.
You mean, here we have a real poll, instead of an attempt to promote the opressed obscure gaems and dilute tradition the genre barrier. I will repeat what I said earlier, with retarded voters you have retarded results. RTwP activism is truly disgusting and makes me wanna vomit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You mean, here we have a real poll, instead of an attempt to promote the opressed obscure gaems and dilute tradition the genre barrier. I will repeat what I said earlier, with retarded voters you have retarded results. RTwP activism is truly disgusting and makes me wanna vomit.
*sniff* *sniff*
Whoa... do you smell that?

Dude... your butt is on fire!!!!

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Game of the Year
1st - Pathfinder: Kingmaker
2nd - Kingdom Come: Deliverance

First place, unfinished mess RTwP diarrhea. Second place, muh popamole imersum game.

A retarded system of evaluation with retarded votes will give retarded results. Who would have thought?
Who hurt you?

ArchAngel

Arcane

ArchAngel

Arcane

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The list of games this year have just hammered home the fact that I wait until a game is actually finished and playable (fully patched with all their DLCs) then forget that they were released and go play a game from the 80s-90s.
That happens...

Also, a look at my Steam wishlist tells me that way over 50% of games I put there are in early access and will likely be for who knows how long. Damn limbo...

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Holy balls, you guys!
Now I can't say I didn't feel the love, because I did, during the Kickstarter, and all of the development process, and after the release, and this morning, and five minutes ago, but I never knew there was so much of it, to put us right there in one list with the legendary chad sim!

Thank you so much! We will wear this fabulous GOTY badge proudly, and promise to link all our future projects with satisfying the crpg needs of the Codex, and bringing glory to Its name all across the net and the gaming world! I think I can even say that we made Atom possible together and not cringe at this phrase, because it's mostly true. This really made my day, both as an Atom dev and a proud KCD voter. Love you guys!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
DG on the 21st place...
No dungeon crawlers in top 20 among 2018 games...
Wait a second...

:despair:

If an adventure dungeon crawler game with light RPG elements is the highest-ranked game among new dungeon crawlers, you know this year sucks balls. At least we got some good ports and remasters.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Holy balls, you guys!
Now I can't say I didn't feel the love, because I did, during the Kickstarter, and all of the development process, and after the release, and this morning, and five minutes ago, but I never knew there was so much of it, to put us right there in one list with the legendary chad sim!

Thank you so much! We will wear this fabulous GOTY badge proudly, and promise to link all our future projects with satisfying the crpg needs of the Codex, and bringing glory to Its name all across the net and the gaming world! I think I can even say that we made Atom possible together and not cringe at this phrase, because it's mostly true. This really made my day, both as an Atom dev and a proud KCD voter. Love you guys!

Next game you release, release it in autumn if you want to win GotY on Dex :D
I think most people just didn't have enough time to play your game before year ended.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm surprised that Kingdom Come got second place over ATOM, but I suppose more people played that one (it might also be the better game, what do I know). Even so, I was sure that a well-received Fallout clone would beat a first-person whatever-it-is, however good.

Whatever, at least the only thing I played from this year won best DLC. :incline:
And great job with the graphs as always!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wonder if atom would have won if poll had been later.

We may never know.

I like the bubble graph, as always.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Honestly, after all the shitsandwich GOTY awards around the net, this one is by far the best one. All three TOP3 games are god damn great, much better than the usual popamole that gets voted for like monster hunters and gods of wars.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I didn't know so many people liked Ghost of Tale,didn't know it was and rpg too but these days everyone and their mothers are rpgs so...

Yeah, I'm really confused by this one too, being as the game doesn't have classes and then it proceeds to be stealth game. Some here are utterly adamant it's an RPG though, which confuses me greatly. I'm guessing the only reason felipepepe included it in the voting was because those who are weirdly shilling for it are doing so in that awkward psychopathic way that makes you worry for your loved one's lives if you try to ignore them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom