Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2018: Results & Cool Graphs

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sometimes interesting to take an annual glance at a couple of impressions on other sites

'The MCA revelations are why POE2 didn't win':
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=41847

'We don’t need a thread to discuss another forum’s opinions or community.' - Thread locked:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rpg-codex-goty-2018.94882
90% of that topic on resetera is about how they need to all boycott KCD and how 'Dex is full of Nazi :D

Which is funny because we only got one confirmed Nazi lover, the rest are just edgelords.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
'We don’t need a thread to discuss another forum’s opinions or community.' - Thread locked:

What a garbage site, some of them should take a good look in the mirror before talking shit about us. I mean, in their eyes having a jew emoticon on the Codex means that everyone on the site is a neo-nazi. How the fuck that makes sense? Oh wait, it makes perfect sense, that's why SJWs like to generalise and make mob attacks on a whole group, just because one person did a slightly offensive thing.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sometimes interesting to take an annual glance at a couple of impressions on other sites

'The MCA revelations are why POE2 didn't win':
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=41847

Buahahahahah it seems that SJW do buy games.....only the nazi games that is. I laugh my ass of on all those comments "KC is goty in my book,if you ignore the evul racism" or "KC is intolerant and bigoted,but it is great game"
Also finally someone that appreciates felipepepe 's voting system.
:lol::lol::lol:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
:negative:
Also fuck you felipepepe,they mock us for all the jap shit you included!
keikaku.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
New classic is a retarded oxymoron nonsense term. Give it 5 years and no one will be talking about pathfaggot, kingdom cum or ATOM: a post-modern reference game. Certainly no one will care about pillars of shit 2: deadseries. If on the off chance any of these games are still highly regarded and often recommended after about 15 years, then we can say they're classics, maybe (but they won't be).

New flavor of the year. :)

(just like D:OS among others :smug:)

Mortmal

Arcane
Deadfire still scored too highly, THIS SHIT IS RIGGED AND I WANT A RECOUNT :x

I really do need to pick up Atom RPG, it's just delayed a bit since I'm still chewing on Kingmaker and dicking around with other shit. And I am really surprised more people here played Kingmaker than Deadfire though, despite my shitflinging at it. Unsurprised at the Bard's Tale trilogy crushing it though since that is really fucking well done.
Of course it's rigged like previous poll with POE shining like a golden sun over a sea of RPG. It doesn't deserve controversial classic tag, its just average, and really nothing controversial. Had they a decent pen and paper system and great story tellers the game could have been salvaged. Technically its perfect, run well, pretty, there's undoubtedly skilled people working at obsidian Microsoft gamepass shovelware department but it's boring especially after playing that bugged piece of shit of russian garbage that is kingmaker beating it on every aspects.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
Also fuck you felipepepe,they mock us for all the jap shit you included!

Blame those who voted for those games.

Hitler considered the Japanese as the "honorary Aryans". Obviously some in the Codex share this view:troll:
Sure,but he didn't let them make a colony next to Berlin. And you can't blame the unwashed masses outside the codexian wall for voting in support of jap shit,they are barbaric savages.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Only started playing Lurking II late in the year, and lacking the necessary time to enjoy it postponed it for further on.
I gotta remark, however, my puzzlement at the lack of attention it got from the codex, of all places. What little I saw, was of great quality; if any game on the list has the bearings of a future "classic", that's the one.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I really do need to pick up Atom RPG, it's just delayed a bit since I'm still chewing on Kingmaker and dicking around with other shit. And I am really surprised more people here played Kingmaker than Deadfire though, despite my shitflinging at it. Unsurprised at the Bard's Tale trilogy crushing it though since that is really fucking well done.
Of course it's rigged like previous poll with POE shining like a golden sun over a sea of RPG. It doesn't deserve controversial classic tag, its just average, and really nothing controversial. Had they a decent pen and paper system and great story tellers the game could have been salvaged. Technically its perfect, run well, pretty, there's undoubtedly skilled people working at obsidian Microsoft gamepass shovelware department but it's boring especially after playing that bugged piece of shit of russian garbage that is kingmaker beating it on every aspects.
Even in the number of bugs!

Viata

Arcane
Only started playing Lurking II late in the year, and lacking the necessary time to enjoy it postponed it for further on.
I gotta remark, however, my puzzlement at the lack of attention it got from the codex, of all places. What little I saw, was os great quality. If any game on the list has the bearings of a future "classic", that's the one.

It's not RTWP nor it have cool graphics and Avelone had no input in the game, thus, Codex ignore it.

Mortmal

Arcane

Even in the number of bugs!
There's not one game in my gaming history beating it at that. Kingmaker should have been disqualified , a contender for 2019-2020 , not 2018.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
nor it have cool graphics
Strongly disagree. It has some of the best RPG pixel art I've ever seen.
I was joking, man. I love that game, including the graphics.
I wouldn't have minded giving it a try,graphics are not an important part for an RPG. But they decided to go for the shitty graphics from the time of toaster PCs on purpose. It just shows that it is an edgy hipster shit on purpose. Many systems were dropped out the game development for a good reason. You can still have a old school rpg without liquefying your eyeballs!

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Lurking II is really, REALLY ugly. It looks worse than Exile 1.

You can go back further than that; I think it's far behind Ultima V in terms of aesthetics. It's really a great showcase of the "graphics don't matter" approach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom