Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Wubba lubba dub dub, fellow gamers.
I'm pickle Atomboy, here to say we're FINALLY on GOG!

Okay, you got me, I was trying to mask my sincere happiness with those memes just now. Really, how cool is that?!
https://af.gog.com/game/atom_rpg_postapocalyptic_indie_game?as=1649904300
GOG! And they made us a page and everything! So cool! Like, to get on Steam you just pay some money and you're on Steam! But to be on GOG you actually need to have a descent game, so they'd approach you and ask would you like to be on GOG!
I know this is happening, but still, it's so damn awesome!!!
Jeez! First the Codex GOTY, now this. I can't keep myself from laughing and flailing about! Damn!

GOG, you guys!!! Atom is on GOG! Like all those other cool games! Not the anime visual novel ones, the old RPG ones! So damn cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Okay, you got me, I was trying to mask my sincere happiness with those memes just now. Really, how cool is that?!
GOG! And they made us a page and everything! So cool! Like, to get on Steam you just pay some money and you're on Steam! But to be on GOG you actually need to have a descent game, so they'd approach you and ask would you like to be on GOG!
Jeez! First the Codex GOTY, now this. I can't keep myself from laughing and flailing about! Damn!

GOG, you guys!!! Atom is on GOG! Like all those other cool games! Not the anime visual novel ones, the old RPG ones! So damn cool!
Do your backers get keys or what.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Do your backers get keys or what.
As soon as I get them! It's a bit harder than on Steam, hopefully it's gonna happen this week.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Cheers Atomboy! Very glad your cooperation with GOG worked out!

As promised, tonight I am buying your game on GOG. My first day 1 purchase since 2015.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Cheers Atomboy! Very glad your cooperation with GOG worked out!

As I promised, tonight I am buying your game on GOG. My first day 1 purchase since 2015.
Thank you!!

Yannos

Educated
Congrats on getting on GOG. You guys deserve it!

Just finished it today myself;Clocked in around 36 hrs according to steam. Character was level 17 I believe.
Small minor nuisances in the play-through but overall it's fantastic. The ending zone was a little ridiculous though (the last battle in fact)... As a Lone Wolf with only the dog as a companion I had to be drugged out of my eyeballs to even have a chance! Which is honestly a funny visualisation ... a guy with an LMG storming in having injected every drug known to man in his veins and having a bellyful of beets, onions and milk.

Looking forward to the DLC / Mod scene!

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron

Finally - purchased as promised :salute:

Of course you had to wait and release it just as I'm leaving on a trip and won't be able to play for a few days :rage:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah I know, but I was eager to see how did their tester go solo through the game with melee. Speechcraft. Dude never even tried to do it through combat. You cannot possibly go through all the though combat as a melee, and those 300hp crits are pure bullshit. Maybe he did crit for 300, but it was probably on the god damn rat or wasp. Thank god I used companions for some time so they are leveled up enough to use good snipers and have the best equipment possible, otherwise I'd be screwed as fuck much before institute bunker.
Yeah, I couldn't duplicate that build myself. Melee with buddies - sure, but solo melee? It takes a crazy person.

I solo game on expert with automatic weapons. With melee - its just too hard.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Party runs are way easier overall.
This is due to how the enemy AI always go for the closest target.

If you have 3 riflemen in your team, you can simply take turns taking hits by having one of them moving one tile closer to the enemy.
Next turn, pull that guy back and have another take the shot. Rotate as needed.

Also, I finally got the dog at level 13. :lol: It's only level 1, so it's harder to keep it alive. Maybe dev should make the encounter more consistent.
I was going to dismiss it, but the Dog doesn't trigger Lone Wolf Penalty, so it's somewhat useful.
Put it in front of me as a living shield, then tell it to run behind me at the start of turn 2.
Dog can't self-heal in combat, that's why it's not as good as the rest of the party.
Now I need a helmet and body armor for it.

Propose change:
Food usage shouldn't heal. Instead, it should increase the Regeneration factor for X hours to improve resting time.
What messes up the mid-game economy is when you start substituting stim-packs with food, there's just no sense of cost anymore. I hardly use stims outside combat.

And when you rest in the world map, always teleport the character back to the fireplace when they wake up. This is to prevent easy escape from random encounters.

Also: Are stims too cheap in this game?
I recall in Fallout, stims and super stims are pretty costly to get. You can't even get a super stim for the price of a 10mm pistol. But in this game, first village? 1 stim = 50 rubles. That's really nothing. Milk a cow twice and you got it.

Last edited:

jaelkeiset

Educated
WTF, I'm usually well informed, but this game came out of the nowheres of nowhere so hard. I swear I did not sleep. How is that even. A watcher had to come along and recommend it to me. wat

RK47

Patron
Yeah but it's a living cover that I can use to stand in front of me in combat.

Deleted Member 22431

Not worth the hassle. Let's be honest, you use the dog because you want a companion.

In a solo run it still sips your XP and lowers your stealth...
I don't know about lowering the stealh, but it affects the XP. One of the best things about solo is that you level faster. The dog eats your XP and dies all the time. He is only good to kill insects and other animals, but even then you need heal it with food countless times.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
I don't know about lowering the stealh, but it affects the XP. One of the best things about solo is that you level faster. The dog eats your XP and dies all the time. He is only good to kill insects and other animals, but even then you need heal it with food countless times.
You begin the encounter based on lowest stealth in party, so you could be out of combat and reposition yourself, but the dog will actually provoke them to start already engaged and surrounded. You'd have to drag it along and level it up to match your skill. Meh, just dump it in RF.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not worth the hassle. Let's be honest, you use the dog because you want a companion.
The dog really is unfortunately hard to keep alive.
Even with full armor, his armor is worse than best human armor. And since dodge in this game basically doesn't exist...

The dog CAN be somewhat useful due to his high chance to knock people over (and with some perks can certainly deal nice damage).
But due to the AI, it behaves like a tank when it really, really shouldn't.

Of course, I get it. It is a dog. You can't realistically expect tactical combat thinking.
Still... don't give me a dog if it then is so fucking hard to not have it die (and it doesn't even run away on low health, nobody does...). I don't care about human life, but I cannot let a dog die.

RK47

Patron
That's fine. Full RPD burst killed 3 goys at once That was beautiful. 15 shots, 10 hits. 5 on one guy, 3 on another, 2 on the last. Best melee weapon ever.

OK, so without any armor on, I got 6% DR from Ghostly protection.

tpvqKh1.jpg

With body armor on, I got 45% DR

FBN2JzA.jpg

How do you calculate this?

45 - 6 = 39

Are you saying that the Oaken skill DR bonus is merely 10% of what you equip and not a flat 10% addition?

Kdy5oxH.jpg

Meaning:

35 + 6 = 41 + (10% x 41) = DR 45%?

Damn. That's fucking low for a lot of ability points. And I don't even notice a +1 on DT so that +10% Protect from Damage is pretty useless.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

Even with full armor, his armor is worse than best human armor. And since dodge in this game basically doesn't exist...
They should improve the dog armor, improve his attacks and improve his dodge skill.

Another suggestion: in conjunction with Technology, high investement in Tinkering should allow the player to construct top gear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom