Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II turn-based mode confirmed, coming January 24th

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It's funny how this changes nothing

Their core systems are still anti-game by design
Setting is a bland and derivative copy-paste of D&D, writing is cringeworthy

I dont believe RTwP is the biggest problem, there are games which are RTwP and that didn't stop them from being good. Anyway, this radical post-release decision only shows how desperate they are to change something, guess it goes on sale too :lol::lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
the developers realized that there’s room to evolve beyond nostalgia
:lol: the irony

This can't be right either, and contradicts what was in the leaked version. Different spells should have different cast times.​
Maybe the leaked version was... streamlined for consoles (tm)?

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
449715578.jpg

12883.jpg

800px-Deadfire_seekerslayersurvivor_screenshot_firetitan.jpg

1542125719_belranga.jpg

PE2_Kraken_2.png

PE2_Nemnok_the_Devourer.png

PE2_Engwithan_Titan.png

PE2_Soul_Collector.png

662px-20180703154241_1.jpg

326px-20180925174846_1.jpg

h4x7BaQ.jpg

pillars20220bird20dragon.png

hqdefault.jpg

ss_e44c08bd6c595ca5c3e92948ab925859032cb65f.600x338.jpg

662px-20181217140047_1.jpg

2 hours 26 minutes into this video:

Such an amazing example of innovative boss fights.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
That's why I didn't include him in the montage. Huami o Whe is the lamest boss in the game.

Tigranes

Arcane

I dont believe RTwP is the biggest problem, there are games which are RTwP and that didn't stop them from being good. Anyway, this radical post-release decision only shows how desperate they are to change something, guess it goes on sale too :lol::lol:

"Turning the game turn-based doesn't fix the shitty setting!!!!!!"

Glad you cleared that up for us bro

Sharpedge

Prophet
miss 7 damage no pen graze miss buff+5%

visceral TB

probably amazing with 2000 hp bosses
Even better when fighting a giant boss ooze that splits into small oozes on death which recombine into a full hp major ooze if you do not perma CC or instant kill them. The true pinnacle of game design.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

"Turning the game turn-based doesn't fix the shitty setting!!!!!!"

Glad you cleared that up for us bro
Good job ignoring everything else in my post then. You are a true champion of reading comprehension

Tigranes

Arcane
I think it's funny that a company goes out and gives the game a TB mode nobody expected, and it's apparently a "desperate" move that achieves nothing positive

If every RPG in the world got a free TB mode it would be a pretty cool world even if that didn't fix any of the other problems with those RPGs

Like almost every fantasy is a copy+paste and derivative of LoTR.

Thane Solus

Arcane
I am sure they did this because they love TB combat and feedback from players, not because:

"Pillars of Eternity 2 will be released on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in 2019."

serveimage

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think it's funny that a company goes out and gives the game a TB mode nobody expected, and...

But.. but.. m-m-m-muh company... yeah they are totally doing this for you
young-man-giving-a-reassuring-smile-wearing-aviator-sunglasses-isolated-BNFKPT.jpg

How it really went down:

A: We are selling at 0.08x the rate of the first game, cant even cover production costs and we're pretty much fucked financially, better do something fast guys

B: How about we ship to consoles?

C: How do you expect RTwP to work with a joypad? We would need a turn-based mode or something

A: chop chop boys

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
C: How do you expect RTwP to work with a joypad? We would need a turn-based mode or something
like dragon age

How about like PoE? The first game was released on consoles in 2017.

You have to applaud luj1's authenticity though, he is truly so thoroughly disgusted by everything PoE that he can't bring himself to learn anything about it

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I honestly wish it was more copy-paste of D&D, it would mean simple stereotypical fantasy characters and Gods I could get along. In here there are only shitty fantasy shark people and black Italians. A shame the Eothan and religious conflict deal was really good. You know it takes a special kinda of person to make a setting even more trash than dirty muh dark fantasy Dragonage.

Tyranny also had issues but at least it was trying something.

Tigranes

Arcane
I think it's funny that a company goes out and gives the game a TB mode nobody expected, and...

But.. but.. m-m-m-muh company... yeah they are totally doing this for you

How it really went down:

A: We are selling at 0.08x the rate of the first game, cant even cover production costs and we're pretty much fucked financially, better do something fast guys

B: How about we ship to consoles?

A: chop chop boys

1/ Why would anyone think a company does something for them? That's not what a fucking company does.
2/ Why the fuck do I care what their ~feelings~ are when they are doing it?

I could not give two shits about what t-shirts Sawyer wears or how much they earned from the game or any of this retarded shit. Adding an optional TB mode to Deadfire improves the quality of the game. It does not fix the many other flaws, because duh. End of.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Because its an addition™? So if they added Battle Royale mode that would "improve quality" too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom