Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Big Wrangle

A review bombing that lasts for like 2 hours while said bombers end up playing the whole game instead of refunding. :smug:
The average "vote with muh wallet" gamer is more interested in 'heroism' points and bandwagons than practising what they preach.

ADL

Prophet
In case anyone is interested, it's confirmed Metro Exodus will have Denuvo (say so on its Steam page). This is quite annoying since you can get the first two Metro games DRM-free on places like GOG and the Humble Store. I guess something changed since those releases.
I think they'll do the classic case of Denuvo's "initial sales months protection." Once that window is done with, they'll remove it and watch everyone lap it up.
You mean the exception rather than the rule?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo#List_of_games_using_Denuvo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo#List_of_games_formerly_using_Denuvo

I wouldn't count on it anyways.
F12230F0782AF00642130DD0E5F898F72698A435

mNGXMB7.jpg

Meh... people like to make a big deal of of Denuvo, but it's never affected any games I've played. This will still be a Day 1 purchase for me.

You really want to put your purchases in the hands of the people who created and abandoned SecuROM after only six years and back at the mercy of the publishers who have a vested interest in selling you the same game twice? Well alright then.

Last edited:

Big Wrangle

Like I said, most of those people will either still buy anyway, or never planned to and want to look epic. Then if the game doesn't sell that well, they'll use their galaxy brain to claim Denuvo is the scapegoat and ignore the game launched in a crowded release day, fighting the (totally DRM-free) latest Far Cry, Crackdown 3, and that anime Jump Force game.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Or the third option - the game is underwhelming on its own. The "summer" chapter already discredits Metro Exodus with retarded enemy AI and weak lighting. And the lack of sidequests - that's not how you deliver "next, better STALKER than old STALKER".

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Metro 2033 was p. decent linear cinematic QTE corridor shooter. The player has next to no agency and the whole thing revolves around how well the player likes the plot. I thought it was p. decent in 2033, hence a p. decent game.

Metro Last Light... well it's the same deal. You like the plot, you like the game. I did not like the plot of Last Light at all.

My patience for the lore, game world, movitations of characters is wearing thin, and Artyom being a chosen one does not help. Apart from being the chosen one, he has no character traits in the games and no agency.

Metro games seem to come out in tandem with new Nvidia gimmick techs more than market demand.

Metro 2033 comes out right after Nvidia buys Physx.
Metro Last Light comes out right after Advanced PhysX and even gets a dedicated page on Jensen's website.
Metro Exodus comes out right after RTX raytracing.

Is 4A a games an actual studio or are they the Nvidia demo shop?
mystery.png
mystery.png
mystery.png

After Last Light, I lost all interest in the series. I'll pass on Exodus.

ADL

Prophet
Like I said, most of those people will either still buy anyway, or never planned to and want to look epic. Then if the game doesn't sell that well, they'll use their galaxy brain to claim Denuvo is the scapegoat and ignore the game launched in a crowded release day, fighting the (totally DRM-free) latest Far Cry, Crackdown 3, and that anime Jump Force game.
Sure, but I won't and that's a far more tangible loss than the potential losses because the piracy boogeyman. Back before GDPR killed SteamSpy's accurate number of owners of a particular title, we had the numbers and they sure as shit weren't showing millions of pirates buying these games because they were uncracked. That's the narrative right? Protection during the initial launch period results in tons of sales? Well it doesn't, but you know what we do have? Evidence of a spike of sales when it's removed (which isn't done often).

In fact, they were often being outperformed by Steamworks DRM games which had day one cracks.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Or the third option - the game is underwhelming on its own.

No way, it's automatically awesome and if it doesn't do well it's anyone's fault but that of the game. :roll:

But yes, I also agree with what that faggot said that many people are just full of bullshit. All righteous on the surface while buying every new fucking shit AAA game.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Looks like they're doubling down with trailers for each weapon "class". This one highlights the ability to change the Kalash from an AK-47 into an RPK among other things, which is pretty neat.

I was a bit concerned as a few others were that there were going to be no more weapons than the 10 they showed in the previous weapons trailer, but they tweeted this in reply to one such comment:

I hope they aren't playing word games and using "options" to refer to different attachment setups for the same weapons, though.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm fine with losing old weapons, there were too many of them before. No point in having 10 assault rifles with similar stats.

This bullpup rifle seem to replace VSV (as a long ranged full-auto intermediate cartridge rifle).
Valve replaces that 12.7mm rifle from Last Light (what was the point of having two powerful sniper rifles anyway, it's not like there is a need for anti-materiel weapon in the game).
No point in having Saiga or Abzats now that Shambler can be upgraded with box/belt magazine too.

RoSoDude

Arcane
I'm fine with losing old weapons, there were too many of them before. No point in having 10 assault rifles with similar stats.

This bullpup rifle seem to replace VSV (as a long ranged full-auto intermediate cartridge rifle).
Valve replaces that 12.7mm rifle from Last Light (what was the point of having two powerful sniper rifles anyway, it's not like there is a need for anti-materiel weapon in the game).
No point in having Saiga or Abzats now that Shambler can be upgraded with box/belt magazine too.

I agree if we're just talking minor assault rifle variants. I just hope they have some surprises in store, like more special weapons. 10 weapons isn't a bad number, but you don't want the arsenal to run out of steam too early.

Temenos

Literate
Or the third option - the game is underwhelming on its own.

No way, it's automatically awesome and if it doesn't do well it's anyone's fault but that of the game. :roll:

But yes, I also agree with what that faggot said that many people are just full of bullshit. All righteous on the surface while buying every new fucking shit AAA game.
Although I agree that the typical gamer is not capable of being consistent in their outrage, we're not all walking clichés.

I'm old(er). I don't buy many games anymore due to increased responsibilities, reduced free time and having "see it all" to the point where most games just aren't that interesting. But since we have so many choices for entertainment nowadays, it's easy for someone like me to be happy to put extra stipulations on the games I buy (e.g. no Denuvo) because if I don't play a game that has it, big fucking deal. Most gamers are kids though and don't have the luxury of being selective (or man-children, which is probably worse).

Maybe they'll remove Denuvo eventually for us annoying pricks - it happens sometimes. Nothing wrong with being patient.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I bet the overwhelming majority of people who complain about denuvo do so because they can't pirate the game at release, it's that simple.

I buy most of my games on the ps4, and those that I do buy on pc I couldn't care less about what drm they are running, be it steam, origin or uplay.

I expect more activity on the valkyria chronicles 4 now that its pirated.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL don't get surprised when your game doesn't sell well if you make it for that 5% of PCs out there. Those requirements are beyond retarded,won't even bother pirating this shit,let them suck a fad nigga dick!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom