Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire Manual Version 1.0 Online Now Review Version)

Latro

Arcane
I have modeled characters in the game after figures from Rudyard Kipling, Ambrose Bierce, Kafka and Emily Dickinson. I have been strongly influenced by H.G. Wells, H.P. Lovecraft, Fritz Leiber and dozens of others in my design of the scenario and the narrative. It is the result of hundreds of thousands of hours of reading, including the Western pantheon and all the other books they tell us are not worth indulging anymore. When I came to write Grimoire, I was drawing upon a deep well of characters and ideas I had gathered over the course of my lifetime. Grimoire hardly constitutes the bulk of my notions, it is merely my first really serious attempt to implement them in a well formed open world game.

that's a beautiful manifesto

Deleted Member 16721

Good stuff Cleve. Just reading about the skills, professions and races makes me want to play.

Deleted Member 16721

Would be cool if Lycanthropy was just a werewolf berserk mode that could be utilized to your advantage. Any reason you didn't want to go that route Cleve?

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
Fantastic! Despite being an original campaign backer I have been waiting for the manual to start my playthrough. Now it seems I can directly jump into V2.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Racial mana regen is not listed, is this intended? it *is* very important for choosing a caster race

edit: nonetheless, well done.

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
I have modeled characters in the game after figures from Rudyard Kipling, Ambrose Bierce, Kafka and Emily Dickinson. I have been strongly influenced by H.G. Wells, H.P. Lovecraft, Fritz Leiber and dozens of others in my design of the scenario and the narrative. It is the result of hundreds of thousands of hours of reading, including the Western pantheon and all the other books they tell us are not worth indulging anymore. When I came to write Grimoire, I was drawing upon a deep well of characters and ideas I had gathered over the course of my lifetime. Grimoire hardly constitutes the bulk of my notions, it is merely my first really serious attempt to implement them in a well formed open world game.

that's a beautiful manifesto

Been a long journey from reading books under that bridge to publishing the Grimoire manual, here's to this and future works.
:salute:

A recurrent theme present in my ideas about the world from a young age is the notion that humans often try to fix a world that isn’t broken and doesn’t need any intervention by them. In doing so they always manage to make things much worse, even intolerable and they don’t know how to recover what they didn’t appreciate they had. I have always believed that humans often have just enough brains to get themselves into dire straits they do not correspondingly have the brains to get themselves out of. This cycle is repeated in history until it is the rule, not the exception. Why shouldn’t the same mistakes be made in the mythical land of Hyperborea?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Racial mana regen is not listed, is this intended? it *is* very important for choosing a caster race

Well, there are two slow races (humans and drows), two fast ones (feyfolk and aeorb) and two really fast ones (barrower and wolfin) regarding mana regeneration.

And yeah, congratulations on finally finishing Grimoire for good. With the manual complete and almost all bugs ironed out, the GOG release should go much smoother.

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS TO CREATE NEW CHARACTER

This chart is defective (or is it my browser?)

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The manual should categorize spells based on which character classes can use them. This would make planning a party much easier.

People already wrote all that down:

http://grimoire.wiki/index.php/Spells#All_Spells_by_Class_.28complete.29

I guess that might belong in the phonebook-sized hint manual though.

This stuff should be in the manual though. Game manual should be the primary source of info regarding the game like in the olden days.

Jazz_

Arcane
Well, there are two slow races (humans and drows), two fast ones (feyfolk and aeorb) and two really fast ones (barrower and wolfin) regarding mana regeneration.

And yeah, congratulations on finally finishing Grimoire for good. With the manual complete and almost all bugs ironed out, the GOG release should go much smoother.

3 out of 5 of my casters are humans and drows and yeah their mana regen sucks but it's not THAT big a deal. (not yet at least). My vampyr necromancer has fast mana regeneration btw, I guess they can be grouped with the fast regen races.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom