Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Trust me, low hitpoints is a curse that will plague you into the endgame. You will ALWAYS want your casters to have enough HP so they survive at least one hit. Many of the nastiest late game foes have attacks that cannot be reflected, don't require line of sight (so invisibility does not help) and are difficult to gain resistance against. So when they smack your backline for 50 points of damage...

Efe

Erudite
lv5 fey wiz 19 hp
lv6 barrower sage 15 hp.
are these unusable? i was planning to multiclass at least once anyway but should i savescumfor every level up? keep getting low hp, low skill points

Gunnar

Arbiter
You really want to multiclass to amass hit points at the very least. If you don't, your backliners will be getting one-shotted constantly by the end game.

Optimal multiclass paths to reach the desired end class:

MET-BER-RAN-WAR
MET-BER-RAN-WAR-PIR
RAN-WAR-BER
MET-WAR-BER-RAN
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-ASS
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-JES
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-SAG-CLE
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-SAG-CLE-TEM
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG-THA-NEC-WIZ
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG-WIZ-THA-NEC
MET-WAR-BER-RAN-THI-BAR-CLE-SAG-WIZ-NEC-THAU

Gunnar

Arbiter
ı wouldnt call that optimal.. rather maximal?

You don't have to go crazy, start wherever in the chain you want. If you're making a WIZ/NEC/THAU, I'd recommend at least starting from SAG and going from there.

GandGolf

Augur
lv5 fey wiz 19 hp
lv6 barrower sage 15 hp.
are these unusable? i was planning to multiclass at least once anyway but should i savescumfor every level up? keep getting low hp, low skill points

Save scumming is an absolute must if you want to get maximum benefit on level up. If you do then it is also advisable to stagger the XP points of each of your party members so that you don't have two of them gaining a level at the same time.

Plus this really helps getting you close to those 300 promised hours of play through time.

Bohr

Arcane
lv5 fey wiz 19 hp
lv6 barrower sage 15 hp.

Save scumming is an absolute must if you want to get maximum benefit on level up. If you do then it is also advisable to stagger the XP points of each of your party members so that you don't have two of them gaining a level at the same time.

Plus this really helps getting you close to those 300 promised hours of play through time.
So have you bought it yet?
:M

Bohr

Arcane

It is very tempting, but I find Cleve's racist views too abhorrent to support. If it ever goes on Humble Bundle though I may be likely to get it and deem all the money go to the NAACP or some other charity that helps fight racism.

Ah yes, that butthurt over his 'views'. So your hundreds of gameplay-related posts on here and the Steam forums are based on the pirated version """walkthroughs""", now I remember :lol:

Last edited:

GandGolf

Augur

It is very tempting, but I find Cleve's racist views too abhorrent to support. If it ever goes on Humble Bundle though I may be likely to get it and deem all the money go to the NAACP or some other charity that helps fight racism.

Ah yes, that butthurt over his 'views'. So the hundreds of gameplay-related posts on here and the Steam forums are based on the pirated version """walkthroughs""", now I remember :lol:

If I had pirated the game I wouldn't be asking Cleve to be making an updated demo. While it is very tempting I must resist the urge as piracy is immoral and only hurts small independent game developers like Spiderweb Software and others.

If some generous person were to legitimately gift me a Steam Key on the other hand I would only feel bad for supporting Cleve and my conscience would demand that I donate the 10$ price to charity.

Last edited:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
where is my gog version?
Next friday.

giphy.gif

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm not going to be savescumming for hitpoints, fuck that

I will take time at the start to ensure I set my party up right, though

I'm not multiclassing this time, next time maybe

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

This illustrates what UTTER SCUMBAGS all SJWs are. They are the biofilm that gathers on the underside of Satan's testicles.

Gandgolf participating in a forum discussing a game he pirated but didn't want to pay for because .... "blah blah something about blah blah something?"

S C U M

Generic-Giant-Spider

Cleveland's views are what made me buy it in the first place.

GandGolf

Augur

This illustrates what UTTER SCUMBAGS all SJWs are. They are the biofilm that gathers on the underside of Satan's testicles.

Gandgolf participating in a forum discussing a game he pirated but didn't want to pay for because .... "blah blah something about blah blah something?"

S C U M

That was a rather sneaky method you chose to fight piracy, making the game a buggy mess that is in constant need of patches to fix the problems. This assures that the pirates will never have the most stable version. Of course the paying customers suffer to, but you don't care about them, right?

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

S C U M

That was a rather sneaky method you chose to fight piracy, making the game a buggy mess that is in constant need of patches to fix the problems. This assures that the pirates will never have the most stable version. Of course the paying customers suffer to, but you don't care about them, right?

You're banned over at the community forum. You're not welcome anywhere with anything having to do with Grimoire. You are too pathetic to be playing a good blobber like this. PM me and I will send you .99 cents so you can get SHOWERING WITH DAD and then I want you to go away from this forum and never return. You make me sick, little man. You are a wretched depraved little manboon. I don't want you soiling my game with your greasy, diseased, yellowing cigarette stained hobbit fingers.

What kind of dirtbag plays a pirated game for over a year and complains about the quality?

You are the cheese that forms around a prolapsed anus, Gandgolf.

GandGolf

Augur
You're banned over at the community forum. You're not welcome anywhere with anything having to do with Grimoire. You are too pathetic to be playing a good blobber like this. PM me and I will send you .99 cents so you can get SHOWERING WITH DAD and then I want you to go away from this forum and never return. You make me sick, little man. You are a wretched depraved little manboon. I don't want you soiling my game with your greasy, diseased, yellowing cigarette stained hobbit fingers.

What kind of dirtbag plays a pirated game for over a year and complains about the quality?

Does this mean the promised updated demo with savegame compatibility with the full game that you promised won't be happening anymore?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Does this mean the promised updated demo with savegame compatibility with the full game that you promised won't be happening anymore?

Where was a guy like you going to come up with $10, anyway?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom