Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

GrainWetski

Arcane
So what's the Kodex Konsensus on this after a few months?

All the reviews seem incredibly butthurt about not being able to respec (which would make all your character build choices pointless anyway, like D:OS 2), and Sawyerists bitching about MUH BALANCE :balance:
16644.png

So was PoE :negative:
That's not true at all..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FShcGPfPJ8q4jI5WXAOTtndCBg/edit#gid=297034668
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-goty-2015-results.107369/

ArchAngel

Arcane
I did the Blakemore fight for the first time at lvl 14,
Shiiit, this was a tough fight. Probably toughest so far. Even first battle vs Sirotek and two rape archers I considered hard and then Sirotek kept healing and summoning shit. The hardest part of this fight was because I could not prebuff since I chose the option to help finish the book and 8h pass or something. Also I had to spend most of the battle in slow mode and it felt like playing PoE instead of BG because everyone kept doing their thing in their initiative and I wanted to be most effective but I guess since battles like these are not common it is OK. If this game had a TB mode, this battle would have been super awesome

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, you convinced me. Despite being based on Unity, the literal AIDS, cancer and Hitler of gaming, I bought the GOG version. Now for the massive download.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
From the v1.2 feedback thread on Steam:
I can't get past the opening screen. The game loads then I'm looking at the Pathfinder Kingmaker logo, then...nothing. Task manager ays not responding and the crashhandler is running. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling tried running in compatability mode I've got over 300 hours in the game and now it won't run.
The thread is already 7 pages long - mostly reports of crashes and broken quests.

But never worry, kids, the Jebus patch 1.3 will certainly fix all remaining microissues.

:troll:

[Edit]: OK, in all seriousness, I think that Owlcat does deserve some credit for trying. They don't give up and release patches but I wonder how long it'll take them to make this game comfortably playable (if it'll ever happen at all).

Sharpedge

Prophet
Shiiit, this was a tough fight. Probably toughest so far. Even first battle vs Sirotek and two rape archers I considered hard and then Sirotek kept healing and summoning shit. The hardest part of this fight was because I could not prebuff since I chose the option to help finish the book and 8h pass or something. Also I had to spend most of the battle in slow mode and it felt like playing PoE instead of BG because everyone kept doing their thing in their initiative and I wanted to be most effective but I guess since battles like these are not common it is OK. If this game had a TB mode, this battle would have been super awesome
Cast Icy prison on her and then walk around for 10 minutes. She will die eventually.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So can I play this game again/yet? In other words - is it in a condition Bioware left TOB in after the final patch?. Still a great game, not in any hurry...

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I made it!

Took only 136 hours. I could complete all quests, so it's no longer uber buggy. I don't know if the later chapters will ever become enjoyable though, that would require a lot of work. They do leave a sour taste in one's mouth after the excellent chapters one through five. I'll write a little more about it in the coming days.

Anyway, I salute these guys for their work. :salute:

ShgplnB.jpg

purpleblob

Savant

That fight was incredibly annoying for me because I encountered a bug

Siroket is invincible if you clear out the adds first :negative: I had to basically just hang around Blakemoore and focus on Siroket only - thankfully, Blakemoore killing the adds didn't bug Soriket so long as my party don't attack the adds. My sorcerer basically spent the whole fight on the ground because all adds targeted her before I could even move.

Is the typical play through 136 hours?

I think that sounds about right, took me about that long as well.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally tried playing after update. I dont notice area loading being longer, but the first time loading is definitely longer. Not so much it became major annoyance.

I noticed the camera scrolling is faster too, because it was too slow even at max speed. The kingdom management loading time is definifely fantastic improvement

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, super long campaign, lots of choices, staying true to the pen & paper rules. Universally praised by prestigious gaming magazines apart from being buggy and rushed. Reminds me of Neverwinter Nights. Can't wait to see all the edgelords in 10 years time edging about how banal shit boring the campaign is.

Jinn

Arcane
So, super long campaign, lots of choices, staying true to the pen & paper rules. Universally praised by prestigious gaming magazines apart from being buggy and rushed. Reminds me of Neverwinter Nights. Can't wait to see all the edgelords in 10 years time edging about how banal shit boring the campaign is.

You're probably right about the 10 years from now edgelords, but there is absolutely no doubt that not only the gameplay, but the story as well, are vastly superior to both NWN and NWN2.

It's great to be getting back into the game since I took a break to wait for 1.2.

PrettyDeadman

From the v1.2 feedback thread on Steam:
I can't get past the opening screen. The game loads then I'm looking at the Pathfinder Kingmaker logo, then...nothing. Task manager ays not responding and the crashhandler is running. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling tried running in compatability mode I've got over 300 hours in the game and now it won't run.
The thread is already 7 pages long - mostly reports of crashes and broken quests.

But never worry, kids, the Jebus patch 1.3 will certainly fix all remaining microissues.

:troll:

[Edit]: OK, in all seriousness, I think that Owlcat does deserve some credit for trying. They don't give up and release patches but I wonder how long it'll take them to make this game comfortably playable (if it'll ever happen at all).
The game was comfortable to play since kickstarter alpha...

Cael

Arcane
This game reminds me of a WW2 bomber raid.

The pilot of the bomber (you) flies over the target, ducking and jiving incoming flak (bugs) while trying to avoid enemy fighter attacks (perfomance issues) and drop his bombs on target (finish the game).

ArchAngel

Arcane

That fight was incredibly annoying for me because I encountered a bug

Siroket is invincible if you clear out the adds first :negative: I had to basically just hang around Blakemoore and focus on Siroket only - thankfully, Blakemoore killing the adds didn't bug Soriket so long as my party don't attack the adds. My sorcerer basically spent the whole fight on the ground because all adds targeted her before I could even move.
In my battle
Sirotek two shot Blakemore who then did nothing while adds targeted my main as well. I had to reaload twice because they would kill me in one round. On third try I had to start that combat with Greater Invisibility.

Elex

Arbiter
the campaign is directly taken pathfinder modules.

Elex

Arbiter
So what's the Kodex Konsensus on this after a few months?

All the reviews seem incredibly butthurt about not being able to respec (which would make all your character build choices pointless anyway, like D:OS 2), and Sawyerists bitching about MUH BALANCE :balance:
16644.png

So was PoE :negative:
That's not true at all..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FShcGPfPJ8q4jI5WXAOTtndCBg/edit#gid=297034668
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codex-goty-2015-results.107369/
wow i don’t remember it was 41

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom