Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grimoire Manual Version 1.0 Online Now Review Version)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ONLY ONE THING TO SAY

GREAT JOB CLEVE

SLOW AS FUCK BUT THE DRAMA MADE IT WORTH IT

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Notice that it wasn't until the manual became available that people discovered that metabolism wasn't working properly.

People discovered that already in the superdemo.

Look, it's time for even the holdouts to admit: Grimoire has delivered. The game, V2, the manual.

Astral travel is still not possible.

A sane developer would've just removed the damn skill and the spell already

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Also, VIT is percent based, not point based.

You could have 8,000 VIT or 80 VIT

The same 4 steps in water are gonna bring both to Zero given all other circumstances are the same. (Proven with DECLINE)

Pretty retarded.

Zep--

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Notice that it wasn't until the manual became available that people discovered that metabolism wasn't working properly.

Look, it's time for even the holdouts to admit: Grimoire has delivered. The game, V2, the manual.

Astral travel is still not possible.

A sane developer would've just removed the damn skill and the spell already

That Astral travel has been tested one bazillion times. Will have a look at it.

bataille

Arcane
Also, VIT is percent based, not point based.

You could have 8,000 VIT or 80 VIT

The same 4 steps in water are gonna bring both to Zero given all other circumstances are the same. (Proven with DECLINE)

Pretty retarded.

Zep--

This thing almost drove me insane when I played it on release. If anyone knows a workaround for that (a cheat), I'll take a bow, jump, and make a pirouette which in the dance-language of a Polynesian tribe means 'THANKS.'

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Does Int increase magic damage, does Will, does Wis? If some of they do, how much in %?

Read the Wizardry 6 or 7 manuals for comparison - there is even less information there. Haba did some experimenting and it looks like INT, WIS and WIL all have somewhat of an influence on spellcasting - the biggest influence is the magic skill though.

mondblut

Arcane
This thing almost drove me insane when I played it on release. If anyone knows a workaround for that (a cheat), I'll take a bow, jump, and make a pirouette which in the dance-language of a Polynesian tribe means 'THANKS.'

I just edited memory to have a boulderdash's cake with 255 charges in my inventory, and used it to restore vitality manually rather than gaining some additional 100 hours of gameplay by sleeping it off.

Also note that VIT restoration rate depends on the current value - the more you have left, the higher it goes back up. Going from 0% to 10% takes as much time as going from 10% to 100%. If you rest when the bar is at least quarter full, you'll spend much less time recuperating.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Why drow and humans have horrible mana regen? Why fcking dwarves (dwarves) have best.

Cleve wrote that apparently there was a bug in the regeneration formula - maybe it will be different after the next update.

Dorateen

Arcane
It is not bug, it's a feature! Barrowers in Hyperborea demonstrate their engineering prowess, craftsmanship and aptitude for being more metabolically sound than drow and humans through fast magic regeneration. I hope Cleve doesn't change this.

GandGolf

Augur

That should probably be rephrased then,
GandGolf said:
...it wasn't until the manual became available that people discovered that metabolism wasn't working properly anything will be done about it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Zep, I think it's time you went ahead and made a new version of your trainer program for Grimoire to reflect its upgraded, more awesome status.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Zep, I think it's time you went ahead and made a new version of your trainer program for Grimoire to reflect its upgraded, more awesome status.

Thankfully, I lost the source code in a Laptop/HD crash. DECLINE served its intended purpose though.

If I ever have to look at Grimoire again, it will be to soon.

Now I'm happy TRIGGERING Cleveland "Soy Boy Mark" Blakemore occasionally.

He falls for it (pretty much like you do too) EVERY. TIME.

Zep--

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Does Int increase magic damage, does Will, does Wis? If some of they do, how much in %?

Read the Wizardry 6 or 7 manuals for comparison - there is even less information there. Haba did some experimenting and it looks like INT, WIS and WIL all have somewhat of an influence on spellcasting - the biggest influence is the magic skill though.

Sounds like it is working as designed.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I just edited memory to have a boulderdash's cake with 255 charges in my inventory, and used it to restore vitality manually rather than gaining some additional 100 hours of gameplay by sleeping it off.

Also note that VIT restoration rate depends on the current value - the more you have left, the higher it goes back up. Going from 0% to 10% takes as much time as going from 10% to 100%. If you rest when the bar is at least quarter full, you'll spend much less time recuperating.

Sounds like it is working as designed.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It is not bug, it's a feature! Barrowers in Hyperborea demonstrate their engineering prowess, craftsmanship and aptitude for being more metabolically sound than drow and humans through fast magic regeneration. I hope Cleve doesn't change this.

This is a fantasy roleplaying game. Dwarves rule, they are the Tolkien.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Why drow and humans have horrible mana regen? Why fcking dwarves (dwarves) have best.

Cleve wrote that apparently there was a bug in the regeneration formula - maybe it will be different after the next update.

There was a bug, one value was being converted to a floor instead of a ceiling. I've been testing it, looks better.

P.S. Some races have to have deficiences and drawbacks for MUH BALINSE. Not everybody can be a max buffed exp point quest. Some races you have to rest a lot longer than others and they struggle to keep up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom