Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, just rolled my character (Magus) and it took longer than pretty much an entire playthrough of PoE.

Only 5 faces to pick from, no shit facial options like eye distance and forehead size.

Seems like :incline: so far. If this doesn't have a shit dungeon with a million levels to fight through, the same might not be so bad after all.

Off to kill the Fag Lord. Huzzah!

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
With a Magus main char you may want to install the Eldiritch Arcana mod. They have some pretty dope stuff there, like Intensify Spell metamagic, familiar arcana or Spell Blending Arcana.

Andhaira

Arcane
I did the Blakemore fight for the first time at lvl 14,
Shiiit, this was a tough fight. Probably toughest so far. Even first battle vs Sirotek and two rape archers I considered hard and then Sirotek kept healing and summoning shit. The hardest part of this fight was because I could not prebuff since I chose the option to help finish the book and 8h pass or something. Also I had to spend most of the battle in slow mode and it felt like playing PoE instead of BG because everyone kept doing their thing in their initiative and I wanted to be most effective but I guess since battles like these are not common it is OK. If this game had a TB mode, this battle would have been super awesome

That fight was incredibly annoying for me because I encountered a bug

Siroket is invincible if you clear out the adds first :negative: I had to basically just hang around Blakemoore and focus on Siroket only - thankfully, Blakemoore killing the adds didn't bug Soriket so long as my party don't attack the adds. My sorcerer basically spent the whole fight on the ground because all adds targeted her before I could even move.
In my battle
Sirotek two shot Blakemore who then did nothing while adds targeted my main as well. I had to reaload twice because they would kill me in one round. On third try I had to start that combat with Greater Invisibility.

Wait wait, there are NPCs named Sirotek and Blakemore??? Was this part of a Codex sponsored quest or somthing?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I did the Blakemore fight for the first time at lvl 14,
Shiiit, this was a tough fight. Probably toughest so far. Even first battle vs Sirotek and two rape archers I considered hard and then Sirotek kept healing and summoning shit. The hardest part of this fight was because I could not prebuff since I chose the option to help finish the book and 8h pass or something. Also I had to spend most of the battle in slow mode and it felt like playing PoE instead of BG because everyone kept doing their thing in their initiative and I wanted to be most effective but I guess since battles like these are not common it is OK. If this game had a TB mode, this battle would have been super awesome

That fight was incredibly annoying for me because I encountered a bug

Siroket is invincible if you clear out the adds first :negative: I had to basically just hang around Blakemoore and focus on Siroket only - thankfully, Blakemoore killing the adds didn't bug Soriket so long as my party don't attack the adds. My sorcerer basically spent the whole fight on the ground because all adds targeted her before I could even move.
In my battle
Sirotek two shot Blakemore who then did nothing while adds targeted my main as well. I had to reaload twice because they would kill me in one round. On third try I had to start that combat with Greater Invisibility.

Wait wait, there are NPCs named Sirotek and Blakemore??? Was this part of a Codex sponsored quest or somthing?

SiroKET.

Totally different.

This final dungeon is pissing me off.
The difficulty spike coming from trash mobs is driving me crazy, I can deal with paralysis, blinding, fear etc, but how do you counter force attacks? This wildhunt cunts just spam that shit, a single encounter with them is more challenging than all the bosses I encountered so far in the dungeon. I can take down the witch or the worms guy in seconds but I have to savescum for the trash mobs. :argh:

purpleblob

Savant
I don't think there are many who weren't pissed off with the last two chapters (final dungeon in chap 6 and optional chap 7).

Cael

Arcane
I don't think there are many who weren't pissed off with the last two chapters (final dungeon in chap 6 and optional chap 7).
Those who are are degenerates according to the Codex. Bugmaker is incline. How dare you criticise it! Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, bitch!

purpleblob

Savant
Those who are are degenerates according to the Codex. Bugmaker is incline. How dare you criticise it! Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, bitch!

Aren't you a funny one. I also think Kingmaker is a massive incline, voted it GOTY. Yes, the last two chapters have issues but overall it's a massive incline.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finished Pitax chapter, fights in there were lot of fun. 3 of them to be precise, the Magus guy, crazy ghost wizard guy and Irovetti of course. Well Irovetti the least but he had that lvl 6 bard spell that managed to make me confused for a while if it is doing anything and I had to stop and check out what it does before continuing to kill him :D

Magus fight showed that spellcasting fights can be fun and good if spellcaster gets to buff up first (which he did while you fight his super high HP trolls at the door). If anyone does a SCS treatment of this game all higher level spellcasters need to come prebuffed or have some sequences like in BG2.
And that crazy ghost sorcerer has 53 charisma LOL. Shame that such characters are nothing but short fights in the game, this character should have had his own cult or something. They could have broken into the mansion while you are attacking, using you as a distraction to try to free him.

Also hilarious how archers in that place have AI that tells them to attack weakest AC member of your party even if that means they run into your melee and die to AoO :D
I would run Tristian back behind walls and crazy archers would run through my front line trying to get line of sight back :D

Also I was lvl 16 in this mansion, just got lvl 17 after finishing it and Linzies quest. It seems game does give lots more XP now, but you need to do all companion quests until completion as they give lots of XP now. Also some of those conversations with super high DC (like Blakemore quest).

Funny thing, I did the Blakemore quest before doing Irovetti. I gave the Grimoire to that captain and they all sailed away. Then when I killed Irovetti I found the Grimoire on his body :D

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant
I finished Pitax chapter, fights in there were lot of fun. 3 of them to be precise, the Magus guy, crazy ghost wizard guy and Irovetti of course.

Who's the magus? I don't remember that one at all. I also found the fight with two gnomes quite fun.

Funny thing, I did the Blakemore quest before doing Irovetti. I gave the Grimoire to that captain and they all sailed away. Then when I killed Irovetti I found the Grimoire on his body :D

I didn't bother getting the Grimoire, just passed the bluff/persuasion check for highest XP reward :P

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The difficulty spike coming from trash mobs is driving me crazy,
The main mishap with the endgame though as balanced by Owlcat is really just the previous experience rewards. Parties just aren't high enough level when they have to fight lvl20 wild hunt mobs. If people were lvl 18/19 at that point they could clear out entire rooms with WotB or Weird and there wouldn't be as many complaints.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finished Pitax chapter, fights in there were lot of fun. 3 of them to be precise, the Magus guy, crazy ghost wizard guy and Irovetti of course.

Who's the magus? I don't remember that one at all. I also found the fight with two gnomes quite fun.

I didn't bother getting the Grimoire, just passed the bluff/persuasion check for highest XP reward :P
When you enter Irovetti palace and go left and open a door into one of the rooms. You will see big Trolls on the other side. There is a named enemy in the room as well but he is to the side and you don't see him until you run into the room.
He buffed up while I was killing the trolls and almost killed my main character with a charged up crit. A well placed Greater Dispel Magic ended that battle. Guy kept casting Mirror Image as he lost the previous one and he had too much life to kill with AoE spells.

2 gnomes I didn't fight. This was another example of awesome C&C of this game. If you did the final part of Jubilost quest and chose to give the Gift to a random gnome, that random gnome is a sister of these two gnomes that you killed previously. She comes in and takes all 3 of them to First World.

Grimoire quest is worth doing, you gets lots of xp talking to Blakemore, XP for killing enemies and loot. And Xp for giving the Grimoire to the captain. Did anyone try to use the Grimoire? it seems it has only one charge, it lasts 1 round and it does not replenish ? :D

Also I tried summoning a Deva with summon monster 8 in battle vs Irovetti. It stood in place for 2 rounds casting buffs and then battle was over before it joined lol

Trying out the DLC stuff for the first time. The new class is... interesting. I had no experience with Kineticist in pnp whatsoever, so I had to learn what it does from scratch. Decided to make Valerie a Kinetic Knight and screw tower shields. Picked fire to start with for those intimidation feats. I swear I am going to finish the game this time and not keep restarting.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Trying out the DLC stuff for the first time. The new class is... interesting. I had no experience with Kineticist in pnp whatsoever, so I had to learn what it does from scratch. Decided to make Valerie a Kinetic Knight and screw tower shields. Picked fire to start with for those intimidation feats. I swear I am going to finish the game this time and not keep restarting.
Best element for KK is Earth, second some that offers touch attack weapon. Earth gives you DR (mine got 12 by lvl 15) and Tremorsense ability. Water is also good if you choose to not use shields but use the water shield. Upside is that you will always have decent shield bonus and you have one extra feat you didn't spend in shield focus. Also you can use gather power to do the combined melee blast for 0 burn (but that costs you extra attacks as gather power takes move action).
Downside is that you don't get extra bonuses from shields enchantments, +5 shields + feat will still outperform water shield and you will need to spend burn into making water shield more powerful which means less burn into giving you more DR.
Another downside of water is that ghost are immune to all your attacks. They are immune to cold damage and non magical physical damage and ATM physical Kinetic blasts are considered completely non magical :D

hell bovine

Arcane
Aren't you a funny one. I also think Kingmaker is a massive incline, voted it GOTY. Yes, the last two chapters have issues but overall it's a massive incline.
Agreed. If I had more time for gaming atm, I'd definitely replay it, bugs included.

Apparently earth gets trip on the kinetic blasts and can eventually make it into a no-save aoe? (except for the kinetic knight? if I understand this archetype correctly) Anyone who can mass faceplant enemies will have a much easier time in PK, but if you can mass faceplant without a saving throw, that's just ridiculous. (now if I only had the time to test it... :()

Last edited:
Best element for KK is Earth, second some that offers touch attack weapon. Earth gives you DR (mine got 12 by lvl 15) and Tremorsense ability. Water is also good if you choose to not use shields but use the water shield. Upside is that you will always have decent shield bonus and you have one extra feat you didn't spend in shield focus. Also you can use gather power to do the combined melee blast for 0 burn (but that costs you extra attacks as gather power takes move action).
Downside is that you don't get extra bonuses from shields enchantments, +5 shields + feat will still outperform water shield and you will need to spend burn into making water shield more powerful which means less burn into giving you more DR.
Another downside of water is that ghost are immune to all your attacks. They are immune to cold damage and non magical physical damage and ATM physical Kinetic blasts are considered completely non magical :D
Huh. Yeah, I've seen the DR earth has, really powerful. But earth talents and feats were just so weak in the end I went with fire instead, and now it would be a pain to reload. Do talents get better with more levels? Show unavailable button did not reveal anything else.

Incendax

Augur
Apparently earth gets trip on the kinetic blasts and can eventually make it into a no-save aoe? (except for the kinetic knight? if I understand this archetype correctly) Anyone who can mass faceplant enemies will have a much easier time in PK, but if you can mass faceplant without a saving throw, that's just ridiculous. (now if I only had the time to test it... :()
It checks against CMD, but Fury’s Fall adds to Wall/Deadly so it can get pretty hilarious. You can casually hit +34 Modifier, and go higher with some optimizing.

jungl

Augur
whats funny is that there only one spell in the game that protects against paralyzes. I bet there is plenty of casuals and other poor soul out there who didn't have a cleric at the time and couldnt finish the game. Wut where those retarded russkies thinking idk. The kinitekest was put in the game so every player has a solution to the end game as the firewall ability is the most op thing in the game when spammed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Huh. Yeah, I've seen the DR earth has, really powerful. But earth talents and feats were just so weak in the end I went with fire instead, and now it would be a pain to reload. Do talents get better with more levels? Show unavailable button did not reveal anything else.
Well do pick up Earth on your next element choice level. Fire can also be ok as you can have a fire shield that does damage to anyone that hits you. Also fire should have energy version of the blast so you can target touch AC. If you use that one be sure to use Defensive Fighting with your KK, it is basically free AC since enemy Touch AC is less than their real AC for 90% of enemies.
But then forget about water and go shield focus and normal shields. Personally I would pick Earth and Air. Air gives you evasion which is always useful.

hell bovine

Arcane
It checks against CMD, but Fury’s Fall adds to Wall/Deadly so it can get pretty hilarious. You can casually hit +34 Modifier, and go higher with some optimizing.
Didn't know you can get the dc that high. :D And you could team up with Jubilost for the cursed bombs...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom