Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

JDR13

Arcane
Not sure why people are freaking out about the system requirements. Metro 2033 was a similar beast back when it was released and still looks great more than 8 years later.

Exodus doesn't appear to look as good as 2033 did for its time, but I'm guessing the much larger levels are a factor here.

GrainWetski

Arcane
If you guys are so worried about system requirements maybe you should go buy a PS4 Pro instead :smug:
That would be more expensive than the minimum requirements while looking worse. The game would also be completely unplayable because gameturds.. I mean gamepads.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What a brilliant idea to tie the resolution with the visual setting, creating confusion as to the actual requirements. Like, what do i need to run the game at maximum at 1080p?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Listened to the audiobook. Holy shit, it's so fucking good. I can't believe they've never made a movie from it like they did with the Road. Are the games based off the book or a continuation?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
4A appears to have done marvelous job. God fucking dammit why did Deep Silver have to shit all over their work.
There isn't much of gameplay in this trailer, I know people love to be optimistic, but unfortunately in this day and age game can have brilliant trailer, but being shit on release.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I only played the first Metro, which I liked enough and saw two trailers for Exodus, the reveal trailer and this one. Am I right to assume that Exodus is a lot more Stalker-y with its new open world and such?

Paul_cz

Arcane
There isn't much of gameplay in this trailer, I know people love to be optimistic, but unfortunately in this day and age game can have brilliant trailer, but being shit on release.
I mean, we know what the gameplay is like. Same as in previous two games, just on bigger scale in more open environments. And 4A have yet to let me down.
I only played the first Metro, which I liked enough and saw two trailers for Exodus, the reveal trailer and this one. Am I right to assume that Exodus is a lot more Stalker-y with its new open world and such?
Definitely, they cited STALKER as much bigger influence this time around. With that moron Grigorovich cancelling STALKER2, Exodus is the first true spiritual successor we are getting.

JDR13

Arcane
4A appears to have done marvelous job. God fucking dammit why did Deep Silver have to shit all over their work.

There's plenty of gameplay footage out there to see. Here's 40+ minutes worth... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhNrMpkK0R4

I have to agree that the game looks excellent.

tritosine2k

Erudite

It's a question whether graphics gets built around hand holding eg. "popamole" vs. dynamic time of day because latter also means more "fledged" encounter design. If you listen they wont mention time of day but "seasons" and other kool-aid.

passerby

Arcane
They mentioned day and night cycle in latest trailer, with more mutant activity at night and more human faction patrols during the day, or stealthy nighttime infiltration of the enemy camp.
Seasons are related to different levels themes. Levels will have linear story progression and won't be connected like in STALKER games, but should be bigger like Crysis levels.

Edit: citation needed: just watch the trailer posted few posts above.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
Its at 4:48. Sure you'd spend a minute talking about seasons and dedicate whole 5 seconds talking about your time of day graphics if the gameplay is centered around the latter, cool story bro.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Exodus is gonna be one of the best games of the year.
It is possible to be the best non RPG of the year. The game does look good and interesting,shame that is plagued with retarded publisher that practice shady shit. Still the best version will be the pirated.

msxyz

Augur
I bought the two other games on GoG . Between the fact it will use Denuvo and the Epic store exclusivitiy, this will be another title which I'll gladly skip. Fuck Deep Silver.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is this game actually incline or is that just wishful thinking?

I mean open world, hurr durr so is Far Cry doesn't mean it has anything to do with Stalker.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't think anyone thinks it is going to be the next Stalker, but is it at least Stalkerish?

"Open world" by itself doesn't mean anything.

U-8D8

Savant
I don't think anyone thinks it is going to be the next Stalker, but is it at least Stalkerish?
I haven't payed too much attention to their press releases, but I believe they said that the gameworld will be divided into different zones instead of a Far Cry style open world. There's also supposed to be a focus on factions and the player's relationship with them. Both, on a surface level, are things done in STALKER, but a lot could change in the implementation.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
The comparison is made frequently, that's just what I assume.
Also, that depends on what you mean by "Stalkerish".

Is it "Stalkerish" in that you're going to be spending 90% of your time dicking around the map looking for stuff and soaking in the atmosphere? Probably.
Is it "Stalkerish" in that the AI has all these quirks and behaviors that lead to memorable interactions that happen seemingly at random? No.

That's probably the worse thing so far (Besides Deep Silver's recent dipshittery). Metro AI has always behaved like everyone stumbled upon a few extra chromosomes after the bombs fell but it looked especially bad in recent gameplay videos. I don't know how it gets this bad when the devs like to blow hot air about how Ranger Hardcore is the way it's supposed to be played and how these are supposed to be hard games.

"Open world" by itself doesn't mean anything.
It's not open world.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
Is this game actually incline or is that just wishful thinking?

I mean open world, hurr durr so is Far Cry doesn't mean it has anything to do with Stalker.

I think it looks better than Metro 2033 and Last Light, and both of those games were really good as far as shooters go.

I don't expect it to be as open as Stalker, but I do expect a very tense game with great atmosphere.

illuknisaa

Cipher
"very good". I always saw metro games as games that you play once and then forget that they exist. They are very much 5/10 games. Maybe they get +1 for graphics and atmosphere.

Mortmal

Arcane
If you guys are so worried about system requirements maybe you should go buy a PS4 Pro instead :smug:
It's not only a question of system requirement, they just cant afford the game either. You cant torrent on a PS4 pro , jailbreaking consoles isn't so easy for everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom