Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
REmake and Zero were a kind of rebooted universe in their own way. For example, in REmake is mentioned that the Spencer mansion belonged to... well, Spencer. In Code veronica was mentioned it belonged to the Ashford family. Those games created the characters of Oswald spencer and James marcus, expanding the umbrella lore. Also, Lisa trevor was a monster created with a mix of viruses, including the G virus and even the nemesis parasyte. It's a shame REmake 2 didn't follow that universe, it feels like a complete new one. (The lab is different of the one you can see in Zero).

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So it begins

claire___ada_render__1_by_mistfighter_dcyivzs-pre.jpg

Ebonsword

Arcane
Is anyone else having weird brightness issues?

What's happened to me several times is that I will be checking my inventory or the map or something and, when I come out of that, the room will be way darker than it should be.

It seems to fix itself if I walk into an area with significantly brighter lighting, but it's gotten me into trouble a few times (it's hard to avoid zombies lying on the ground if you can't see them!).

Seems like it may be an issue with the latest NVIDIA drivers. I'll try and downgrade this weekend to see if it helps.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/883710/discussions/1/1743358239843233248/

mwnn85

Savant
Looks like a reasonable effort with a few flaws that should've been noticed; could be improved with some patches.
Never gonna outright replace the originals, more of a re-visioning than a remake.
Just like the new Tomb Raiders. RoTTR and 2013 are good for what they are; never gonna compare to driving the speedboat through the bridge in Venice @ Tomb Raider 2 though.

RE1 will always be favorite; played the PC release years ago with a 3DFX Voodoo. The second is same formula, expanded.
Never bothered with the third. Wasn't it quite short? I think I was tired of the same formula by that point.
Enjoyed the Gamecube version / HD remake of the first.
I could see this taking the fourth spot in my Resident Evil list.

Never really liked the fourth game - highly overrated - it's just a nonsensical, sub-par action game.
Played the fifth and Revelations 1 briefly - the latter suffers greatly due to it's 3DS origins.
Haven't tried any of the first person ones or the spin off games. Gave up on it.

I'm seeing people running this under Linux with Proton/Wine + DXVK (DirectX -> Vulkan)
Haven't tried that yet; got to be better than using shite Windows 10 + Denuvo.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Sega needs to answer this by dropping the sequel we've all been waiting for:

Zombie Revenge 2

JDR13

Arcane
REmake and Zero were a kind of rebooted universe in their own way. For example, in REmake is mentioned that the Spencer mansion belonged to... well, Spencer. In Code veronica was mentioned it belonged to the Ashford family. Those games created the characters of Oswald spencer and James marcus, expanding the umbrella lore. Also, Lisa trevor was a monster created with a mix of viruses, including the G virus and even the nemesis parasyte. It's a shame REmake 2 didn't follow that universe, it feels like a complete new one. (The lab is different of the one you can see in Zero).

It's all the same universe. Capcom has just never been very good with staying consistent with certain parts of the story.

It might also be due to some things being misinterpreted during the translations. Japanese to English isn't the easiest from what I understand.

sullynathan

Arcane

JDR13

Arcane
“Hallucinations will play a big part, getting players confused on what’s real or not.”
Ugh... I don't like the way that sounds. This is Resident Evil not Silent Hill. I don't want to see a bunch of trippy dream-like sequences.

Capcom is debating on whether they want to make this a mainline game or spin-off.
If it ends up being a spin-off, give it a sub-title. Don't call it Resident Evil 8.

Development on Resident Evil 8 started last year by a small team.
Capcom is also discussing Resident Evil 3 Remake internally
Resident Evil 8 will be released only after Resident Evil 3 Remake is out.
Sorry, but that doesn't compute. So you're saying RE 8 is already under development, yet it won't be released until after a remake of RE 3 that's only being "discussed" at the moment?

A horse of course

What happened with Kamiya only posting in Japanese now?
Maybe because He's Japanese
No shit. My point was that some years ago he would also tweet in English and now is blocking anyone that @ him if the post is not in Japanese while only tweeting in Japanese.

He's always been a gigantic drama queen who can't take banter on twitter but still tries to act tough about it. It was obvious people started asking him dumb questions just to annoy him even further and he fell for it every time, going on long rants about "morons".

A horse of course

Infinitron and the staff asked me to let everyone know the fitgirl repack is out too.

Swigen

Arbiter
OMG Mr. X is an annoying fucking cunt! Also WTF, are the lickers respawning?! Fuck this gaem!!!

Momock

Augur
They don't respawn but some new one make an entry when you come back from the parking.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yeah, just avoid some paths that are not necessary to cross to loot everything/solve puzzles as enemies are spawned at some points in already visited/cleared areas.

Meanwhile scenario B impressions...

]The B scenario is a let down, as was already stated it is too similar to the A scenario making it obvious it was rushed. This also makes it also much easier since you can metagame it based on the first run experience. Too few items are in different places to prevent this.

Maybe this is also because I think Claire is just easier overall as her weapons are more versatile. High powered rounds in particular are great due to the guaranteed one hit kill headshots on hardcore. The submachine gun is very versatile. Flame rounds can one hit kill lickers if you get lucky (or regular zombies) and are far better than Leons shotgun which sucks before upgrades, same goes for acid rounds which aren't as great as in the original game but still better than Leon's shotgun. Only the starting pistol seems to suck a lot and I didn't use it much before the high powered rounds due to the 2nd run having the revolver and its ammo replacing the 9mm round spawns.

Leon's main advantage is the flamethrower because it is easier to purge the plant zombies with it, although the weapon overall is more risky to use as you need to kite with it due to the damage over time. With Claire you have to be a bit more creative not to waste too many flame rounds in the lab on the plant zombies.

Sparkshot is not as great as in the original game since it seems to be suicide using it against bosses. But single zombies or lickers are toast.

Gonna finish REmake after this and play RE3 hard next.

vota DC

Augur
]The B scenario is a let down, as was already stated it is too similar to the A scenario making it obvious it was rushed. This also makes it also much easier since you can metagame it based on the first run experience. Too few items are in different places to prevent this.

Maybe this is also because I think Claire is just easier overall as her weapons are more versatile. High powered rounds in particular are great due to the guaranteed one hit kill headshots on hardcore. The submachine gun is very versatile. Flame rounds can one hit kill lickers if you get lucky (or regular zombies) and are far better than Leons shotgun which sucks before upgrades, same goes for acid rounds which aren't as great as in the original game but still better than Leon's shotgun. Only the starting pistol seems to suck a lot and I didn't use it much before the high powered rounds due to the 2nd run having the revolver and its ammo replacing the 9mm round spawns.

Leon's main advantage is the flamethrower because it is easier to purge the plant zombies with it, although the weapon overall is more risky to use as you need to kite with it due to the damage over time. With Claire you have to be a bit more creative not to waste too many flame rounds in the lab on the plant zombies.

Sparkshot is not as great as in the original game since it seems to be suicide using it against bosses. But single zombies or lickers are toast.

Gonna finish REmake after this and play RE3 hard next.

In original Re2 submachine isn't Claire's weapon but a shared weapon. If you take in scenario A it won't appear in scenario B. Same for flamethrower. Seems they made many changes in weapon arsenal for being a remake.
Claire has the crossbow that was inferior than shotgun. At easy difficulty was the same thing but with hard you could onehit zombies (just fire aiming high) with shotgun and requires at least 3 with crossbow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom