Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Least Favourite RPG Names

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Infinite Undiscovery (Basically discover nothing on a never ending basis. Typical jrpg trash name)

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I never cared much for 'The Witcher'.

Divine Divinity should have been the first Larian related answer here.
Nah, Original Sin 2 is worse.

Also, the OS2 mention reminded me of Two Worlds II.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Shadowrun Returns - Should've been "Shadowrun: Dead Man's Switch" or just simply Dead Man's Switch with "A Shadowrun Roleplaying Game" in fine text somewhere beneath it

Pillars of Eternity - As generic as me, also has a bad acronym since people will confuse it for Path of Exile

The Elder Scrolls - Something about this title puts me to sleep. It seems boring and doesn't pop out to you enough.

Dark Souls - This is something I thought of when I was 10.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Shadows of Undrentide. I have to check the spelling every time I write it. And I've been playing it since it released over 15 years ago.

SpoilVictor

Educated
Two Worlds is abysmal, it gets even worse with Two Worlds II - like they multiply or what? Are there still only 2 worlds or 4 already?

Diablo - I love OG Diablo, but naming game and main villain, fuking Lord of Hell, just Diablo? Ohh Mephisto Lord of Lies, Baal Lord of Destruction... and there is also this latino dude Diablo.

Pillars Of Eternity - it lacks punch and excitement, very bland name. It could be good as sub title, like Nostalgium: Pillars Of Eternity or Give Our Dying Company Your Money You Salty Old Pricks: Pillars Of Eternity.

vota DC

Augur
Tyranny. Not for tranny jokes but because you expect a game like Dungeon Keeper with this kind of name.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Neverwinter Nights

Why is it never winter and why is it at night?
No, this is exactly why it belongs in the Favorite RPG Names threads. Nights during the winter fucking suck.

Winter and Autumn are the most INCLINE seasons to me. Winter at night looks majestic and seriously beautiful in some places in the world, I was on a trip once to visit some family up in Canada and that shit is a painting when you're in the Canadian Rockies.

I love Autumn in the big city, especially certain places like Brooklyn. Maybe I'm a nostalgiafag though because it's when I met a really great girl who turned into a demon harpy with green blood a few years later.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Winter at night looks majestic and seriously beautiful in some places in the world, I was on a trip once to visit some family up in Canada and that shit is a painting when you're in the Canadian Rockies.
That's great for you, but the main thing I focus on is the cold and how it dampens my nights out.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Baldurs Gate
Fallout
Pretentiouscrap:Borement
ur mom

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom