Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official button parade removal thread 2016 and beyond

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
My buttons were nationalized and I have not seen a single brofist in exchange! What communism is this?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't express myself with only brofists anymore. Give Hitler or riot.
But now the upside is that you can freely larp brofists given to you mean anything: Heils (or hitlerfists in vulgar argot) if you entertain delusions others actually like your posts, or butthurts if you are of an easily offended bent.

Bohr

Arcane
Discussion on the removal of buttons belongs here.
You would make a good mod.

rating_agenda.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex seems a cleaner, nicer place without those buttons. I vote for the permanent removal of rating buttons. :M

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
My headcanon for the parrot, which ought to be correct because it makes sense...

A parrot, parrots. Mimics. If a post was excellent, so good in fact it said what ypu wanted to say yourself, you give that post a parrot indicating your willingness to parrot that post. Polly wants a cracker? Racist bitch...

Of course, the top hat parrot is reserved for the truly exceptional moments of cutting insight spewed by the most monocled of codexians. The top hat parrot is prestigious; your wordgame is stronk to receive them.

Logic.... What are they teaching in schools these days?

Bohr

Arcane
My headcanon for the parrot, which ought to be correct because it makes sense...

A parrot, parrots. Mimics. If a post was excellent, so good in fact it said what ypu wanted to say yourself, you give that post a parrot indicating your willingness to parrot that post. Polly wants a cracker? Racist bitch...

Of course, the top hat parrot is reserved for the truly exceptional moments of cutting insight spewed by the most monocled of codexians. The top hat parrot is prestigious; your wordgame is stronk to receive them.

+M

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
:M = emphasis, indeed, interesting, hmm..., pirates, tongue-in-cheek, mischievous

9Vw0hwR.jpg

NG
incline.png
LG
rating_prestigious.png
_________ :MCG​

LN
rating_prosper.png
_______
rating_brofist.png
________
cat.gif
CN

LE
rating_racist.png
________
rating_shittydog.gif
CE

decline.png

NE​

The parrot is a creature both majestic and versatile.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Where the fuck are the buttons gone? Now instead of being able to give a 1000's words of meaning in a simple picture, even more shitposting has to be done. Surely the servers will crash more now. Fix this shit DU.

Cool name

Arcane

interesting to see different takes on the parrot

I've always used it for indicating something awkward or with uncomfortable implications, bc the parrot is shifting from foot to foot uneasily

the top hat one is for when something is like that from a perspective of prestige

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom