Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Exodus is gonna be one of the best games of the year.

Like this faggot would know what good gameplay is.

I tried keeping a bit of an open mind with those youtubers, but the NPC is strong with 99.9% of them, and it is becoming oppressive.

Normies don't care about quality of content. They are incapable of assessing it, and they will be happy with the same canned crap Hollywood or modern game devs gives them until the end of time. Quite disheartening to think about.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If you guys are so worried about system requirements maybe you should go buy a PS4 Pro instead :smug:
It's not only a question of system requirement, they just cant afford the game either. You cant torrent on a PS4 pro , jailbreaking consoles isn't so easy for everyone.

Get a PS4 pro guys, and play the game at the same setting of a medium PC build that would cost as little as the PS4 in question in the first place.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I'm gonna assume this goes here.

"The recent decision to move Metro Exodus from Steam to the Epic Game Store was made by Koch Media / Deep Silver alone.

The recent comments made by a member of the 4A Games development team do not reflect Deep Silver’s or 4A Games’ view on the future of the franchise. They do reflect the hurt and disappointment of a passionate individual who has seen what was previously nothing but positive goodwill towards his work turn to controversy due to a business decision he had no control over. We respectfully ask that any and all valid feedback over this decision is directed at Koch Media / Deep Silver, and not the developers at 4A Games.

The future release strategy of the Metro series lies with Koch Media / Deep Silver. Our decision to partner with Epic Games was based on the goal of investing in the future of the series and our development partner at 4A Games. We have every intention of continuing this franchise, and a PC version will always be at the heart of our plans."

Typical PR bullshit that avoids talking about just how badly they have fucked this up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Typical PR bullshit that avoids talking about just how badly they have fucked this up.

Yeah no. That's exactly what you should do if a member of the dev team starts randomly ranting on social media.

I like how all the Youtubers immediateely started raking in the outrage views with videos about 4A "threatening" PC players, including major retards like Jim Sterling. Never can get enough of this sort of theatrical hysteria.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

"The recent decision to move Metro Exodus from Steam to the Epic Game Store was made by Koch Media / Deep Silver alone.

The recent comments made by a member of the 4A Games development team do not reflect Deep Silver’s or 4A Games’ view on the future of the franchise. They do reflect the hurt and disappointment of a passionate individual who has seen what was previously nothing but positive goodwill towards his work turn to controversy due to a business decision he had no control over. We respectfully ask that any and all valid feedback over this decision is directed at Koch Media / Deep Silver, and not the developers at 4A Games.

The future release strategy of the Metro series lies with Koch Media / Deep Silver. Our decision to partner with Epic Games was based on the goal of investing in the future of the series and our development partner at 4A Games. We have every intention of continuing this franchise, and a PC version will always be at the heart of our plans."

I have to agree here. I think it is perfectly clear now that this was a publisher decision, so it is no use threatening the developers. Also "4A developer threatening" PC gamers was just a random tweet from an annoyed developer. Everybody should know that a guy/girl like that does not represent the whole company.

So the company's response was perfectly valid.

GrainWetski

Arcane
They do reflect the hurt and disappointment of a passionate individual who has seen what was previously nothing but positive goodwill towards his work turn to controversy due to a business decision he had no control over
So he starts attacking and threatening the fanbase? Makes sense.

Is this game actually incline or is that just wishful thinking?

I mean open world, hurr durr so is Far Cry doesn't mean it has anything to do with Stalker.
It will be yet another overrated, generic console FPS turd. They're all the same garbage. Not sure what people see in them.

JDR13

Arcane
"very good". I always saw metro games as games that you play once and then forget that they exist. They are very much 5/10 games. Maybe they get +1 for graphics and atmosphere.

You obviously don't play a lot of shooters.

illuknisaa

Cipher
"very good". I always saw metro games as games that you play once and then forget that they exist. They are very much 5/10 games. Maybe they get +1 for graphics and atmosphere.

Why do you think they are "very good"? Calling the metro games 5/10 isn't shitting on them. I just don't they have really anything special to offer.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Sadly, you can't really win in this situation - if you let devs have direct contact with the players you risk a runaway retard presenting his opinion as fact and ruining studio's good name, and if you let publishers and dedicated Community Managers speak on developers' behalf latter is basically left at the mercy of the suits and whoever pushes their "business plans" to please shareholders' impressions. I can't help but feel sorry for 4A Games when you remember how difficult it was to actually develop Metro games, especially the sequel. It's like they can't catch a break.

https://www.pcgamer.com/4a-games-working-conditions/

Former THQ president Jason Rubin, who joined the struggling company in 2012, has submitted a story to GamesIndustry International detailing adversities faced by Ukrainian developer 4A Games while developing Metro: Last Light, painting the team as underdogs who struggled against dreadful working conditions, a low budget, and unrealistic expectations.

"Let's be honest: 4A was never playing on a level field," writes Rubin. "The budget of Last Light is less than some of its competitors spend on cut scenes, a mere 10 percent of the budget of its biggest competitors." On top of that, Rubin laments the "irrational requirement of THQ's original producers to fit multiplayer and co-op into the same deadline and budget."

It gets worse. According to Rubin, the team "sat on folding wedding chairs, literally elbow to elbow at card tables in what looks more like a packed grade school cafeteria than a development studio." Dev kits and high-end PCs had to be smuggled into Ukraine in backpacks to avoid the sticky hands of "thieving customs officials." Pile on frequent power outages and broken government-run heating which frequently led to below-freezing working conditions, and Rubin says that 4A's success is equivalent to that of the Jamaican bobsledding team which finished ahead of the US in the 1994 Olympics.

JDR13

Arcane

Why do you think they are "very good"? Calling the metro games 5/10 isn't shitting on them. I just don't they have really anything special to offer.

Because I've actually played a lot of shooters. It's my favorite genre after RPG, and the Metro games are better than most.

I don't have a problem with you saying they're 5/10. If that's your opinion then so be it. I'd certainly rate them a lot higher though especially compared to other contemporary shooters.

illuknisaa

Cipher

Because I've actually played a lot of shooters. It's my favorite genre after RPG, and the Metro games are better than most.

I don't have a problem with you saying they're 5/10. If that's your opinion then so be it. I'd certainly rate them a lot higher though especially compared to other contemporary shooters.

"I have played vidya gaems" doesn't explain why.

Devoidless

Novice
I'm looking forward to playing this in a year when it drops on Steam.

I don't mind the Metro games. Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light were decent games. The story was fine and the mechanics were OK. I honestly only really liked the games for the upgrading of the weapons.
"You're telling me I can have a revolver-rifle with a suppressor? I'm in."
That was the main draw of Metro Exodus for me. Being able to swap out stuff on the fly depending on the situation looks fun as all hell. Plus the actual crafting looks simple enough to enjoy.

But let's not kid ourselves here. We all just want another STALKER game and this is the closest thing we are going to get for a while.

A horse of course

So their new strategy is to pivot to the "poor hardworking starving artists vs. entitled toxic manbaby gamers" narrative?

Murk

Arcane
So he starts attacking and threatening the fanbase? Makes sense.
It was just some dev venting his frustrations over the "lmao gonna pirate now" posts, the reaction to what they said is way overblown.

My thoughts too. Someone linked me some "commentary video" and I couldn't get 2 minutes past the stupid voice over so I found the article, which was just a paraphrasing of a forum post, which was a really mundane comment.

Not to be a shill for the company, but the parasitic youtube comment channels are just pouring more fuel on the fire for the sake of their own clickbait bullshit.

Though I'm left back in square one of not wanting Epic's crap on my computer but still wanting to be able to play Exodus.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom