Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Passing time on kingdom management and leveling the kingdom stats also has the benefit of giving the artisans the time to work on their crafts. Which can mean better equipment to tackle the adventures.

Deleted Member 16721

If you're not using your time wisely then be prepared to fail later on. As ArchAngel said, kingdom management is just as important as the adventure itself.

Gord

Arcane
I'm progressing quite slowly in the game, for some reason I kinda lost steam at some point. Have completed Season of Bloom before christmas, and only recently started playing again. Currently I'm mostly advancing time while building/leveling up kingdom and advisors.

Anyway, while by no means complete shit, the kingdom management part often seems a tad bit too removed from the adventure/questing part of the game.
Adds up to management stuff feeling rather abstract and underdeveloped, imo.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have finally reached House at end of time, got lvl 18 soon after entering it. Now I see what people talked about when complaining about Wild Hunt encounters :D
They both paralyze, confuse and dispel. Normal encounters are OK but as soon as the fight has a Monarch it is a true pain needing to kill him before everyone else can die. I killed Worm guy and Knurly Witch and the Satyr dude as well as the big Troll and Ice Giant but Wild Hunt Monarch in fucking hallways are more irritating. Probably only reason why it is not as irritating as it could be is that I have Kallike and Deadly Earth infusion for her Mud Blast. That shit is insane. I open combat with Empowered, Maximized Deadly earth, it does 270 damage in hugh Aoe to all wild hunt and then continues to deal 135 damage per round while also slowing their movement and knocking them down. It is like Sirocco but 3x better and can be cast in every battle where they don't surprise me without a need to rest. Also it lasts about 9 rounds so it goes away fast after everyone is dead so you can continue on.
Now I see why people that reached this area early when Wild Hunt were even stronger and you were underleveled pulled their hair out.

Wolfe

Arbiter
I found Vordakai's tomb to be quite great, especially the creepy atmosphere, they nailed that. The fight in itself was quite disappointing, his AI is so retarded that he chased Linzi to the dungeon's entrance whilst trying to deliver a Finger of Doom. He also goes down super fast, I had more issues with a random Fey/Sorcerer, Lady of Shallows I think she was named. However, I loved the twist in the middle of the fight, that was quite awesome from a narrative and presentation perspective and the music really sold it. Good stuff.

Incendax

Augur
Trolls + Season of Bloom are both part of Chapter 2.
Defaced Sisters are the enemy I was most annoyed with in the entire game, more than even Monarchs.
Vordakai was a pushover. I had more trouble with the surprise Spectre fight.
Don’t Baleful Polymorph Ilthuliak. Things get weeeeird.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Trolls + Season of Bloom are both part of Chapter 2.
Defaced Sisters are the enemy I was most annoyed with in the entire game, more than even Monarchs.
Vordakai was a pushover. I had more trouble with the surprise Spectre fight.
Don’t Baleful Polymorph Ilthuliak. Things get weeeeird.
They are marked in the game as separate Main Quest so they are also new chapters.
Where is Ilthuliak? I went to House at end of time and didn't find him before that. And I searched everywhere that was available.
I also missed 2 monsters for the key that opens Lonely Barrow door. And the Dimension Door trick was fixed.

Incendax

Augur
They are marked in the game as separate Main Quest so they are also new chapters.
Troll Trouble and Season of Bloom are both counted as Chapter 2 by the game code.
Where is Ilthuliak? I went to House at end of time and didn't find him before that. And I searched everywhere that was available.
His lair is directly north of the Castle of Knives, in the mountains where the path does an upside down U. I do not know what the DC is, but I spotted it with +50 Perception. You can also uncover it with Pitax Scouting Missions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I need a spoiler about House at edge of time.
I cannot find the third key, the one that is hidden somewhere. I have fully cleared all 3 floors in both versions. On top floor I cannot open a few doors (two that go into the middle of the area and one on the bottom left. I did open one of the doors on that floor by switching world through fog. I could reference a walkthrough but I am afraid to read some other spoilers there. Btw, the bow you get from the area unlocked by bookcase puzzle is amazing. 20% chance for x3 damage lol. The 3 mirrors puzzle is broken. I did it but then quest was marked by X like I failed it. Also only reward is some XP an a bit or lore.. I wanted cool magic loot :D

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I was horribly unimpressed with DEX based Sword Saint. Damage is bad, AC, even with all buffs, not enough to make him "untouchable" in ch1 when game is hardest, and too MAD to put some precious points to CON. Crazy dependent on Mirror Image, but penalized with less spell slots for questionable melee gains. SS is not flat-footed often (no Uncanny Dodge on tank!) thanks to class feats, but when he is - he is roadkill.
Eldritch Scion with some good bloodline and 1 lvl Scaled Fist dip for +1 full bab attack, 2-handing quarterstaff and power attack, was endlessly more useful offensively and not much behind in AC comparing to Sword Saint, since Mirror Image is the only thing keeping him alive and Scion has more lvl 2 spell slots.
Arcane bloodline is extra nice for giving access to Sense Vitals at lvl 9.
Impressions from playing on Hard.

I've had a pretty decent run so far on my second playthrough with a Rogue 4/Sword Saint X, go human for more/faster feats/skills or tiefling for more stats/immunities.

I went normal rogue and took dueling blade for my chosen weapon, I took the AC boost from dueling blades and crane style feats to further boost AC. Uncanny Dodge helps the survivability of the class, bonus rogue feats are also helpful since an effective Sword Saint is feat heavy.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's even harder for me to rationalise 4 lvl non-caster dip with Magus. You get Mirror Image at level 8, elemental weapon enhancement on level 9, Devoted Arcana at 16 and Bane at 19. Level 6 spells at level 20 too. It's all theory, of course, but at first assessment looks like underperforming in all game till ch 6-7.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I also missed 2 monsters for the key that opens Lonely Barrow door. And the Dimension Door trick was fixed.

I got trough the barrier yesterday with Dimension Door. So it's not fixed, at least not fully. You just need to keep to the north part of the corridor and target northern area above the barrier. It kinda looks like it was maybe left this way on purpose, as your party gets boxed behind some debris with one of the guardians approaching the only exit south from this debris "pocket" - so it's not easy to quickly reach the lich (doable, but requires manual control and in any case there will be a delay before you can reach him).

Got there at level 11. On Hard were not able to beat him yesterday but succeeded a few times in tripping him - both with combat maneuver and Grease spam. Will try again today. He's bound to roll poorly so that I manage to cut him to pieces while he's still down from trips/grease or Octavia will Baleful Polymorph him.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I got trough the barrier yesterday with Dimension Door. So it's not fixed, at least not fully. You just need to keep to the north part of the corridor and target northern area above the barrier. It kinda looks like it was maybe left this way on purpose, as your party gets boxed behind some debris with one of the guardians approaching the only exit south from this debris "pocket" - so it's not easy to quickly reach the lich (doable, but requires manual control and in any case there will be a delay before you can reach him).

Got there at level 11. On Hard were not able to beat him yesterday but succeeded a few times in tripping him - both with combat maneuver and Grease spam. Will try again today. He's bound to roll poorly so that I manage to cut him to pieces while he's still down from trips/grease or Octavia will Baleful Polymorph him.
Ah I thought it is a simple Dimension Door through it but my character would just run into the barrier and stand there instead of casting the spell. Too late now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Here you go;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ym_Gsfng0

This was a real ridiculous one.
wtf, how am I supposed to find this by myself... this shit is ridiculous. There were no clues about this shit, I even tried to enter fog at different locations hoping it would transport me into one of the locked rooms but this shit is incredibly stupid.

You run into Syhka again inside the House, at least she could give you a clue or some book on one of the shelves. Or that fucking wizard in the mirror. I did all the secret shit hoping one of those leads to a key.
I fucking hate this place now, I hate puzzles in my RPGs. If I wanted to play a puzzle game I would play a puzzle game. And puzzles with no clues are even worse shit, reminds me of all those time wasting adventure games that have no clues but just expect you to try all combination of items on all interactable stuff in the world..

purpleblob

Savant
Here you go;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ym_Gsfng0

This was a real ridiculous one.
wtf, how am I supposed to find this by myself... this shit is ridiculous. There were no clues about this shit, I even tried to enter fog at different locations hoping it would transport me into one of the locked rooms but this shit is incredibly stupid.

You run into Syhka again inside the House, at least she could give you a clue or some book on one of the shelves. Or that fucking wizard in the mirror. I did all the secret shit hoping one of those leads to a key.
I fucking hate this place now, I hate puzzles in my RPGs. If I wanted to play a puzzle game I would play a puzzle game. And puzzles with no clues are even worse shit, reminds me of all those time wasting adventure games that have no clues but just expect you to try all combination of items on all interactable stuff in the world..

You are lucky you are playing it with patch 1.2... imagine doing that place before that - the annoying puzzle + wild hunt before the nerf.

Btw, any tip on how to defeat LK? I'm really struggling with third phase:

I swear, I had enough of that freaking wild hunt....

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There were no clues about this shit
There is clue - you get it from Linzy in book episode. She tells you that third key hidden in secret room and about Fog Chamber in the underground level.

Horrible spoiler!
She actually DIED to acquire this info!

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Got a weird bug. I have a copy of "Mysterious Letter" - that letter the pirate guy sends you about the Hell Knights - in my kingdom management that won't go away. I've received the letter and even completed the quest, but the kingdom management prompt won't go away. This wouldn't be a problem, but it's draining my stability and community by 1 every week. Does anyone know a solution?

The patch notes say this bug is fixed, but evidently it's not.

hell bovine

Arcane
purpleblob

Spamming high level summons as a distraction worked for me, while Jubilost and Nok-Nok did their usual 'melt the boss' thing.

Kind of reminded me of the final battle in BG1. Overpowered as Sarevok was, even he could be defeated by the wand of summoning.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There were no clues about this shit
There is clue - you get it from Linzy in book episode. She tells you that third key hidden in secret room and about Fog Chamber in the underground level.

Horrible spoiler!
She actually DIED to acquire this info!
I know it is a secret room or chest or something but I don't remember her mentioning a fog chamber, also it is not mentioned in quest description anywhere. Still a terrible clue.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I did but not on everyone in the party. But since their gaze aoe seems to be crazy I guess I need to lol.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was horribly unimpressed with DEX based Sword Saint. Damage is bad, AC, even with all buffs, not enough to make him "untouchable" in ch1 when game is hardest, and too MAD to put some precious points to CON. Crazy dependent on Mirror Image, but penalized with less spell slots for questionable melee gains. SS is not flat-footed often (no Uncanny Dodge on tank!) thanks to class feats, but when he is - he is roadkill.
Eldritch Scion with some good bloodline and 1 lvl Scaled Fist dip for +1 full bab attack, 2-handing quarterstaff and power attack, was endlessly more useful offensively and not much behind in AC comparing to Sword Saint, since Mirror Image is the only thing keeping him alive and Scion has more lvl 2 spell slots.
Arcane bloodline is extra nice for giving access to Sense Vitals at lvl 9.
Impressions from playing on Hard.

I've had a pretty decent run so far on my second playthrough with a Rogue 4/Sword Saint X, go human for more/faster feats/skills or tiefling for more stats/immunities.

I went normal rogue and took dueling blade for my chosen weapon, I took the AC boost from dueling blades and crane style feats to further boost AC. Uncanny Dodge helps the survivability of the class, bonus rogue feats are also helpful since an effective Sword Saint is feat heavy.

That is because Rogue 4 is fantastic. It basically gives you +4 AB for free reducing enemy AC by 2 for *everyone* else.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
But you delay progression/loose A LOT.
Some other ways to increase AB/decrease enemy AC:
1. Bard Inspire Courage
2. Heroism/Good Hope/Greater Heroism
3. Outflank +2 AB vs flanked enemies, +4 total
4. Freebooter's Bond: +2 AB vs flanked enemies, +6 total
5. Freebooter's Bane: up to +5 AB vs marked target;+2 AB vs marked target at Freebooter level 5
6. Weapon enchantments, including magus ones; Bane is another +2 AB on top (and has a separate AP budget).
7. Arcane/Eldritch/Prescient Strike/Dimension Strike
8. Shatter Defenses vs Shaken enemies: makes enemies flat-footed, possibly reducing their AC a lot (it's easy to aoe intimidate living opponents)
9. Kinetic Magnetic Infusion (electric/metal/charged water): -4 AC
10. Prone: -4 AC
11. Prayer +1 AB
12. Paralyze: Flat footed AC
13. Blind
14. Fatigued/Exhausted

And a few others. I'm sure.

Not worth sacrificing 4 levels for me to postpone what SS brings to the table.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom