Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh, magic is less important for SS than for other Magus archetypes, and all that stuff works with Rogue 4 as well. I don't know which one is "more powerful" overall, but Rogue 4/SS x requires less micromanagement than a pure SS.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You also loose enchantment progression. May not get Bane Blade at all. Delay stuff like Int to damage, Greater Specialization.

Lhynn

Arcane
Dude. It's 3d8 extra damage and +4 to ab, dex to attack and damage free of feat plus bonus rogue feats. Those 4 rogue levels are insane. Nothing SS brings to the table in 4 levels is quite as good.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For me it's more like:
Dude. After Rogue level 4 what you even need SS for?
Middle BAB, stunted spell progression and even more stunted weapon enhancement. You'd be better off staying pure rogue or with small dip into the fighter/monk.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did anyone have a bug in House at end of time where you rest and your party gets spells back and heals but they all become fatigued so you need to rest again ?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Heroic Invocation spell causes it, as by description. If you rest while it's still active, you'll get Fatigue after. You need to skip time until buff is over and then rest properly. Or memorize 6 Lesser Restorations on divine caster.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Haha paladin is so broken in end game. When you use Smite evil you get your level as flat bonus to damage. But if you got a holy weapon that level bonus is also added to that. Then if you got those gloves that give bonus acid damage that flat bonus is also added to that. So my character does almost 100 non crit damage per hit when attacking anyone evil.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Dude. It's 3d8 extra damage and +4 to ab, dex to attack and damage free of feat plus bonus rogue feats. Those 4 rogue levels are insane. Nothing SS brings to the table in 4 levels is quite as good.

It's only d8 if its a Knife Master with tiny weapons. The SS in question was using dueling swords, I believe. Otherwise it's 3d6 - vs 2d6 and +2 Attack for Bane, basically. And +1 Arcane Strike damage. And stunted spell progression and other weapon echantments. Delayed Int to damage.

You trade full class potential for some early damage and Uncanny Dodge. That's okay, I guess, but not a trade I would make.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1756869745804243788

RPGCodex and RPGWatch news for Pathfinder: Kingmaker
4 FEB @ 8:19PM - THEZEISONSHA

Hello Pathfinders

In the past few days the communities of RPGCodex and RPGWatch surprised us with their – out of the blue - selection of Pathfinder: Kingmaker for Game of the Year Award 2018. We’re very very thankful and everyone is humbly bowing to their choices! Thank you! Also, everyone here is wearing that little smile in their face, understanding the effort didn’t go unnoticed and they’re very motivated and encouraged now. Again thanks! You guys rock!

5f7f18fe60628ff48e0772622697ed83dc8b0cc6.png

a9630b515b5c0d52771f015146fa846b4f8784b2.png

Did they paste the Watch's graphic twice by accident?

Lhynn

Arcane
It's only d8 if its a Knife Master with tiny weapons. The SS in question was using dueling swords, I believe. Otherwise it's 3d6 - vs 2d6 and +2 Attack for Bane, basically. And +1 Arcane Strike damage. And stunted spell progression and other weapon echantments. Delayed Int to damage.

You trade full class potential for some early damage and Uncanny Dodge. That's okay, I guess, but not a trade I would make.
Dueling swords are complete trash if you dont go with aldori.

Full class potential doesnt measure up to 16 levels and 4 rogue levels either way, so you are shooting yourself in the foot by going pure.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh Kalikke with Deadly Earth is completely broken. She even ignores Lantern King's curse lol

purpleblob

Savant
purpleblob

Spamming high level summons as a distraction worked for me, while Jubilost and Nok-Nok did their usual 'melt the boss' thing.

Kind of reminded me of the final battle in BG1. Overpowered as Sarevok was, even he could be defeated by the wand of summoning.

Finished :) I used Greater Shout on Wild Hunts, also used a few summons as well. Thanks for the tip!

Infinitron

One is editor's choice and the other is gamer's choice pic.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Dueling swords are complete trash if you dont go with aldori.

Full class potential doesnt measure up to 16 levels and 4 rogue levels either way, so you are shooting yourself in the foot by going pure.

The dueling swords are decent for finesse characters who like to use something bigger then a knife or a skewer. Plenty of Agile options even. Pretty good for a dex sword saint, who doesn't even pay the feat tax. And the top version is very nice with wide threat range 18-20 and stacking damage bonus.
Just got mine today at level 11 on hard. So I tought Jaethal to use them. Beating the lich wasn't easy, but keeping him perma-tripped and Harrim casting 2x Blade Barrier finally did the trick. Once I succeeded to Polymorph him, but the corpse wasn't lootable :(

And when I was playing a sword saint, my char wasn't exactly pure. Had a 1 level traditional monk dip for moar unarmored AC ;) Progression delayed by 1 level isn't that bad. But 4 is quite a lot for non-fighters/barbs/rogues/freebooters.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally killed Nyrissa and as others have said the battle was pathetic. She lived 1 round and I didn't even buff up extra for it. Just standard 1 hour and 10 minutes per level buffs. Very disappointing compared to what we had in BG games.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Eh, seems like Jaethal is no longer healed when you hit her with negative energy damage. Picked the negative energy Boneshard shortspear from the Barrow and thought I may finally use Jaethal, as now I'll finally have a cheap and convenient way to heal her. But no such luck, she takes regular damage from negative energy strikes.

Btw. the Lonely Barrow is a real Monty Haul location: epic hat, bracers, amulet, cloak, dueling sword, greataxe, flail, x-bow.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh, seems like Jaethal is no longer healed when you hit her with negative energy damage. Picked the negative energy Boneshard shortspear from the Barrow and thought I may finally use Jaethal, as now I'll finally have a cheap and convenient way to heal her. But no such luck, she takes regular damage from negative energy strikes.

Btw. the Lonely Barrow is a real Monty Haul location: epic hat, bracers, amulet, cloak, dueling sword, greataxe, flail, x-bow.
Sounds like a bug or oversight. If she is still undead she should be healed by stuff like this.
My Jaethal is also bugged. I turned her into a living Inqusitor of Pharasma and she still has - for Con :D

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1756869745804243788

RPGCodex and RPGWatch news for Pathfinder: Kingmaker
4 FEB @ 8:19PM - THEZEISONSHA

Hello Pathfinders

In the past few days the communities of RPGCodex and RPGWatch surprised us with their – out of the blue - selection of Pathfinder: Kingmaker for Game of the Year Award 2018. We’re very very thankful and everyone is humbly bowing to their choices! Thank you! Also, everyone here is wearing that little smile in their face, understanding the effort didn’t go unnoticed and they’re very motivated and encouraged now. Again thanks! You guys rock!

5f7f18fe60628ff48e0772622697ed83dc8b0cc6.png

a9630b515b5c0d52771f015146fa846b4f8784b2.png

Did they paste the Watch's graphic twice by accident?
No. One is the Editor's Choice, and the other is the Gamer's Choice. I very much hope that we have cool badges like these. Can't fall behind those pesky Watchers.

ArchAngel

Arcane
No. One is the Editor's Choice, and the other is the Gamer's Choice. I very much hope that we have cool badges like these. Can't fall behind those pesky Watchers.
Too late for that, we are already behind. Watch had their review by no other than purpleblob while nobody on 'Dex wants to take on this task.
I would if my command of English was better.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Too late for that, we are already behind. Watch had their review by no other than purpleblob while nobody on 'Dex wants to take on this task.
I would if my command of English was better.
DarkUnderlord could really throw a few bucks from the Codex money to a reviewer in cases like these. Sometimes you have to grease the gears to have results.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Debating on whether to buy the Season Pass now.. I stopped playing around Ch 3 at launch because of bugs but have been waiting for updates and possibly the 2nd DLC... I wonder if it is worth grabbing now.

user

Savant
I think the 3rd dlc will be what will be really worth it (endless dungeon). Wonder how they will handle that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom