Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I will bring buttons back

Buttons

• Total voters

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
And so, the people have spoken. I will indeed bring the buttons back.

Eventually.
Bring-Back-M.png

Last edited:

RoSoDude

Arcane
Godspeed. As happy as I am that my Dreed brofist collection remains intact, the loss of my :friendly: ratings from Karhu causes me great grief and despair.

:negative:

Deleted member 7219

DarkUnderlord ffs will you at least bring the Bad Spelling rating back?

I've been getting hives this last week seeing so many illiterate plebs absolutely butchering words/grammar and not suffering any consequences for it! It's practically a humanitarian crisis at this point.

Calling on Black to stand in solidarity

Agreed.

I’d also like the illiterate tag to be used more often.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The majority have made their voice heard.
Meh,who cares. DU is a dictator!

DU is our :obviously: Basilius and Autocrator if Kodex was gods forbid demoncracy or republicuck it would be full of librulism and SJW:decline: Comrade:

All hail to our beloved Dark Lord!
All hail, the glad echoes ring!
To you our love and true devotion
With grateful hearts we gladly sing!

Your name recalls our glorious triumph
When borne aloft on angel wings
Your motto lifts us with gladness
Above and under all earthly things

Assumption, gold and red and blue
To your teachings keep us ever true
Fidelity to duty
Love of simplicity
Brofists Purity

May your spirit be engraven
On our hearts 'till we reach heaven
And may love for you e'er go with that
Of our God and Codex land!

:obviously::incline::salute::obviously::incline::salute::obviously::incline::salute:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I found buttons fun at first but I later changed my mind.

I know that the Codex is the Codex and that you will always find a bit of everything here on every level of the spectrum. And I wouldn’t want that part to change because that’s what makes the Codex unique on internet. That means allowing trolls, cynics, extremists, racists, and other mean-spirited morons displaying their insecurities in a red neon sign—I admit I’m guilty of being one such moron at some particular points of my online life.

But one thing that kept everything working together was not the lax moderation but common ground. There were heated disagreements about politics but the same people could also discuss video games (the main raison d’être of this site); disagree about religion but find some common ground on literature. Common ground was what kept the Codex fun for a long time, and the truly extreme that would not find this common ground eventually left because nobody cared about their fatuous contributions.

It’s different these days. I’m not saying that things were better in the old days because that’s just nostalgia—which many outsiders accuse the Codex of. But there has been a change in society and it has affected the Codex: people are more likely to be extreme and less likely to find common ground.

There were circle-jerks before (a fine human tradition) but they usually involved some sort of argumentation. These days, there is a lot less of that. The Codex was never a beacon of intellectual radiance, but disagreement didn’t often get as nasty and stupid as it does today. Expressing disagreement with all the intellectual weight of a rating and optionally some jejune comment became too convenient.

For the longest time I thought of the Codex as the Gaul village from Astérix, with fights erupting frequently, but there was still a sense of camaraderie. The whole thing was twisted but it worked. But then it became nasty and things were a lot less fun. Again, at times I was part of the problem.

I don’t believe that removing the button parade will bring us back to where we were, and that’s because I don’t think the button parade was the cause but a symptom. But removing it is a step in the right direction and we can hopefully change things a bit for the better.

I know I’m naive, but I prefer to be positive. There is too much cynicism going around and I think it has reached unwholesome levels.

Of course, DU might just bring back the buttons next week. Screw this. :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The majority have made their voice heard.
Meh,who cares. DU is a dictator!

DU is our :obviously: Basilius and Autocrator if Kodex was gods forbid demoncracy or republicuck it would be full of librulism and SJW:decline: Comrade:

All hail to our beloved Dark Lord!
All hail, the glad echoes ring!
To you our love and true devotion
With grateful hearts we gladly sing!

Your name recalls our glorious triumph
When borne aloft on angel wings
Your motto lifts us with gladness
Above and under all earthly things

Assumption, gold and red and blue
To your teachings keep us ever true
Fidelity to duty
Love of simplicity
Brofists Purity

May your spirit be engraven
On our hearts 'till we reach heaven
And may love for you e'er go with that
Of our God and Codex land!

:obviously::incline::salute::obviously::incline::salute::obviously::incline::salute:
Agree,still it would have been better if i was the Tzar :obviously:.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I know that the Codex is the Codex and that you will always find a bit of everything here on every level of the spectrum. And I wouldn’t want that part to change because that’s what makes the Codex unique on internet. That means allowing trolls, cynics, extremists, racists, and other mean-spirited morons displaying their insecurities in a red neon sign—I admit I’m guilty of being one such moron at some particular points of my online life.

But one thing that kept everything working together was not the lax moderation but common ground. There were heated disagreements about politics but the same people could also discuss video games (the main raison d’être of this site); disagree about religion but find some common ground on literature. Common ground was what kept the Codex fun for a long time, and the truly extreme that would not find this common ground eventually left because nobody cared about their fatuous contributions.

It’s different these days. I’m not saying that things were better in the old days because that’s just nostalgia—which many outsiders accuse the Codex of. But there has been a change in society and it has affected the Codex: people are more likely to be extreme and less likely to find common ground.

There were circle-jerks before (a fine human tradition) but they usually involved some sort of argumentation. These days, there is a lot less of that. The Codex was never a beacon of intellectual radiance, but disagreement didn’t often get as nasty and stupid as it does today. Expressing disagreement with all the intellectual weight of a rating and optionally some jejune comment became too convenient.

For the longest time I thought of the Codex as the Gaul village from Astérix, with fights erupting frequently, but there was still a sense of camaraderie. The whole thing was twisted but it worked. But then it became nasty and things were a lot less fun. Again, at times I was part of the problem.

I don’t believe that removing the button parade will bring us back to where we were, and that’s because I don’t think the button parade was the cause but a symptom. But removing it is a step in the right direction and we can hopefully change things a bit for the better.

I know I’m naive, but I prefer to be positive. There is too much cynicism going around and I think it has reached unwholesome levels.

:gay:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Yes, they should. A brofist is the epitome of endorsement, beautiful simplicity and warm in its sense of comradery

Having posts rated with nothing but brofist-after-brofist-after-brofist will render a brofist meaningless and redundant. A user choosing a brofist despite a multitude of other enticing choices, now that's a brofist.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

tldr.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom