Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Released

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Depends on what you call puzzles (QfG-like puzzles, yes, for sure) but there is a couple of opportunities to get stuck (4/5 that i remember at least).

I highly recommend Quest for Infamy for anyone who likes off-beat humor and isn't a snowflake / extremist feminist meaning any codexer fond of QfG-like games should play it.

For me the ranking is more like :

QfI > Heroïne Quest >> (from what i've read, didn't try these two yet) Mage's Initiation/ Hero U

Your check is in the mail, Canoli.
:funny: Button

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tip: You can skip most animations in the game ( like walking from point A to B ) by pressing ESC. Really useful.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Looks like a true Quest for Glory heir and made by the same guys who did the Sierra remakes like QfG2
Hope they do well
BTW how did Hero U sell?

How did it sell?
I know you are a retard, but are you also one around here that considers it a state of the art game?

V_K

Arcane
How does Mage's Initiation rank compared to other Quest for Glory tributes?
About on par with Hero-U I would say, although for completely different reasons.
Would the ranking of QfG tributes be Heroine's Quest--->Hero-U/Mages Initiation-->Quest for Infamy in this case?
So I've given MI a second playthrough, and QfI a first one, and I would put the ranking something like this: HQ >>> Hero-U > MI/QfI, though the distance between the last three isn't that big. I would say though that while Hero-U and QfI have both prominent flaws and prominent virtues, MI is just mediocre all over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom